• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Drua 14/4/23 @7.35pm

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Brumbies team: 1. James Slipper, 2. Lachlan Lonergan, 3. Allan Ala'alatoa, 4. Sam Thomson, 5. Darcy Swain, 6. Rob Valetini, 7. Rory Scott, 8. Pete Samu, 9. Ryan Lonergan, 10. Noah Lolesio, 11. Ben O'Donnell, 12. Ollie Sapsford, 13. Len Ikitau, 14. Andy Muirhead, 15. Tom Wright. Reserves: 16. Billy Pollard, 17. Blake Schoupp, 18. Rhys Van Nek, 19. Nick Frost, 20. Luke Reimer, 21. Nic White, 22. Jack Debreczeni, 23. Declan Meredith

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tua has had a strong few weeks so it's a good opportunity for a rest...

I'm glad we're playing this one in Canberra and not Suva, but the Brumbies will have to control the tempo and not allow the game to get too loose.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm shocked there's not more resting. Doesn't seem optimal to win the comp.

Not saying rest the whole team but guys like Slipper, Valetini, Samu need protecting. How does Frost make the bench over Neville?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm shocked there's not more resting. Doesn't seem optimal to win the comp.

Not saying rest the whole team but guys like Slipper, Valetini, Samu need protecting. How does Frost make the bench over Neville?

It's a home game, and they rested the bulk of their starting team only a few weeks ago as per the Wallabies' resting policy which would leave them in trouble if they did it again this week...

And Neville has started every game this season so far.

I would expect the Brumbies to be resting their stars in the away games coming up against the 'canes and/or Rebels, and maybe again against the Force, who for some silly reason they only play once.

Last edited:

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
It's a home game, and they rested the bulk of their starting team only a few weeks ago as per the Wallabies' resting policy which would leave them in trouble if they did it again this week...

And Neville has started every game this season so far.

I would expect the Brumbies to be resting their stars in the away games coming up against the 'canes and/or Rebels, and maybe again against the Force, who for some silly reason they only play once.
They also have a bye next week