• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2021

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
I’d be surprised if the Brums would keep 4 quality wingers. While depth and competition is important it’s hard to balance 4. It also requires decent salary cap to be spent on a 4th choice player.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Did wonder whether Kuenzle maybe better going to the Force as reckon super rugby ready but may sit behind Noah I feel. And doubt Lance will be around next season for the Force.

I think you will see Lance next year. I actually think its a wise move to stay on. One more year in the Brumbies system provides security and time to develop without the pressure even if he is not a starter. it will him up well for the following year. By that stage the I think teams will be chasing him.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Only worry for the Brums is the 1yr deals that seem to be happening. Hanson is going to be a very good fullback, there will be massive interest in him and if he isn’t playing regularly in 12months he will look to move. Kuenzle I wouldn’t be too worried about, don’t think there would be too much demand in the market for him if he wants to continue to play 10. Might be another Hamish Stewart and look to move to 12.

The 1yr deals are probably a victim of the clubs success with the established players owning certain spots in the XV.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Only worry for the Brums is the 1yr deals that seem to be happening. Hanson is going to be a very good fullback, there will be massive interest in him and if he isn’t playing regularly in 12months he will look to move. Kuenzle I wouldn’t be too worried about, don’t think there would be too much demand in the market for him if he wants to continue to play 10. Might be another Hamish Stewart and look to move to 12.

The 1yr deals are probably a victim of the clubs success with the established players owning certain spots in the XV.

Fixed: The 1yr deals are probably a victim logical outcome of the clubs success with the established players owning certain spots in the XV. being uncertain about the future, their financial positions and what they can offer players.

I would assume the Brumbies, like all clubs. will have positioned themselves to negotiate (or renegotiate) in good faith based on known factors. With the uncertainty going forward, it is prudent for all parties to avoid both over committing financially, or taking or making poor deals based on an uncertain future.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The 1 year deals are smart for both parties, given things should be in a much better state in a years time. It does leave the Brumbies a little exposed though, as it might increase the percentage of the roster going off contract and looking at a raise at the end of next season.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The 1 year deals are smart for both parties, given things should be in a much better state in a years time. It does leave the Brumbies a little exposed though, as it might increase the percentage of the roster going off contract and looking at a raise at the end of next season.
I get what your saying. Without knowing the intricacies of how they are doing it they may have formal agreements / mechanisms to have exclusive first access to negotiate next year. It's not unheard of and would be mutually beneficial in such uncertain times. From the Brumbies prospective, it's also a gamble to know if they are needed / wanted next year. Signing them locks up the roster.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Not all as it first seems to be apparently. Some not so happy members as its appears they have stiffed half of the membership unfortunately. o_O
While I’d be disappointed to miss out, I’ve well and truly gotten my money’s worth membership wise. Three full adult memberships were used for all home games pre Covid, and all Brumbies SRAU games as well. My daughter who had a 4 game membership has also been to all of those games. The good intent is there, even if the there’s holes in the details.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
While I’d be disappointed to miss out, I’ve well and truly gotten my money’s worth membership wise. Three full adult memberships were used for all home games pre Covid, and all Brumbies SRAU games as well. My daughter who had a 4 game membership has also been to all of those games. The good intent is there, even if the there’s holes in the details.

The COVID situation and Government restrictions have made it complex and most people appear to be understanding of that. It appears you have been one of the luckier one in relation to tickets during the season as many missed out on getting ticket to game during SRAU. We got only got to go to one SRAU game due to the way they did the ticketing.

I think the key question most are asking is a logical one. If you have 6000 ticket and about that many (or less) members, how is it that many members will miss out on getting tickets? Some members are yet to be even given the opportunity to get tickets. It appears inviting some select members to get up to 4 free tickets in addition to their own in advance of the other members getting the opportunity to buy tickets is what has upset many. So essentially, the first 1000 privileged members could exhaust most of the allocation mainly for non-members.