• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Player Ratings (v Bulls)

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Brumbies deserved to get their asses kicked for this big time. Crap second half performance. A lack of concentration, too much ball watching and lack of communication when it mattered. The Brumbies deserved at least a bonus point from. The stars and the leaders and stars went missing when it was most needed. You get the feeling the brumbies played the bottom team in round 1, then the top team in round 2. And it showed.

1. Ben Alexander 6
Good around ground but terrible at scrum time

2. Stephen Moore 6.6
why was subbed? Looked good and should have stayed on longer.

3. Salesi Ma’afu 6.6
did what he did well but nothing more

4. Justin Harrison 6.6
line-out fell apart when he was subbed.

5. Mark Chisholm 7
Worked hard. Made some good tackles.

6. Rocky Elsom 9
My best for the Brumbies. Lead by example and had an impact.

7. George Smith 4.7
George, If your going to retire do it. don't waste our time like this.

8. Stephen Hoiles 6.8
Good on the cover and making it to the breakdown quickly

9. Josh Valentine 5.6
Bad decisions cost us big time. Why would you try and run it out of the twenty two that ealry on?
cost us a try.

10. Matt Giteau 6.7
Solid at the start but, like when playing for Australia, went it got tough and we needed something he did nothing.

11. Francis Fainifo 6.2
Wasn't used. Would really love see him up his workrate with harder chasing and coming over his wing more. wasted.

12. Christian Lealiifano 7
Nice touches. Giteau really needs to work harder to make a connection and use him. He has the flair that can win matches.

13. Stirling Mortlock 5
Did very little if anything.

14. Pat McCabe
Deserved a try. What he did, he did very well. I'm very excited by him still.

15. Adam Ashley-Cooper
Good in the air but dropped a few when really should have held his composure

Reserves
16. Huia Edmonds 6.4
Nice touches but needs to be better at lineout time.

17. Guy Shepherdson
Lack of discipline didn't help what was a pretty awful bench performance. 4

18. Ben Hand 6

19. Mitchell Chapman 6

20. Patrick Phibbs 6

21. Matt To'omua 6

22. Tyrone Smith 6

Ref
Missed mistakes all overplace and made them. Had too much impact on the game. worst of the year but the brumbies shouldn't hang anytyhing on that.

C

chief

Toomoua added real substance to the team when he came on. Personally I think the combo of Lealiifano and Toomoua would work better than Giteau, as I'm starting to think Giteau is becoming the one in 10 wonder. However not happening, they won't replace him though. So pissed I took Elsom out of my fantasy rugby team because I thought he was out injured, fuckkkk

R

rugbywhisperer

I am really starting to have thoughts regarding Giteau's commitment and substance.
Again he is showing he thinks he is better than what he actually does - starting to become a liability for both s14 and national level.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
chief said:
Toomoua added real substance to the team when he came on. Personally I think the combo of Lealiifano and Toomoua would work better than Giteau, as I'm starting to think Giteau is becoming the one in 10 wonder.

i was thinking this but didnt say it. Keep in mind he is only one game back. At times it looked as if he came back a week to early

Noddy said:
how did the scrum fare?

Was a bit of lottery. The reffing on this side of the game is becoming very inconsistence

S

Spook

I thought Gits was pretty good. Top drop goal as well. The bulls power game and altitude killed off the Brumby forwards with 25 to go. Nothing to do with Gits. In fact some of the passages of play from the Brumbies in attack were the best I've seen since Larkham and GG were at their prime. Brumbies needed to have a good lead going in at 1/2 time but thanks to Lawrence and the Parasites it didn't happen.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
I was watching some highlights on FSN this morning and couldn't believe it when the referee provided the perfect shepherd for the Bulls to score by blocking Alexander from sliding across in cover.

S

Spook

They also got a knocked on during a try and got an easy run away from a ball tapped down in the lineout. The Bulls definitely deserved the win but was annoying not to get a single point out of it.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
A couple of comments
Alexander got rogered in the scrum and still gets a 6? Scruming is his job.
Smith gets a 4.7 opensides are affected the most by the law corrections and I think he is adapting well to them. Of course you won't notice him as much but that is because he has less opportunities.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Sully said:
A couple of comments
Alexander got rogered in the scrum and still gets a 6? Scruming is his job.
Smith gets a 4.7 opensides are affected the most by the law corrections and I think he is adapting well to them. Of course you won't notice him as much but that is because he has less opportuneties.

Alexander made up for it for his work around the ground. he was very strong in contact and made some importent tackles. 6 isn't that great a rating.

Smiths head or body isn't there at the moment. He doesn't look fully fit and his workrate is sloppy. he needs to work harder a making it to the breakdown. You create opportuneties. Look at briad on friday. had an amazing game for the reds.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
You can't make up for scrumaging around the field! That's what back rowers are for.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
chief said:
Toomoua added real substance to the team when he came on. Personally I think the combo of Lealiifano and Toomoua would work better than Giteau, as I'm starting to think Giteau is becoming the one in 10 wonder. However not happening, they won't replace him though. So pissed I took Elsom out of my fantasy rugby team because I thought he was out injured, fuckkkk

I said the same thing in the 3-2-1's

The backline looked... organised with To'omua out there. I have really high hopes for this kid (preferably at the rebels).

C

chief

Also to add it was a very big disappointment that the try was allowed which Lawrence basically gifted him, was a turning point in the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.