• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2022

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Hudson Creighton signing on a 2 year deal officially announced

Good luck to him a handy young player, would have been a 50/50 call with Isaac Henry for the last spot in the Reds squad.
His brother Lawson is signed to the Reds for 2022 so we might get to see them playing against each other.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Great pick-up, hopefully he can keep is body right. I was very surprised the tahs didn't snap him up as soon it was clear he was leaving the Reds.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
CFS is actually a great signing. He can fill in the 13 channel and we can ditch one of our shite wingers for Perese.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Surprised where he would fit, but we did lose alot of our depth to the west, great pickup in my book. Maybe we play him at inside centre in as a Samu/Lenny model..
Interesting thought Tom. I've been thinking maybe Solomone Kata in that role. I reckon he'd be about the closest anyone could come to Kerevi. In that case, I'd move Simone to 10 for his game management and creative play and have Noah learning his trade off the bench.

A side like below would give all the Aussie sides a headache and probably surprise two or three of the NZ sides:

Slipper, Fainga'a, Ala'alatoa
Swain, Neville
Samu, Valetini, Brown

White, Simone
Wright, Kata, Ikitau, Muirhead
Banks

Reserves : McInerney, Sio, Ross, Frost, Hooper, Lonergan, Lolesio, Mogg

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Interesting thought Tom. I've been thinking maybe Solomone Kata in that role. I reckon he'd be about the closest anyone could come to Kerevi. In that case, I'd move Simone to 10 for his game management and creative play and have Noah learning his trade off the bench.

A side like below would give all the Aussie sides a headache and probably surprise two or three of the NZ sides:

Slipper, Fainga'a, Ala'alatoa
Swain, Neville
Samu, Valetini, Brown

White, Simone
Wright, Kata, Ikitau, Muirhead
Banks

Reserves : McInerney, Sio, Ross, Frost, Hooper, Lonergan, Lolesio, Mogg

To be fair I wouldnt be dropping Lolesio from starting Wallaby 10 to behind Simone on the bench, his better then that, I think Simone maybe the one left on the bench.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
To be fair I wouldnt be dropping Lolesio from starting Wallaby 10 to behind Simone on the bench, his better then that, I think Simone maybe the one left on the bench.
Absolutely, Noah proved he is a solid super XV 10 already.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Can live with Noah at 10, but think that Irae gives us more of the QC (Quade Cooper) style of play at 10 to go with the hard running 12. Simone's better passing game would unlock attacking opportunities moreso than Noah atm imo.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Can live with Noah at 10, but think that Irae gives us more of the QC (Quade Cooper) style of play at 10 to go with the hard running 12. Simone's better passing game would unlock attacking opportunities moreso than Noah atm imo.

What gives you that impression BR? I always thought Simone has a decent passing game but never really seemed to be on the level of a primary distributor in the backline. Same goes for his kicking game.
I'd also worry about his leadership and game management.

What have you seen that I havent?

Last edited:

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
It's slightly outrageous that you guys even have luxury of considering Lolesio, Hogg or CFS playing off the bench.

At the 'tahs, we have to toss up whether our best starting outside back is Ramm, Newsome or Donaldson.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What gives you that impression BR? I always thought Simone has a decent passing game but never really seemed to be on the level of a primary distributor in the backline. Same goes for his kicking game.
I'd also worry about his leadership and game management.

What have you seen that I havent?
Put simply Seb, I reckon Simone has the best and most accurate cross field kick pass after Quade, and his long cutout passes always seem to hit the target on the chest and are rarely if ever intercepted. Both those features are also elements of his field vision which I believe exceeds Noah's at the present time. Noah could well develop into the better No 10 but I think that is a couple of years away.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Not sure why you’d change your 10/12 combo. Especially for players like CFS or Kata who, to my knowledge, have never played 12. I don’t see a lot of resemblance in either of them to Kerevi other than they are relatively big blokes.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I also worry about Noah's on field vision. I feel he is a young skillful player who has greatly benefited from being in teams that are already well structured, so he hasn't had to greatly execute leadership by telling players to get in position or setting-up plays etc.
He has a nice running game but his passing game isn't spectacular. I somewhat compare him to Foley (but Noah has a better kicking game already). So I'm not sure about his long-term prospects. I actually think he would be suited to 12 but these days the small second playmaker just doesn't work as well.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he falls further and further down the pecking order.