• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brad Thorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Rugby league premiership winner (multiple), State of Origin winner (multiple), rugby league test match winner (maybe titles in there), Super rugby winner (multiple), Rugby World Cup winner.

And he carries himself with professionalism and dignity in whatever he does. Respect.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Rugby league premiership winner (multiple), State of Origin winner (multiple), rugby league test match winner (maybe titles in there), Super rugby winner (multiple), Rugby World Cup winner.

And he carries himself with professionalism and dignity in whatever he does. Respect.

I think the bloke is a sensation.
Is it merely coincidence, however, that he chose to play for the Broncs in mungoes (invariably strong side), Australia in league (historically the best in the world), Crusaders (perennially the best s. 15 franchise or very close to it), All Blacks in union (always the best)......he could have played Nth Qld,Kiwis, Tahs & Wallabies and no one would have heard of him.
I hope he's a good bloke as well as a great player.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
But to play for the teams that he did you have to be the best and that is what he is. The fact he turned down an All Black tour spot because he didn't think he deserved to be there at the time shows that he has great expectations of himself. I remember at the time thinking he was crazy but he backed his ability and came back better the next year. One of the worlds great sportsmen.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I think you can count him as a great All Black, maybe not in the sense he will be remembered for ever, but I have heard quite a few of the boys interviewed who say he is a leader off the field as well as on it and constantly lifts the team when they need it. That to me is great. He is certainly the greatest cross code player in history hands down, and to do it in the forwards only means that much more.

Patto.

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think you can count him as a great All Black, maybe not in the sense he will be remembered for ever, but I have heard quite a few of the boys interviewed who say he is a leader off the field as well as on it and constantly lifts the team when they need it. That to me is great. He is certainly the greatest cross code player in history hands down, and to do it in the forwards only means that much more.

Greatest code changer in history? Messenger, Mossop, Thornett, Summons might come into consideration.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
The thing that makes BBBT more remarkable than most other players is to still be performing so well at such an advance age after being injury free for most of his career. Also, BBBT (along with McCaw and Carter) has been a real steadying influence on the ABs when they have been under the pump. BBBT does know how to panic.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Absolute warrior. Would have him in my side any day of the week, never lets anyone down and deserves all the success he has had over both codes. Was reading a Wayne Bennett article yesterday about Thorn and you could just sense the respect Bennett had for him, it was something to behold. Not many can claim to have the same reputation and esteem as Thorn. Good luck in the future, you tough bastard.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's been great to see him show a bit of emotion over the last couple of years during test matches, getting fired up. And then last night he cried as he probably felt absolutely spent and overcome with the fact that they finally got over the line this time.

2003 is probably a very distant memory for him now....

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yep a true legend, can't say much more than has been said, but I know his next door neigbours and they say he is truly the nicest bloke on earth. Would do anything for them etc etc. What a top bloke.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yep a true legend, can't say much more than has been said, but I know his next door neigbours and they say he is truly the nicest bloke on earth. Would do anything for them etc etc. What a top bloke.

he could have played for us...he could have

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)

You fellas would know more about it but must be unusual for someone to be so successful at League and play top class union as a second rower. Would think that league has hardly anything in common with top class 2nd row play, makes his achievements all the more incredible. Good luck to him, he will leave some hole for NZ to fill; that is called clutching at straws by the way!?!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You fellas would know more about it but must be unusual for someone to be so successful at League and play top class union as a second rower. Would think that league has hardly anything in common with top class 2nd row play, makes his achievements all the more incredible. Good luck to him, he will leave some hole for NZ to fill; that is called clutching at straws by the way!?!

True - but the Kiwis arent as obsessed as we are with having the tallest 2nd rowers on the park: which might explain our ability to compete in the facet of the game....until recently

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Status
Not open for further replies.