• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2022

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Interesting that Bernie gets referred to as one dimensional when it comes to attack and yet FF (Folau Fainga'a) has regularly been the leading try scorer under McKellar. It’s not like the Brumbies’ attack got a lot more adventurous once Dan took over.
More playing to your strengths maybe?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Interesting that Bernie gets referred to as one dimensional when it comes to attack and yet FF (Folau Fainga'a) has regularly been the leading try scorer under McKellar. It’s not like the Brumbies’ attack got a lot more adventurous once Dan took over.
Laurie Fischer holding them all together

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
To my eyes the Brumbies have played a more balanced game under McKellar than they did under the Larkham. Still strong in the forwards but much more willing to give the backs a go.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Nah, if you watched the Brumbies attack when Peter Hewat was on board in 2019-2020 there was clearly a significant improvement... that win against the Chiefs in NZ was a thing of beauty.

And Tom Wright was actually the Brumbies' equal top try scorer with FF (Folau Fainga'a) last year...

Alex Mafi was this year's top try scorer in Super Rugby Au.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If the inference is to style of play, I did a comparison through the 2021 season, and despite more tries Mafi had still scored less the Fainga'a from the rolling maul..

Last edited:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
If the inference is to style of play, I did a comparison through the 2021 season, and despite more tries Mafi had still scored less the Fainga'a from the rolling maul..
Yeah because the Red's maul wasn't as good as the Brumbies... I don't really see the point of this conversation..

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Coaches develop and learn. He hasn't been a head coach for five years but has experienced much more at international level and also a different environment in Europe. Look at Eddie Jones would anyone think he would have been in the frame for a T1 nation after his season in 2007 with the Reds?

I'd love for RA to setup a coaching exchange program with teams in different competitions so more young coaches can experience different environments (outside of the Japanese one).

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Coaches develop and learn. He hasn't been a head coach for five years but has experienced much more at international level and also a different environment in Europe. Look at Eddie Jones would anyone think he would have been in the frame for a T1 nation after his season in 2007 with the Reds?

I'd love for RA to setup a coaching exchange program with teams in different competitions so more young coaches can experience different environments (outside of the Japanese one).
I’m basing my comments off what Munster fans have said, not his performance at the Brumbies.

The general consensus is they’re sad to see him go but he never had an impact. Sounds familiar.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

The two don't correlate. They still score maul tries, but their attack has improved significantly. Especially Larkham's last year, man that was boring to watch.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I’m basing my comments off what Munster fans have said, not his performance at the Brumbies.

The general consensus is they’re sad to see him go but he never had an impact. Sounds familiar.

What's Munsters attack been like since he's been there? Any improvement?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Valentine still to face judiciary, 6 week banned likely reduced to 3, so will be back for Rd 4
Valetini got 6 weeks down to 3 and reduced to 2 if he does the tackling technique course so will miss the two trials and 0 Super Rugby games.
One bloke on the panel wanted it to start at 10 weeks but was in the minority.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Good to see all the Brumbies wallaby’s contingent will be playing in the trial and Brumbies development team match;

“The No.8 will miss the Brumbies’ Super Rugby Pacific trial matches against the NSW Waratahs on January 29 and the Brumbies’ development team the following week”

One bloke on the panel wanted it to start at 10 weeks but was in the minority.
How’s big is the panel?

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Brumbies "Elite Development Squad" has been announced.

Remsy Lemisio (prop)
Zane Marolt (lock)
Pat Maka (No 8)
Corey Toole (outside back)
Will Sankey (lock)
Declan Meredith (fullback)
Jacob Church (centre)
Siave Seti (wing)
Marias Jensen (outside back)
Charlie Cale (backrow)
Harry Vella (LHP)
Titi Nofoagatatoa (backrow)