• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bokke v Wallabies version III

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jury

Sardyntjie said:
PaarlBok said:
So I can understand the Brute lot but the Guppies is the ones that worry me. They play the same brand of rugby to us but that soutie lot just moan because of moan. No wonder the brute coloured Paarl players say they prefer much more the boere up north , down to earth brute lot to the snobbish soutie lot.

No win situation if you ask me.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I understand why you dig PDV so much Paarlbok , you guys are cut from the same cloth.And I say that with all the respect I have for you.

Guppies indeed.

I walked into a boardroom meeting two days ago with my Sharks jumper on and was greeted by this bull terrier of a guy who was hosting it.( a real opinionated bastard ) He jumped all over my Sharks top saying that it was very amusing to see me wearing it and went on to tell some lame joke about children that disowned their parents because they were Sharks supporters ( I think this joke is used for all the provinces mind ). I hosed myself with laughter when he had finished the lame joke , and he said that he was happy that I found the Sharks joke so amusing. I said to him , that the reason I laughed so much was because Province is so kak , that their supporters having a go at the other supporters , was indeed a very funny afffair.

Get my point dude.... 8)

:lmao:

I'm an Auckland/Blues supporter living in Christchurch (Canterbury/Crusaders) country. I've had similar experience. I always put it down to the ferals wanting to have a go at their betters ... :thumb

J

Jury

Thomond78 said:
Then you should stop being so lippy to the ChCh crowd, shouldn't you...? O0

Wrong way round, Thomo. I have to carry feral repellant down here ...

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Actually its pretty funny when you look at Snor's case. I can understand if he upset the opposition but to be really honest he will treasure every victory in the future with the Bokke. The case with the Saffers is a bit of a no win situation. Myself also can figure out that he's methods will upset the Brute lot. Its against the way the learn their trade of rugby for years and years and years. Blue's & Dions calls of me Paarl biased and Blues one that we should stick to winemaking is nothing more then a laugh worth.

If you take out the Paarl factor out of their teams they'll never be the same. Figure yourself out a Bok team without Jean & Schalk, then Blues beloved Bruty boys. Slaptjips (Pieter Rossouw) took nearly a season to get their backline going. Playerwise they are poaching our boys for years and in their current list they have Guthro, Jaco Engels, Wilhelm Steenkamp, Hilton Lobberts, the two Hougaards & Julies. Looking at their youth teams and you'll find the same trend and something always boddering me. But if you look at the Paarl setup and to the Brute lot it sort of make sense. Thomo had a bit of a laugh yesterday when he saw one of Paarl Gym Prymary Schools sponsors is "Cattle Baron Steak Ranches" but really we talk the same taal, share the same passion for rugby, love our steaks and biltong, ext. The only thing we differ is our wine where they opt for Charge Office Coffee (Brandy & Coke), they eat pap & sous and we eat braai broodjies.

So I can understand the Brute lot but the Guppies is the ones that worry me. They play the same brand of rugby to us but that soutie lot just moan because of moan. No wonder the brute coloured Paarl players say they prefer much more the boere up north , down to earth brute lot to the snobbish soutie lot.

No win situation if you ask me.

Maybe Slaptjips couldn't get the backline going because he had no coaching experience? Todd Louden took half a season to get them going so why blame the players?

As for "stealing" players, you guys just keep on letting good players go. Hougaard wasn't good enough. The Bulls thought he was. Nokwe wasn't good enough. Jaco Engels wasn't good enough. For every one poached, WP let one slip. Earl Rose was too small, Brent Russel was too small.

This is a preofessional sport. If you are not prepared to pay someone and another team will then it's tough luck. You can't call it poaching. That's just sour grapes.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
Maybe Slaptjips couldn't get the backline going because he had no coaching experience? Todd Louden took half a season to get them going so why blame the players?

As for "stealing" players, you guys just keep on letting good players go. Hougaard wasn't good enough. The Bulls thought he was. Nokwe wasn't good enough. Jaco Engels wasn't good enough. For every one poached, WP let one slip. Earl Rose was too small, Brent Russel was too small.

