• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Player Ratings (v Force)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Every bit as good as Joe Roff? No way has Shepherd played enough to prove that. Roff's lines and positioning were unbelievable for a guy that was otherwise not the fastest or most skilled around.

Harrison? As WJ said, all he did is talk and sledge all night. Wasn't impressed, and I think the Brumbies could maybe do better starting with Hand or developing Timani.

S

Spook

fatprop said:
NTA said:
So to important matters: what happened at scrum time?

I would expect Alexander might have a good contest with Dunning, but Henderson for the Force starting at loosehead shows how big an idiot John Mitchell is, when Fairbrother is on the bench.

Both tightheads in the first half, Shep & Dunning both got done for collapsing; 2 each I think. Force got a good tight head.

Second half was more stable and even with Fairbother & Ma'fu

Haven't seen first half yet but u r very wrong about the second half. Force had no clean scrums in the second half. Brumbies were rock solid on their own ball. Alexander dicked Fairbrother and Brumbies scrum was dominant.

S

Spook

Scarfman said:
Huge Googie fan. More NSWRU stupidity to not get him back.

Also huge Shep fan. But that - surely - marks the end of his Wallaby career. Tragic for a guy who is every bit as good as Joe Roff when fit.

Sorry scarf, he has never played as well as Roff at any level.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Spook said:
fatprop said:
NTA said:

I would expect Alexander might have a good contest with Dunning, but Henderson for the Force starting at loosehead shows how big an idiot John Mitchell is, when Fairbrother is on the bench.

Both tightheads in the first half, Shep & Dunning both got done for collapsing; 2 each I think. Force got a good tight head.

Haven't seen first half yet but u r very wrong about the second half. Force had no clean scrums in the second half. Brumbies were rock solid on their own ball. Alexander dicked Fairbrother and Brumbies scrum was dominant.

We must have been watch different games

S

Spook

fatprop said:
Spook said:
fatprop said:
NTA said:

We must have been watch different games

I can list each scrum if you like and the outcome. Just watched first half. Force never had clean ball from any of their scrums although they did drive through Sheperdson on one occasion when he relaxed - ball was at the feet of hoiles, valentine dithered and the second push came on. Alexander got the better of Dunning and then Fairbrother.

Dunning is an average prop at best. You could throw the same rug over him, Sheperdson and Baxter. All failed at international level.

Status
Not open for further replies.