• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'll have a go

1. Alexander
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Hand
5. Kimlin
6. Mowen
7. Hooper
8. Vaea
9. White
10. To'omua
11 Speight
12. McCabe
13. Smith
14. Tomane
15. Lealiifano

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brumbies 22 possibles

1. Alexander
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Power
5. Kimlin
6. Mowen
7. Fainga'a
8. Auelua
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Speight
12. McCabe
13. Tomane
14. Crawford
15. Lealiifano

16. Yanuyanutawa
17. Sam Carter
18. Hooper/ Hoiles
19. Vaea
20. Prior
21. Smith
22. Kuridrani

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
While it would be best for the team to have Alexander playing well at looshead it appears his future is now locked onto the other side...

I would predict a possible xv of:

1. Yanuyanutawa (the only true LH in the squad)
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Power
5. Kimlin
6. Mowen
7. Hooper
8. Vaea
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Speight
12. McCabe
13. Tomane
14. Crawford
15. Lealiifano

16. Siliva
17. Palmer
18. Hand
19. Hoiles
20. Prior
21. Coleman
22. Smith/Sitauti/Kuridrani

or in a 5/2 split:

16. Siliva
17. Palmer
18. Hand
19. Hoiles
20. Auelua (can cover centre)
21. Prior
22. Coleman

I get the feeling that it's going to be tough to squeeze in both Hooper, Fainga'a and Hoiles into the one 22...

Hooper is a genuine openside and should start. Fainga'a and Hoiles are too similar and it will depend on Hoiles' fitness.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
One of the strange negatives of McCabe's reasonable success at 12 with the Brumbies late in the season, and the Wobs, may be that it marginalises Coleman who would be otherwise ready to go.

One had thought that the disappearance of T.Smith, Giteau and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would open the 2012 backline spots enough for Rob to start at 12 as he did early in the 2011 season, but it looks like it's not going to happen. Watch this space though - an in injury or two makes comments like these 6 months before the start of the next Super season, nonsense.

Slim

I think that Hooper should start in most games because although Colby is a different player from Hoiles they do have a lot of similarities.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I assume Jesse Mogg has picked up a rookie contract as he was one of the "Brumbies Players" listed on their site this week doing community work with other senior players...

Healthy Bones Breakfast
Monday, 8 August 2011
Brumbies Media Unit

Colby Fainga'a signs a jersey at the Healthy Bones Breakfast.

After walking from the field most Saturday afternoons battered and bruised, most rugby players are pretty happy their bones are strong enough to stand up to the challenge of being belted by 100kg-plus monsters.

With this in mind, Brumbies Rugby players Jono Owen, Jesse Mogg, Colby Fainga'a and Siliva Siliva all visited primary schools in the ACT region on Thursday and Friday morning last week for the Healthy Bones Breakfasts.

Fainga'a and Siliva headed south to St Clares of Assisi at Conder while Owen and Mogg took their message to the north of Canberra to the Good Shepherd Primary School at Amaroo.

The healthy Bones Breakfasts were run to teach children about the importance of building strong bones while they are young to be able to cope with the strains and pains of life as they grow older.

In total about 300 students took part on the breakfasts, with cereals, milk and fresh fruit all being served while the Brumbies Rugby boys signed autographs for the students and a couple of mums and dads.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I get the feeling that it's going to be tough to squeeze in both Hooper, Fainga'a and Hoiles into the one 22...

Hooper is a genuine openside and should start. Fainga'a and Hoiles are too similar and it will depend on Hoiles' fitness.
Gee, Fainga'a would be hard done by not even being in the 22. I thought he was one of the Brumbies best this last season.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gee, Fainga'a would be hard done by not even being in the 22. I thought he was one of the Brumbies best this last season.

It's rough, but he's not a fetcher, and he's too small for 6/8 and doesn't provide a lineout option.

However, based on how things went the past season there would still be plenty of gametime for him through rotation and injuries.

But if I were to pick my best 22 I'd have to go with Hooper starting, and Fotu and Hoiles on the bench...

Although Hoiles hasn't played much rugby the past year or so and could find himself outside the 22 if he lacks form...

B

brumby49

hi guys just to fill you in on young Ruaidhri, he moved to perth in wa age one and grew up in perth, moved to ireland with his family at age 14.
he moved back to australia specifically to play in the super fifteen competion, needed to prove himself as his game time was an issue at exeter, for those of you who are interested exeter spent their first year in the premiership last year and for the most part had one of the best scrumaging packs in the comp, young Ruaidhri was just unlucky, should be a very good asset to the brumbies, look forward to seeing how he does.

T

tranquility

Welcome aboard mate, stellar first post.

I have never seen him play, but he plays for my club (the Tigers) so he must be a good egg.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brumbies in camp back at Narrabeen this past week. Look'n sharp. Tah mans been seen near by in the bushes taking notes for Coach Foleys' 2012 follies...

S

Surf12

Yeah he goes by Rory.. Played strongly all season for Easts, and has actually played every minute of all 16 in season games.. Plays both Loose and Tighthead.

He is 116kg but could easily get over 120kg with his frame. Has good work rate and good skills. Runs under 5secs for the 40m...

He got a gig over here cause one of his grand parents is an aussie. Trialled with a few super teams and the Brumbies have picked him up. Good fella with his Irish humor.

I think Jake White is building the squad nicely.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
id like to see moore as captain>> he seems like a real leader to me
id be very dissapointed if with the long preseason hoiles estblishes himself as cptain... he is rubbish imo>> decent 6 but a poor 8
what i dont like is forwards promoting themselves as 'link' forwards trying to be backs... it just means that there is one less forward doing their real job

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Has anyone seen the new layout for the Brumbies website?

Certainly an improvement - I like seeing the local comp a bit more prominent.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Has anyone seen the new layout for the Brumbies website?

Certainly an improvement - I like seeing the local comp a bit more prominent.

The Grassroots tab has a link to our club's website but they've spelled it wrong. I think I'll give them a call today.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Smart move. Our club is completely redesigning our website, so I suppose we will let them know in due course.

In any case, much nicer layout. Seems to be following the ARU website template

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I am a little suprised Hoiles is still at the Brumbies. He doesn't strike me as the Jake White type.

I think the Brumbies are in for a good 2012. Everything seems to be on the up (not that it could get lower) and they have recruited well. A changing of the guard is going to be a huge positive for them. Stephen Moore must be captain by the way.

Good luck.

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
Jesse Mogg appears in the main squad on the new website. It's been rumored that he signed and I'm suprised there has been no announcement. Good signing, just needs to add another 5-6kg to his frame. Jake White's been down to watch some of his games for Wests.

Status
Not open for further replies.