This is a preofessional sport. If you are not prepared to pay someone and another team will then it's tough luck. You can't call it poaching. That's just sour grapes.
Your memories a bit short Blue. The Bulls backline was kak in the S14 with the new ELVs. It tool Slaptjips nearly the full tournament to get them right. He just keep on going in the CC. I nearly forgot about the other pearl from Paarl just about to get his change. Francis the 10. In fact I dont fight the poaching but looking at yur own bred Wit Bulletjies, the Bulls lot have no other choise to keep on poaching our talent. Not only coaching but also players and I am still hurting you lot poaching our 2007 fatty captain Rossouw de Klerk. That was a big poach and its going to come back and hurt WP. Write that name down.

Myself just try to say the rugby vibe in Paarl is much more closer to Brute country then to Slaapstad. Regarding the Guppies, they bragging about their scrum. They forgot the name Balie Swart, one of our favourate Paarl Gym heroes. Balie already promise Paarl Gims head master he'll sent his girls to Gimmies. At least he know they will get usefull boy friends when they bigger. Slaptjips still stay in Stellenbosch and his kids in Eikestad. I met him when we chop that lot and he'll get back rather sooner then later.

So you lot have to thank the Paarl rugby factor Boet!

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Jury said:
Thomond78 said:

Going round the place with two eyes instead of one like any decent Cantab, thinking you're all swanky... ::)

Love the idea of Balie Swart looking up the Gimmie stud-book. Hempies has a son, maybe he should give him a ring...? ;)

Ah, the Boland - where the Bergies are the sanest ones around... :lmao: :thumb

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thomond78 said:
Hempies has a son, maybe he should give him a ring...? ;)

Hempies will sent his son to the Eikestad and Paul Roos lot. ;) You havent saw a lot of Paarl's bergies. They play touchies around here but we do have one white one. Losing his head in the old SA and shouting that K....r word hard and loud if anyone come close to him. When we take a smoke break outside we have a good look at Moses, thats what the kids called him because he got long hair. At times when he hear the knock on his head he'll scream full volume "Jou ma se.........s" if you dare look at him. He use to stand outside of our local KFC and the person I am I always invite him inside and he can pick any meal he wish. That makes his week. Now winter time he cant sleep in his usual bed and we sure do miss him.

J

Jury

Thomond78 said:
Jury said:
Thomond78 said:

Going round the place with two eyes instead of one like any decent Cantab, thinking you're all swanky... ::)

Love the idea of Balie Swart looking up the Gimmie stud-book. Hempies has a son, maybe he should give him a ring...? ;)

Yeah and my wife is not my cousin. Kind of pissed off the locals. They thought I was up myself or sumfing. ::)

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
She's a weird one alright Jury. I spent about 8 months there before my UK time and found it hard to get to know people once they found out I didn't go to school there (the dead give away was that I could spell) which is something peculiar to the Cantab's in NZ at least so far as I have found so far.

Also thought it would matter that I wasn't from Auckland - wrong.

J

Jury

Scorz said:
She's a weird one alright Jury. I spent about 8 months there before my UK time and found it hard to get to know people once they found out I didn't go to school there (the dead give away was that I could spell) which is something peculiar to the Cantab's in NZ at least so far as I have found so far.

Oh yeah, mate. She's a weird one alright. :lmao:

We should be getting out of here in the next year or so. Can't wait!

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Jury said:
Scorz said:

Where to dude?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Christchurch - nice looking place. Reminded me of Adelaide, except I saw more Asians in central ChCh than I did any other race combined. Even the guy manning the counter in Champions Of The World was Asian! Weird.

J

Jury

Scorz said:
Jury said:
Scorz said:

Where to dude?

Not sure at this stage, Scorz. Got a few options on the table and just trying to decide. We'd like anywhere in the North Island because it's easier to travel and closer to our families.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Jury said:
Scorz said:
Jury said:
Scorz said:

Where to dude?

Not sure at this stage, Scorz. Got a few options on the table and just trying to decide. We'd like anywhere in the North Island because it's easier to travel and closer to our families.
Yup pretty much reason #2 why I'll never live there again, you'e still in NZ but it's a mission to to get anywhere. I'm pretty tempted to bail for Taupo. Close to the mountain, no sharks in the Lake. Heaps of pubs (and tourist chicks...) O0

Status
Not open for further replies.