• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

Would like to see Tom Cusack play for the Reds when the Brumbies dont offer him a contract. He is a real talent and should be picked up.

Me too, I'd love to see the bloke in Red. ACL or no ACL.

There is some handy physio's in Brisbane, who would be able to do the job.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Haven't heard much.

I did see him in Auckland on the way back from the final but he hasn't been able to do much training with his complication.

Do we know if he'll make it back?

A mate of mine in high school had the same thing happen, and was only out for 6 months while on the meds?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Larkham to Head Coach. Fisher remains forwards coach. Deans in as assistant.

Plus, Deans worked with Tony Thorpe before, yeah?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Larkham vs Fisher.

Fisher a reknowned forwards coach, Larkham probably spent most of his time so far around the backs.

Who & why?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Neither for me. One is currently a great assistant coach who has failed as a head coach, the other looks to have the potential to be a very good coach but is still green.

If it has to be one, I guess Fisher, the great assistant coach.

My issue with Fisher is that he has been a head coach before and failed fairly badly. I don't know if he has changed. The impression I got was that he realised that he is better as an assistant coach than a head coach, but I could be completely wrong (as I said, that was my impression).

Larkham, well, he needs more time. Looks to have potential, but I don't see him as the head coach type yet, not with his dearth of coaching experience.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If they want to continue down the path that White has already been building it is hard to bring in a new head coach above Fisher and Larkham.

I personally think they have to appoint Larkham and take the punt that he's ready now.

It would be too hard for someone completely new to come into the organisation and then try and build on what White has created whilst not having actually been involved in those last two years.

T

tranquility

Jake has really left you blokes in a hole, at very short notice to. I would be very disappointed. He certainly has some explaining to do.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Bloody hell, can people stop being so dramatic about the departure of a Coach, early or otherwise, and get over the hate.

The Ponies would be in just as much "trouble" if he was diagnosed with cancer, hit by an ACTON bus on the way to work, bitten by a brown snake etc.

They aren't in trouble, and have plenty of time to choose their new coach wisely. Appoint one of the two assistants as the acting/interim head coach and get on with the job of preparing to challenge the Tahs for the top position on the Aust conference table.

The good ship HMAS Brumby seems to be in reasonable shape at the moment. Leaks have been plugged and she is ready for battle again after a major refit. Time to find a new skipper before going back to war next year. It has been done before and will happen again.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
You'd think Larkham was being groomed as successor, especially given he was head coach of the 7s comp while Fisher was assistant.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Todd Louden. It's criminal an Oz team hasn't given this bloke a coaching contract. If Todd wants to stay up at Port Stephens, how 'bout bringing a 'berra boy home in Damien Hill. He was starting to do some good things at the Rebels this year.

Fisher's found his niche running the forwards. Larkham needs another couple of years as 2IC.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Neither for me. One is currently a great assistant coach who has failed as a head coach, the other looks to have the potential to be a very good coach but is still green.

If it has to be one, I guess Fisher, the great assistant coach.

My issue with Fisher is that he has been a head coach before and failed fairly badly. I don't know if he has changed. The impression I got was that he realised that he is better as an assistant coach than a head coach, but I could be completely wrong (as I said, that was my impression).

Larkham, well, he needs more time. Looks to have potential, but I don't see him as the head coach type yet, not with his dearth of coaching experience.

Did Laurie really fail badly? Three years out of four he led the Brumbies to either the finals or to more wins than teams that made the finals. That could be seen as a failure by some, but on the whole was at least as good or better than any of the other Aus Super coaches at the time.

On that point, I have a pet hate for losing bonus points. Why should any team be rewarded for losing a game, no matter by how many points. The four try bonus point is really all that is needed to encourage open and attacking play. Losing by less than 8 can also lead to less attacking play as it encourages the losing teams to kick for goal later in the game when a more attacking option might be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.