• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Call me sentimental if you like, but I think it would be a sad thing if such a great player lost both of his real names—and all because of Hollywood.

Call me sentimental if you like, but I think it is a sad thing that such a great unpaid intern for G&GR lost both of his real names—and all because they are a US civil war buff. :)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This isn't quite Brumbies related, but I felt it was interesting enough to share here:

ACT firm shows Seattle Seahawks way to Super Bowl glory with its super GPS

A Super Bowl, a rugby league World Cup, an NRL premiership and a Spanish championship - a small Canberra company tucked away in Fyshwick can lay claim to all four titles in the last year as it positions itself as a leader in global positioning system technology.

And its GPS devices are becoming so advanced they can not only monitor real-time speed, distance and heart rates, they can also record big hits, an imbalance in someone's gait and also predict when an athlete is at risk of injury.

GPSports was born in Canberra in 2000 and expanded into the American market 12 months ago. The new Super Bowl champions, the Seattle Seahawks, are the first NFL team the company has worked with. They probably will not be the last.

Two weeks after the Seahawks knocked the San Francisco 49ers out of the play-off race, the 49ers emailed GPSports to ask about its tracking systems.

Super Rugby grand finalists the ACT Brumbies, the Wallabies, Spanish soccer champion Barcelona, NRL club Manly and the AFL's Geelong are other teams using their devices.

The brainchild of former track-and-field-coach Adrian Faccioni and David Cameron, who built GPS devices for the Australian Defence Force, GPSports has 12 employees, including former Brumbies high-performance manager Rod Lindsell, and designs and builds its own devices and then creates the software needed to analyse and display the data.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/act-firm-shows-seattle-seahawks-way-to-super-bowl-glory-with-its-super-gps-20140204-31zmz.html#ixzz2sMUQV5Vi

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
Last hit out for squad before the Reds it will be interesting to see if there are any changes in style from the last two successful seasons, look forward to the match reports BJ

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I hope Haru gets the 12 jersey for round 1.

looking forward to round one, I think you'lll find its McCabe at 12 thou... Solid defence with Pat and To'omua ... reds will have to find another way around... its really the up and coming halves white and To'omua vs the established guys in QC (Quade Cooper) and Genia... Should be good cant wait...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
tumblr_lj8p0xgds41qiguseo1_1280.jpg

shadreck

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yesterday a Foxsports article by Dominic Burke on the Brumbies' chances in 2014 stated that Ita Vaea has been released and is out of the squad.

Is this correct?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yesterday a Foxsports article by Dominic Burke on the Brumbies' chances in 2014 stated that Ita Vaea has been released and is out of the squad.

Is this correct?

I don't know that he's been released so much as just being unavailable for the 2014 season because of his ongoing blood clot issues.

Considering his contract only ran until the end of 2014 he gets replaced in the squad for this season and I guess the Brumbies will decide later in the year if he is healthy again and they want to keep him for 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.