• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2022

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
For mine, Lolo has always looked like a ball playing 12 (that can step in at 10) as opposed to an out and out flyhalf. I recall he was absolutely deadly running off Harrison in u20's.

Not saying he can't be a quality 10 in future, but I was always surprised that the Brumbies saw him as their long term option there.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
I have feeling that whilst Lolesio is a very good young 10/12 I don't think he'll transition into a great international. He's pretty good at all the core skills but I can't see him improving to the point where he'll be our best option. IMO he'll get overtaken by both Carter Gordon (Who looks like he could be world class) next year with Harrison's precision passing and kicking also nudging him past NL. Really great to have all these fine young 10's coming through now.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I love these debates and the critiquing of #10's and future talent in general. There are pages and pages of how QC (Quade Cooper) was a god then fell from the clouds to be a dud, wash up and is our current #10, Foley was a dud despite a Super Rugby title and success with the Wallabies, Mack Mason was the next anointed based on his Jnr Wallabies career, Deegan was a bolter, all money should be on JOC (James O'Connor) as our current Wallabies #10.......

One thing is do know that Noah has already had success at #10 for the Wallabies with less time, experience background than nearly everyone he is being compared to. It also interesting that with all all this alleged prospective talent Rennie had not made a move towards it, nor the even tested it. Only time will tell what happens with Noah but he is obviously showing enough and those that are aware of Rory Arnolds rugby career know how quickly talent can be moulded.

As for the comparison, there are really few variations between #10's and that's usually more about the game plan and player around them than anything else. QC (Quade Cooper)'s provides a good example. With a good game controlling #9 like a Genia he thrives. A chaotic and creative #9 like Frisbee and it just doesn't gel. But taking that to a singular level; QC (Quade Cooper) can be everything you want and need, and everything you don't and don't need.

IMHO is not about "xxxxx" is a god like #10. It about a #10 that works and gets a team going. Do the have to be the best standalone #10? No. Even the best #10 with a dud team won't succeed. Again as another example: QC (Quade Cooper) and Genia at the Rebels - even they couldn't get that team to succeed.

But, stopping Aussie rugby supporters from negatively critiquing players; it is the norm so carry on.

Last edited:
Reactions: dru

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Solomone Kata granted an early release to be with family in NZ.

Another back down.
Wonder if he will sign with Moana Pasifika , he would be a good get for them which country would he be eligible for ? Bit of a lose for the Brumbies, but we do have Wright Murihead CFS and at a pinch Mogg who can all play wing.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hope he goes to Pasifika. Perfect. Not capped yet but Tongan eligible. Exactly what they're meant to be shopping for.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Wonder if he will sign with Moana Pasifika , he would be a good get for them which country would he be eligible for ? Bit of a lose for the Brumbies, but we do have Wright Murihead CFS and at a pinch Mogg who can all play wing.
Sorry, but Mogg on the wing. Hilarious!

2022 Brumbies = #Dadsarmy

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
the Brumbies first choice backline remains very strong - something like:

9 White
10 Loloesio
11 Muirhead
12 Simone
13 Ikitau
14 Wright
15 Banks

All capped Wallabies this year except Muirhead, who has been in the squad all season.

But any injuries and the look of the side changes dramatically.

White at least covered by Lonergan.

CFS a fine cover for centre and wing, assuming he isn't injured.

But if they are relying on Ione, Clark, Creighton and Mogg for any substantial part of the season then it's a bit of a worry.