• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That tackle was just a one off. But geez it looked bad.

In other news, coach announcement maybe not til the end of this week - no idea what the delay is.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That tackle was just a one off. But geez it looked bad.

In other news, coach announcement maybe not til the end of this week - no idea what the delay is.

Not a good look for the club. Surely, they know/knew who they wanted out of Bernie and Laurie weeks ago. For mine, I don't even see the sense in doing an interview in these circumstances. What would it have elicited that they didn't already know? I don't mind who gets the job, just get it done and make the announcement.

T

TOCC

Not a good look for the club. Surely, they know/knew who they wanted out of Bernie and Laurie weeks ago. For mine, I don't even see the sense in doing an interview in these circumstances. What would it have elicited that they didn't already know? I don't mind who gets the job, just get it done and make the announcement.

Agreed... The only question they needed to ask was who wanted the position and their long term intentions... They hierarchy should already know what each of them brings to the party.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)

Probably need 3 or 4 days to do Laurie's hair before the announcement.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Maybe the Brumbies could install both as coaches, similar to what the Roman Republic did with consuls. As long as they are not like Pompey and Caesar, all should be well!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Seems a simple analysis here; one is a proven ex-head coach at the soup level, one is a favorite brumbies son who is looking for a leap from assistant coach into a senior coach role. Motivations and plans from each should already be well known. Probably need to go through due diligence from a legal/contractual perspective?

I think you're lucky to have for this type of choice.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
They should keep Fisher as forwards coach, Larkham as backs coach and install Brumby Jack as head coach in a more managerial style.

That way there is least disruption to what they were doing last year.

Press conferences could be a little silent though.

Michael Smith

Frank Row (1)
First post :)

Seth Going is a Winger from Royals.

Jack Pinchen has been playing fullback for Lismore.

Not sure about Carl Elliot or Dave McKern.

Michael Dowsett from Norths (Syd) was also training today according to the brumbies facebook page.

The forward additions look great. I'm not a big fan of Hawke, Connelly, Johnson but I guess we'll see how they go over the pre-season.

Carl Elliot was in the AUS 20's squad as front runner for hooker but broke his leg in the final camp.
Dave Mckern is a lock from Armidale, playing in the JID. He has also had a bad string of injuries

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I think the choice has been made and both men know and have been told... the club is just finalising the terms of their contract/s... for both men... Its just business process... no big deal....

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I'm a bit nervous, that despite the smiles and the mutual admiration from each.
It did take over a month to sort out the semantics about responsibilities etc.
Hope it works, it's good for everyone having a strong Brumbies setup.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It seems like win-win scenario to me.........

Brumbies' keeping it local*:

The Brumbies are also close to appointing a new assistant coach with former Tuggeranong Vikings coach Dan McKellar firmly in contention.

*Technically, he is a Queenslander.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It seems like win-win scenario to me...

Brumbies' keeping it local*:

*Technically, he is a Queenslander.

I've always been a firm believer of if you move states for more than a couple of years you can be called a local.

There's no passport for moving states and you can get a drivers license that says your a local and know your way around town pretty quickly.

Either way, tell me a bit about Dan McKellar.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What little I know about him (thanks to google):

- Played for Souths in Brisbane, and then coached them 2008 - 2010
- Reds Super Rugby squad 2005/2006
- Playing stints in Ireland and Scotland
- Coached Vikings to back to back premierships in 2011 & 2012, and established their VRugby Academy
- Currently forwards coach at NTT DoCoMo in Japan, and director of Next Gen Rugby Coaching

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Nick Leah is back in the 'Berra to run the Brumbies Academy Program. His return to the fold will be a good thing for the up and comers.

Status
Not open for further replies.