• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Reds, Sat 14 May, 2022. Eden Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Blues vs Queensland Reds

Date: SATURDAY 14 MAY 2022

Time: 19:05

Venue: Eden Park

Auckland Blues Official Team Matchday Graph:

bluesdunn.png

Queensland Reds Official Matchday Supporters Jersey:

quade1_zpsn3lzgld2.png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
This will be good DP, I think a good step from Rebels for the Blues a good building block towards finals.

Upthenuts

Jim Clark (26)
worlds fastest centre to make massive gains on the reds centre outside, get the confused out of position reds wingers stranded and tries to the blues wingers untouched

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Seems all is morbidly quiet on the western front. Which is to be expected, I guess, given the Reds will be going over-the-top right into the teeth of the Blues nuclear artillery.

atomic-cannon.gif

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Well we have reached that dreaded crossroads where the Brisbane Broncos have finally made themselves relevant again, just as the Reds are starting to fall apart. And this isn't the game you want to be playing for some 'Red-emption'.

For all the good stuff the Reds have achieved domestically the last two years, I can't help but feel this regression (with a number of key players on the sidelines) is leaving a lasting impression on the fan base.

Bookies have the Reds at $7.50 which I imagine is their longest odds in the last three seasons, the line is 15.5, Blues supporters should be all over that.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
REDS (1-15): Dane Zander, Albert Anae, Feao Fotuaika, Ryan Smith, Angus Blyth, Connor Vest, Angus Scott-Young, Seru Uru, Tate McDermott (c), James O'Connor, Jordan Petaia, Hunter Paisami, Josh Flook, Suliasi Vunivalu, Jock Campbell

RESERVES: Matt Faessler, Harry Hoopert, Sef Fa'agase, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Tuaina Tualima, Kalani Thomas, Hamish Stewart, Lawson Creighton

O'Connor, Paisami and Hoopert back, McReight, Asiata and Wilson out

Wilson

David Codey (61)
More detail on the outs:
Angus Scott-Young will start at openside flanker with Fraser McReight ruled-out with non-covid related illness,
Angus Blyth returns to the run-on side at look, as does veteran hooker Albert Anae who will start for Queensland for the first time since 2014 with Richie Asiata unavailable.

Seru Uru shifts to number-eight to replace Harry Wilson as the backrower continues to recover from concussion

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Anae as starting hooker is dire. Choosing him over Faessler is interesting - but going with experience, even if somewhat out of position, is probably the right call.

Anyone know if Stephen Moore's still on a retainer after travelling with them to Melbourne? Mostly joking, but if we have one more go down we could be in some serious strife.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In saying that, it is one of the better benches we’ve had which has been an issue of late. Let’s see how it’s used.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
In saying that, it is one of the better benches we’ve had which has been an issue of late. Let’s see how it’s used.
I don't mind Stewart coming on as a closer - but at the same time, I probably still would've chosen him to start over Flook, given how strong his performances have been this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.