• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2022

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
What dopes let this bloke go?
Muirhead, Wright and Clark better than him?
Don’t think so!

He wanted to go…he was not on the fast track to wallabies…maybe we all missed the potential but brumbies can claim helping his development…good on him for taking his opportunities as proved was the right move for him

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
He wanted to go…he was not on the fast track to wallabies…maybe we all missed the potential but brumbies can claim helping his development…good on him for taking his opportunities as proved was the right move for him
All true l, but my point was how he wasn’t ahead of Muirhead and Wright? The times I saw him come into the side you could tell he was very good. I couldn’t believe how he wasn’t a regular starter.. anyway as you say he has shown he is no slouch and obviously in a better position than warming the Brumbies bench.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
All true l, but my point was how he wasn’t ahead of Muirhead and Wright? The times I saw him come into the side you could tell he was very good. I couldn’t believe how he wasn’t a regular starter.. anyway as you say he has shown he is no slouch and obviously in a better position than warming the Brumbies bench.
You could see he was good but didn’t see that good. Maybe not given enough opportunities but hard I guess given quality of brumbies wingers. Muirhead and wright both been in wallaby squad so hardly slouches. Anyhow time to move on. I think cfs could be good older hand to have on board as always rated him but injuries hammered the cause. Clarke not sure about and prepared to see if brumbies can allow him to take game to another level the tahs could not. Interested to know if any wingers in development squad that have raw promise…As investments for future years

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
You could see he was good but didn’t see that good. Maybe not given enough opportunities but hard I guess given quality of brumbies wingers. Muirhead and wright both been in wallaby squad so hardly slouches. Anyhow time to move on. I think cfs could be good older hand to have on board as always rated him but injuries hammered the cause. Clarke not sure about and prepared to see if brumbies can allow him to take game to another level the tahs could not. Interested to know if any wingers in development squad that have raw promise…As investments for future years

Hmm. Corey Toole? Ring a bell?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hmm. Corey Toole? Ring a bell?
Yep forget that one (what a talent) and just reminded me again how healthy pathways / bringing through players are for brumbies…

Out of all the oz super rugby sides brumbies most in awe of for player development, recruitment etc…

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
He offered himself to all the other franchises in Oz, and all said no. So we all fucked up.

EDIT: Obviously the Tah's fault.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I’m just going to put it up that I did say I thought he was that good and I did post at least a couple of times I thought he was better than Banks.

But - even a stopped clock ……..
They toted him as a 5/8 in Bernies mode when he first joined the Brumbies...

Don't know what you got till its gone

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Far as im concerned it just shows we still produce a load of class fucking players. Just gotta put it together properly.

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
The bits i have seen have shown him draw and pass and catch uncontested kickoffs.
He's reasonably fast, has decent feet, but he's not that solid, still pretty thin, so he may struggle once they work him out.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Again, Brumbies management rated Muirhead, Wright and Clark ahead of him. That is all.
If that's how they made their choice then it was a mistake. Not in rating wingers ahead of him, but in not looking at him as one of their backup 10s. They had 3 options at 10 behind Lolesio last year - Hansen, Pasitoa and Kuenzle, all of whom were off contract. They really should've had one locked in before any of then signed elsewhere.

That said it's not a huge failure in the grand scheme of things. It was always going to be tough to hang onto young backup 10s when their young starting 10 was playing for the wallabies and their relatively young 12 was capped the year before. It does stand as the one real weakness in the depth of the Brumbies squad though.