• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Saturday is a busy night, 51k on fox is quite a high number. If its over 30 I think we'll take it.

Bagpipe

Frank Row (1)
Brisbane City, Ballymore. Great memories.

Also, with all this talk about the Rebels. It's got me thinking... if the Rebels and Force were to fold. Could both Queensland and NSW support two Rugby Teams each? (2 NSW, 2 QLD and 1 ACT team in the Super Rugby Comp).

Goal would be to build two sets of fanatical derbies.

From NSW; Sydney City (Stadium Australia - Sydney Stars + Rays + Rams) and NSW Country Rebels (Pirtek Stadium - NSW Country + Rebels).

From QLD; Something along the lines of North Brisbane (Suncorp/Ballymore - Brisbane City) and South Brisbane-Gold Coast (QE2/Robina - QLD Country + Spirit). Force and Reds players would be distributed amongst these two teams.

Then you fire things up with annual pure state of birth clashes between QLD and NSW.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Blew a bit of fluff out of yer pipes there, Bp, there's NO way the Rebels and/or the Force are going to fold. No way. SANZAR and the ARU won't allow it.

T

TOCC

Nic Stiles unsurprisingly reappointed as head coach for 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Considering the squad Bris City will welcome back they should be one of the favourites. Back to back?

1. Paraka
2. Ready (Hanson*)
3. Talakai
4. Kotze
5. McDuling
6. Korzyk
7. Gunn (Gill*)
8. Schatz
9. Frisby
10. McIntyre
11. Kuridrani
12. B. Tapuai
13. White (Kerevi*)
14. Laloifi
15. Turner

16. Mafi
17. ?
18. Fa'agase
20. Wilkin
21. Mullins
22. R. Tapuai

Big question was K. Hunt in the city squad last season ?

That squad is quite formidable

* Possible Wallaby selection

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hunt wasn't in either squad last year. Spent some time watching City and working with QC (Quade Cooper). I suspect they will fit him in where they need the depth.

Look for all the Oz U20 players to work their way in plus any of the guys with Elite Development Contracts.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah the NRC squads in QLD are filled as follows
1. Uninjured Reds contracted players not playing for wallabies.
2. Reds EDS players (maybe not in starting roles for the really young fellas depending)
3. Top QPR players including blokes who have been in wider training groups etc. Guys who were there last year will probably get 1st crack primarily.

Do posters from each club want to nominate some of their players who potentially deserve an NRC opportunity while trying to remain as realistic and objective as possible?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Yeah the NRC squads in QLD are filled as follows
1. Uninjured Reds contracted players not playing for wallabies.
2. Reds EDS players (maybe not in starting roles for the really young fellas depending)
3. Top QPR players including blokes who have been in wider training groups etc. Guys who were there last year will probably get 1st crack primarily.

Do posters from each club want to nominate some of their players who potentially deserve an NRC opportunity while trying to remain as realistic and objective as possible?
Have a look on the QLD Premier Rugby 2015 forum, many have thrown names out there.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Now the Reds Super Rugby Campaign is over, ditto for the out of contract/between contract Force and Rebels*, any word on the where the non-Wallaby Professional players will be for NRC: Brisbane or Qld Country?

Will they transition into QPR Club footy until finals, or go straight into NRC mode?

Cadeyrn Neville would be looking good to be playing NRC for one of the QLD squads. Additionally there will be a few NRC "newbies" from 2015 Aust and QLD Under 20's that will be looking to take their next steps on the Pathway to Gold through NRC this year.

* I would expect Non-Wallaby Rebels, and Force players with ongoing contracts who are Queenslanders to be contractually obliged to play for the Rising and Spirit rather than come "home".

T

Train Without a Station

Hope they get Neville to play for Country with Horwill, McDuling and Kotze all playing for Bris City last year.

Anybody know anything about membership options? I'm going to try to get to all City's games.

T

TOCC

so based on 2014 squad:

Losses:
-Phil Kite(Vikings)
-Will Genia(O/S)
-James Hanson(Rising)
-James Horwill(O/S)
-Curtis Browning(injured)

Unknown:
-Ben Tapuai

Possible Reds inclusions
-JOC (James O'Connor)
-Karmichael Hunt

1. Paraka
2. Ready
3. Talakai
4. Kotze
5. McDuling
6. Korczyk
7. Gunn
8. Shatz
9. Frisby
10. McIntyre
11. Turner
12. Kerevi
13. ?
14. Kuridrani
15. ?

Who are the form outside backs in the QPR? Laloifi, Parker and Feaunati all filled in the role in 2015. Are Toby White and Rex Tapuai still the frontrunners for the outside centre position?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Brisbane City might find it hard to stay within the maximum number of Super Rugby players allowed. Was it 16 or 18 last year?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IMO having a max cap is pointless, should be a min cap of Super Rugby players.

The Rays, Stars, and QLD Country had fuck all.

T

Train Without a Station

Didn't the Rays choose players like Fardy, Hooper, Palu and Pek Cowan? While also having Cam Crawford, Greg Peterson and Matt Lucas who were contracted at the time?

Whilst the Stars chose Foley, Phipps, Folau and Skelton? Plus also Paddy Ryan, Jeremy Tilse, Laurie Weeks, Tolu Latu, Pat McCutcheon, Michael Hodge, Peter Betham and Angus Robertson?

QLD Country also had Greg Holmes, James Slipper, Saia Fainga'a, Blake Enever, Rob Simmons, Beau Robinson, Mike Harris, Ben Lucas, JJ Tuilaigi and Anthony Fainga'a.

I don't exactly see it a fault in the system. I see a fault in the recruitment of some teams, with their spots filled by players they expected to be unavailable, and a little bad luck due to injuries.

T

TOCC

IMO having a max cap is pointless, should be a min cap of Super Rugby players.

The Rays, Stars, and QLD Country had fuck all.

Is that really in the best interest of the comp, the situation in NSW is a design of their own making, the risk of so many teams was always going to be player depth.

QLD Country had quite a few Super Rugby players, many of those were called up for Wallabies or injured though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Didn't the Rays choose players like Fardy, Hooper, Palu and Pek Cowan? While also having Cam Crawford, Greg Peterson and Matt Lucas who were contracted at the time?
I think all the Wallabies were exempt from the cap.

It was promotional duties for the NRC teams and an injury comeback path only as far as playing was concerned.

So those guys weren't a problem.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is that really in the best interest of the comp, the situation in NSW is a design of their own making, the risk of so many teams was always going to be player depth.

Why isn't that the best interest of the comp? To have reasonably even sides??

Are you saying NSW shouldn't have 4 teams? There's already not enough teams and you want less? Just because the Rising are in Melbourne doesn't mean the whole Rebels team should play there. Spread it around, too many games weren't competitive.

T

Train Without a Station

Not enough teams? People are complaining about the lack of talent to spread around and Sydney teams account for some of the lowest crowds.

Clearly there are too many Sydney teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.