• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City vs Perth Spirit, Rd1 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
MOTM for me was Gill, although Tessman from the Spirit came very close. Thomas playing at lock for City was great, and Laloifi at fullback showed some class although i think he is a better wing then fullback.

Tessman is the Michael Ennis of RU - did he enter a single ruck from behind the hindmost? What a pest.
But his workrate is good.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
I enjoyed the game. Both sides had some good moments. I noticed Frisby taking all the clearing kicks for Brisbane. I assume from that McIntyre doesn't have much of a boot.

Perth played well in the forwards but dropped the ball at crucial times. They also didn't offer much in the backs. Individually they were okay, but no real cohesion I thought. Not surprising I suppose when Prior had to play 10 for 78 minutes with Burton going down.

I also liked the look of the Spirit replacement half - Lawrence?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Enjoyed the game...nice to be able to watch some quality rugby on Thursday night.....on TV crowd looked small but read comments on here that all mainly in one stand...

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
T

TOCC

I believe so, if you try click on the replay it should direct you or tell you what you need to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I enjoyed the game. Both sides had some good moments. I noticed Frisby taking all the clearing kicks for Brisbane. I assume from that McIntyre doesn't have much of a boot.

Perth played well in the forwards but dropped the ball at crucial times. They also didn't offer much in the backs. Individually they were okay, but no real cohesion I thought. Not surprising I suppose when Prior had to play 10 for 78 minutes with Burton going down.

I also liked the look of the Spirit replacement half - Lawrence?

Louwrens - pronounced Lawrence or near as.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
How was the crowd? Gotta say I love the fact that Pulver has committed to seeing this through and hopefully for the long term. It will be to the betterment of the game in this country.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Thurs night games are always tricky to get to so will struggle for crowds. 2800 is a good start but!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Rugby nutter, the whole crowd was in one stand (apart from a few on embankment) they actually had someone stopping anyone from going on other side of field. I thought crowd was a little disapponitning, but maybe being a thursday night etc. Just I thought the quality of game deserved more people there.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Rugby nutter, the whole crowd was in one stand (apart from a few on embankment) they actually had someone stopping anyone from going on other side of field. I thought crowd was a little disapponitning, but maybe being a thursday night etc. Just I thought the quality of game deserved more people there.

The whole competition deserves more bums on seats and eye's watching on TV. It also deserves a great deal more promotion and attention. I honestly thik that the NRC could be the vehicle to disprove the naysayers about the game in Aus if given the opportunity.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Geez you'll be fucked if anything ever happens to that one eye of yours Shiggins.
Did u not see that monster Forward pass? It's not one eyed. It's having 2 that can see it. The ball went Forward more distance then it went sideways. I didn't think Perth had the game to win though. Brisbane deserved it

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah I thought he was great MHCS. He looks a little bigger than he did last season but still quick!

T

Train Without a Station

TOCC he didn't really play fullback. Hunt spent the entire game defending at fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.