• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Chiefs - R6 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There's actually a Brumbies event ON the field this weekend, 1st vs 3rd on the ladder and deserves a big crowd.

BRUMBIES:
1 Scott Sio
2 Stephen Moore
3 Ben Alexander
4 Rory Arnold
5 Sam Carter
6 Scott Fardy
7 David Pocock
8 Ita Vaea
9 Tomas Cubelli
10 Christian Lealiifano
11 Robbie Coleman
12 Matt To'omua
13 Tevita Kuridrani
14 Joe Tomane
15 Aidan Toua

16 Josh Mann-Rea
17 Allan Ala'alatoa
18 Leslie Leulua'iali'i-Makin
19 Tom Staniforth
20 Jordan Smiler
21 Joe Powell
22 James Dargaville
23 Nigel Ah-Wong

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I believe Angus Gardner has a penchant for the colour yellow. They'd better be on the best behaviour.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
This game is so important for Aussie rugby. The Ponies must to prove that the best Aussie side can beat a top NZ side. All the hopes are in Brumbies this year

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Chiefs

1. Mitchell Graham
2. Hika Elliot
3. Siate Tokolahi
4. Michael Allardice
5. Taleni Seu
6. Tom Sanders
7. Sam Cane
8. Michael Leitch
9. Brad Weber
10. Aaron Cruden
11. James Lowe
12. Charlie Ngatai
13. Anton Lienert-Brown
14. Toni Pulu
15. Damian McKenzie

RESERVES:
16. Rhys Marshall
17. Atu Moli
18. Siegfried Fisi’ihoi
19. James Tucker
20. Maama Vaipulu
21. Kayne Hammington
22. Seta Tamanivalu
23. Shaun Stevenson

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Really like the look of the Brumbies bench with Makin and Powell.............

Brumbies have a good record against the Chiefs at home in recent years, but the Brumbies have gone into a lull while the Chiefs are in shit hot form.........

The Brumbies will need to win this one in the forwards and prevent the Chiefs' backline from running wild.*

*I made a similar prediction for the Canes match and look how that turned out......... I can only dream of a similar result.

Reactions: mst

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Massive game in the context of the season and Aussie rugby this one. I really like the look of both teams and expect it will be a pretty free flowing affair. Shutting down the Chiefs counter is priority number one for the Brumbies and that starts with playing good field position, kicking the ball either out or to highly contestable situations and chasing very hard. Slowing their pill at the breakdown will also be key.

On attack the Brumbies are going to have to take every point on offer and suck the oppositions forwards into the breakdown and set piece. That means rolling mauls, pick and drive around the edges and getting the defence walking backwards. The Horsies have enough attacking firepower to win but I feel they'll have to be very efficient. TK has a big job to straighten up that attack and free Tomane in particular to scoot down the edges and bust the line like he has been.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Shutting down the Chiefs counter is priority number one for the Brumbies and that starts with playing good field position, kicking the ball either out or to highly contestable situations and chasing very hard.
This is the key. I think Larkham will be stressing that they can not kick to the Chiefs back three, and they must also be aware of the Chiefs ability to pilfer. Not just Cane but Leitch as well. Both forward packs are mobile but the Chiefs are a little faster (in the low numbers) so any Brumbie isolating himself with the ball will be flirting with grave danger as the Chiefs transition as well as any team in recent memory.

I'm expecting this to be an absolute cracker of a match

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
If its the one lesson they learnt in SA please let it be about the kicking the ball to the opposition, especially when exiting!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not sure I agree with you TBH and MHCS about the magnitude of the game. Just another game with a long way to go in the season. If either team drops the game (could be a draw) I don't think it's going to do their relative finals chances too much harm. Both will be thereabouts at the business end.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Joe Tomane in 14 and Robbie in 11. Wonder if it'll play out that way on the field? What could be the purpose of the shift? I understand Pulu is rated one of the fastest runners in NZ rugby. Is there a plan to see if Robbie can match him for speed over a short distance?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Not sure I agree with you TBH and MHCS about the magnitude of the game. Just another game with a long way to go in the season. If either team drops the game (could be a draw) I don't think it's going to do their relative finals chances too much harm. Both will be thereabouts at the business end.

It's more the vibe than the points for me ACTC. I feel like our franchises are drifting at the moment and a win by the Brumbies would be a huge leg up psychologically, not just for them, but for Aussie rugby more generally. The NZ teams are playing a lot better than ours right now.

G

galumay

I won't be surprised if the Bush Donkey's lack of discipline is the difference in this game. If they can sort that out they may be a chance to match it with the Chiefs - as long as the Chiefs are not at 100%. Should be an entertaining match.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Both teams with good line ups. Chefs had some easy games and are firing but letting in many points. Brumbies returning after 3 weeks on the road will be feeling it. Should be close, chefs have a good record in canberra too... Edge of your seat stuff... Big game, time to see what the chefs have against a quality side and if the brumbies can finish with a disiplined win at home before a well earnt bye... Brums by 7

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Both teams with good line ups. Chefs had some easy games and are firing but letting in many points. Brumbies returning after 3 weeks on the road will be feeling it. Should be close, chefs have a good record in canberra too. Edge of your seat stuff. Big game, time to see what the chefs have against a quality side and if the brumbies can finish with a disiplined win at home before a well earnt bye. Brums by 7

Looks like the Brumbies might be cooked this weekend.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd love to see us not attack the breakdown quite so hard this game.

The Chiefs are so damn deadly out wide that if we over commit and get caught short we're buggered.

Close game, Brumbies by 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.