• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Player Ratings (v Lions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
A win is a win.

Adam Ashley-Cooper;
Dropped to much ball, wasn't decisive enough with ball in hand. Overall lacked spark. Needs to lead more from the back. 5.4

Pat McCabe
had some very class moments. Unlucky not to score. A big problem with the brumbies at the moments is their lack off bring wingers into the game. They need to invole them more. 6.8

Stirling Mortlock,
Useless. Didn't do anything. T.Smith would be a far better. I know he's a legend but he shouldn't be given a spot on that alone. 1

Christian Lealiifano,
Made to good break, scored a break and added some spark to the backline 7.5

Francis Fainifo;
Good when used but needs to be used more. 6

Matt Giteau,
terrible. didn't pass, throw, run, kick or doing anything well and too the standard he needs too. 1

Josh Valentine;
Is becoming too selfish. Needs to work hard around the park. He's too slow at getting to the breakdown. His mistakes cost us a BP. 3

Stephen Hoiles
Played a good role the Lealiifano try other then that nothing to comment on. 6.5

George Smith
Some awesome work at the breakdown. 7.5

Rocky Elsom;
Workman like. 6.5

Mark Chisholm,
Made some good tackles and worked hard. 7

Ben Hand;
Good around ground and a rucktime. Some good tackles. 6.6

Salesi Maafu,
Other then scrum time didn't do to much. 6

Stephen Moore,
lacking form at the moment. can do better. 5.8

Ben Alexander.
Same with more. Needs to regain his lost form. i really think he should be playing at 3.

C

chief

Can someone do me a favour and rob Matt Giteau's bank account of half of the money in it. He's playing like he deserved to be on minimum wage.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
speaking of Matt Giteau,

Deans, Friend and Mitchell always played him at 10. I found this really weird that none of them have moved him 12. Has there ever been a clear reason for this?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
louie said:
Deans, Friend and Mitchell always played him at 10. I found this really weird that none of them have moved him 12. Has there ever been a clear reason for this?

Friend doesn't move Gitts because he would have to move C.LeLeifano (spelling is poor). Why would you move the most consistent man in the team?
To bench him would mean starting To'omua. Gitts is not only Australian rugby's golden child but a Canberrian and, as such, starting over a developing 5/8 makes perfect sense.

Deans doesn't move him because when at 10 Barnes forgets game plans and kicks the ball away at any chance (this is why he is playing 12 for the Tahs). Quade is too much of a loose cannon to start at 10 and Gitts and Barnes are both individually too good to be left out.

Mitchell had a Gitts centric game and as such Gitts thrived. There was never an issue with Gitts for the Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.