• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2022

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
It would be a mistake if Brumbies make Larkham HC in 2023. Yet to prove himself as a coach at all, would be a massive step down.

Clawhammer

Herbert Moran (7)
It would be a mistake if Brumbies make Larkham HC in 2023. Yet to prove himself as a coach at all, would be a massive step down.
It's not like he failed completely during his last stint here. From memory the Brumbies finished first in the Australian conference in 2 of his 3 years.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

I think it is always going to be step down from McKellar. I'm okay with Larkham as head coach, I don't think there are many options going around.

He did okay for a new HC his last stint. Ironically, it was just the one-dimensional boring attack play that let him down. Hopefully, he has learned a thing or two in Munster, and learned "what not to do" under Cheika and he has improved as a coach.

Personally, I'd probably prefer Hewat as I like what he did as attack coach, but he is also yet to be proven as a head coach. So I think we're gunna have to gamble with whoever gets the gig.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think it is always going to be step down from McKellar. I'm okay with Larkham as head coach, I don't think there are many options going around.

He did okay for a new HC his last stint. Ironically, it was just the one-dimensional boring attack play that let him down. Hopefully, he has learned a thing or two in Munster, and learned "what not to do" under Cheika and he has improved as a coach.

Personally, I'd probably prefer Hewat as I like what he did as attack coach, but he is also yet to be proven as a head coach. So I think we're gunna have to gamble with whoever gets the gig.

that was my memory of him as HC, they played pretty well but it was a surprisingly boring and one dimensional game plan for a coach widely consider one of Australians best attacking playmakers

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Valentine still to face judiciary, 6 week banned likely reduced to 3, so will be back for Rd 4

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Larkham confirmed as head coach for 2023 and 2024
Sounds like they did a Reds 'extensive search of the car park' for the new coach - find it hard to believe that Larkham was the 'most outstanding candidate'. If his name wasn't Larkham would his coaching record alone make him an outstanding candidate?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Sounds like they did a Reds 'extensive search of the car park' for the new coach - find it hard to believe that Larkham was the 'most outstanding candidate'. If his name wasn't Larkham would his coaching record alone make him an outstanding candidate?
If you look at the other candidates listed, he does have the most experience, but I thought we had moved on for now. He has had a lot of time out of Brumby land gaining more experience, lets see how he goes. Not an inspiring choice but its been made so I'll get behind him.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
If you look at the other candidates listed, he does have the most experience, but I thought we had moved on for now. He has had a lot of time out of Brumby land gaining more experience, lets see how he goes. Not an inspiring choice but its been made so I'll get behind him.
I don’t think he was worse coach when last had the gig and now got couple of years European experience. Interested to see how he goes with little more experience behind him in different environment.