• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City vs QLD country @ Ballymore (28 Oct 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Country side really missed Holmes up front but were dominated in the forwards. I still think Tuttle deserves a shot at 10. Brandon has been boring. JJ had a good game again. The more I see of Magnay, the more I like.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You could see his class in the 20 mins he played. He attracts defenders and just reads the play so well. Was a huge upgrade on Mcintyre but this was a forwards dominant game.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Brisbane City forwards we're just too good. IMO Country did very well to scramble and save a few tries. The substitutes who came on really took it to another level.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
City made a heap of breaks but couldn't finish thanks to messy play and good scrambling defence from Country.

JJ playing like the anti-JJ, looking very dangerous and even making some tackles. He was close to Country's best, and the country 8 and 13 didn't look too shabby.

Thought the ref was a bit frustrating, he seemed to have no clue at the break down. Blew against a few guys that seemed fairly on their feet, and gave penalties to defenders who were off their feet not supporting their own weight.

City forward pack was much better than Country, Country missed Holmes badly. City dominated the scrums, but had a messy lineout. Schatz does look very good at this level, Gill look harshly penalised on occasion, and I like the look of McDuling in the NRC now he's stringing some games together.

City are a dangerous side, but have too much sloppy and rushed play. At the moment they look to be clustered with a couple of teams as about the second best team in the comp behind the Rising, but City are a long way behind the Rising.

Cooper had a few nice touches, including a sideline conversion with his first touch of the ball. But he was his usual risk taking self as well.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Thoughts Quades tackling game excellant - shoulder held up well.
Don't think he actually tackled anybody !!

Great just to see the bloke have a run around and not get any injury qat all.

Stacked City team's overall talent just rose to the surface. Holmses missed big time in scrums.

Good day, great crowd - good to see

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
JJ playing like the anti-JJ, looking very dangerous and even making some tackles. He was close to Country's best, and the country 8 and 13 didn't look too shabby.

JJ has been playing well at this level and obviously Premier grade. The more 'unstructured' game plans and scrambling defense is what he thrives off. Obviously the guy has talent but I think it would be hard to justify his selection in the Reds still based off his performances in S15 last year, he just doesn't seem to click with the intensity of that level.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Anyone know when the full game highlights are up ? Keen to look at some individual performances from the game.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Last I checked late last night you could still watch the full game from the live stream on the Reds' youtube channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.