• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2024

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Any word on injuries? Feel like last year the brums did a good weekly update with the team doctor.

Schoupp didn’t look great but Vella doing a good job of stepping in. Longegan’s tonight looked rough being stretchered off.

Keen to see Jack Deb back getting some game time ahead of finals. Hopefully Ikatau back for Waratahs week.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Where has Cale come from? Feels like completely out of nowhere. Was he playing this well last year? I see that he played 4 games, starting 3 times and all were losses. Maybe why I didn't notice him.

What a weapon. Keen to see him tested at a higher level, Brumbies have not felt Samu's absence at all.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Where has Cale come from? Feels like completely out of nowhere. Was he playing this well last year? I see that he played 4 games, starting 3 times and all were losses. Maybe why I didn't notice him.

What a weapon. Keen to see him tested at a higher level, Brumbies have not felt Samu's absence at all.

He's been with the Brumbies for a few years now, moved to Canberra in 2021 and was part of the EDS before being promoted last year.

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Certainly looks to have modelled his game on Samu, even plays in the same 5m channel out wide

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He could really help out the Wallabies lineout if we persist with Skelton. Hope he gets a bench spot or two.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

He could really help out the Wallabies lineout if we persist with Skelton. Hope he gets a bench spot or two.
Charlie was the Player of the Year in the local JID comp in 2022. You might keep an eye on Declan Meredith too. He was POTY in the JID comp last year.

While I've not been calling for his elevation to the Wallabies just yet, on his outstanding form this year I reckon he has to get some time at least against Georgia just for the experience.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
While I've not been calling for his elevation to the Wallabies just yet, on his outstanding form this year I reckon he has to get some time at least against Georgia just for the experience.
Hes been great, but would like to see him bulk up a bit before he sees any international minutes.

Gainline is so so important at international level, and I haven't yet been blown away by his tight carrying.

Still a year or two away for mine.

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hes been great, but would like to see him bulk up a bit before he sees any international minutes.

Gainline is so so important at international level, and I haven't yet been blown away by his tight carrying.

Agree with this. I think with McReight at 7, and Frost likely at 4, more girth is required at 6/8 or we'll get scrummed / mauled to death.

Balance works well for Brums with Hooper at 7, Cale at 8.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

His tight carrying is probably equal with Wilson IMO. Wilsons ball handling is exceptional and combo with McReight is great.

I do get the point especially with McReight likely to be the Wallabies 7 even though I think he more than handles himself in the contact area.

Cale with another 5kg on his frame will be problem for defences. He looks like an exceptional athlete so it won't slow him down to the point he loses it.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Charlie was the Player of the Year in the local JID comp in 2022. You might keep an eye on Declan Meredith too. He was POTY in the JID comp last year.

Happy to see him in the squad but I don't think we are in a position to treat any game as a development opportunity.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Good to see limited number of Brumbies in JID. Round 1 Vella v Schoupp for Gungahlin v Royals. Also Shaw & Anderson.

Picked for this week's Bye round in JID - Anderson, Meredith, Shaw & Thorn.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Good to see limited number of Brumbies in JID. Round 1 Vella v Schoupp for Gungahlin v Royals. Also Shaw & Anderson.

Picked for this week's Bye round in JID - Anderson, Meredith, Shaw & Thorn.
Good to see schoupp back. Helps with prop depth.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
From the crimes today.

“Larkham was excited to welcome vice-captain Andy Muirhead back to the training paddock on Tuesday following his knee injury and broken nose in the Brumbies' round four win over the Highlanders that also saw Len Ikitau pick up ligament damage to his knee.
The coach said centre Ikitau is still a few weeks away from returning, as is key prop and skipper Allan Ala'alatoa (Achilles injury), but there were positive signs for outside-back Ben O'Donnell (ACL tear), "re-integrating into training" in recent weeks.”