• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Break Out the Arm Bands? - Bakkies Again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Love your work Bluey.

Blue said:
Completely off topic but I wonder if we will see a quiet little avatar change from you any time soon?

I somehow doubt it. But, if somehow our patron guides us up the Yellow Brick Road to the Emerald City (the S14 title), then I'll happily get back in my box - at least for a little while - and change my icon. Am thinking maybe something in a nice blue colour, maybe with a floral influence, with inspirations from a mythical biblical character.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
TheRiddler said:
Am thinking maybe something in a nice blue colour, maybe with a floral influence, with inspirations from a mythical biblical character.
I'm flattered, but you know I can't really walk on water, right?

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
in case anyone was still unsure, the title i used was meant to be a humorous poke at the past and nothing more. not calling for this or that. and i hadn't heard anything about it before i happened upon the story so whether or not bulls/SA fans were for or against the suspension never crossed my mind.

personally i think it was stupid and the man has been around enough that he should know better by now, so he deserves the time out in the corner he's gotten. but i still don't see it as bad as his previous actions or several of the others that have been mentioned already (burger, mumm, baxter handbagging).

does that appease everyone? O0

H

Ho3n3r

Newb said:
in case anyone was still unsure, the title i used was meant to be a humorous poke at the past and nothing more. not calling for this or that. and i hadn't heard anything about it before i happened upon the story so whether or not bulls/SA fans were for or against the suspension never crossed my mind.

personally i think it was stupid and the man has been around enough that he should know better by now, so he deserves the time out in the corner he's gotten. but i still don't see it as bad as his previous actions or several of the others that have been mentioned already (burger, mumm, baxter handbagging).

does that appease everyone? O0

Fair enough. In that case I unconditionally apologise for my rant earlier. Peace brother? :thumb

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
What the...?

Farkin' hippie peaceniks, the lot of you. I'm disgusted, dis-farkin'-gusted. :angryfire:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Ho3n3r said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7CM-_JlG64

Bakkies on Adam Jones - textbook example on how to clean. There was nothing in it. That one on Stirling - if you look for it, you'll find at least 5 worse incidents than that in any rugby game that do not get penalised or cited.

Except for being illegal, he entered with his shoulder below his hips, did not attempt to bind and used his shoulder as a weapon.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
PaarlBok said:
Fattie, honestly, do you think about all this red tape when you enter a ruck? :nta:

I don't think anybody does to be honest Paarl, but we should remember, that incidents like this is exactly why the rules are there. To prevent injury.

If BB had entered following the rules as FP said, AJ wouldn't have been injured.

Thats thes rules though, we all know these ones in particular are broken multiple times every game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Fattie, honestly, do you think about all this red tape when you enter a ruck? :nta:

paarl, a good player knows the rules and works to the edges of them.

Do you think all about this red tape or just throw the ball forward? :nta:

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
fatprop said:
PaarlBok said:

No Boet, honestly its a bit different between passing and cleaning out a ruck.

You cant go in a ruck with your arse first. You go in there with the intend to clean the poachers from the pill, thats your main objective, may hurt yourself in the process aswell.

Anyway thats the way we teach the small kids overhere. Smash the poachers.

H

Ho3n3r

fatprop said:
PaarlBok said:

Not nearly the same, mate. But I see your point, rules are rules.

My point's just that that is as close to a legal clean I've ever seen. Maybe Bakkies is just too aggro and hit the guys too hard, which may be his only sin.

If rugby was boxing he'd be the best in the business.

H

Ho3n3r

Thomond78 said:
What the...?

Farkin' hippie peaceniks, the lot of you. I'm disgusted, dis-farkin'-gusted. :angryfire:

That's the spirit :thumb

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
(last post scarfie (my 3rd on this))

PaarlBok said:
fatprop said:
PaarlBok said:

You cant go in a ruck with your arse first. You go in there with the intend to clean the poachers from the pill, thats your main objective, may hurt yourself in the process aswell.

Mate, I appreciate you teach the kids to smash the poachers, just try adding a bit of technique as well.

It isn't arse first, it is shoulders above hips (to encourage the players staying on their feet) and binding to the player and driving through. The blocker can then stay on his feet after the cleanout and stay in the play.

Watch how the Crusaders cleanout wherever possible, it is why they get so many players around the field so quickly, they stay on their feet and keep in the play.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Crusaders aint the best example Fattie, they have McAwe there, now thats the target when you clean out rucks, allla Bakkies style.
(Hey and we aint stirring or fishing or fighting or throlling, having a good conversation here with my Fattie broer)

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
PaarlBok said:
fatprop said:
PaarlBok said:

Could that be why apart from Brussow you dont have too many fetchers in the Waugh/Smith mould.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
PaarlBok said:
Crusaders aint the best example Fattie, they have McAwe there, now thats the target when you clean out rucks, allla Bakkies style.
(Hey and we aint stirring or fishing or fighting or throlling, having a good conversation here with my Fattie broer)

So, the target is to clean out the best players in the opposition by a flying headbutt?

Jeez, I hope you aren't teaching your kids that!!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
MajorlyRagerly said:
PaarlBok said:

So, the target is to clean out the best players in the opposition by a flying headbutt?

Jeez, I hope you aren't teaching your kids that!!!
MR, the upside is we'll get to play Tests against the Bokke with 14 on the park much of the time for decades to come! :lmao:
Bakkies is just a big, misunderstood teddy-bear, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.