• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies V Force Round 1 - 2012R01

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Anyone know where Pat Dellitt is for the Force? Not even in the 22. I don't recall him being injured? Still a good Force team named and the boys are hungry to get the season started. Good to see Angus Cottrell on the bench. Another potential star to add to the backrow stocks for the Force. No cover on the bench for the centres. I guess they can switch Cummins off the wing if needed.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Anyone know where Pat Dellitt is for the Force? Not even in the 22. I don't recall him being injured? Still a good Force team named and the boys are hungry to get the season started. Good to see Angus Cottrell on the bench. Another potential star to add to the backrow stocks for the Force. No cover on the bench for the centres. I guess they can switch Cummins off the wing if needed.
Yeah Seymour ran at full back last week so i would think he will come on at FB mafi to the wing and Cummings to 13

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gee that's a weak Force bench. If it comes to down to end game, the Brumbies have a better bench.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
The Force has just as many green guys as the Brumbies... no playmaker, and a Fijian winger who isn't match fit... I doubt he'll see the ball as Standard will kicking all day out of his 22... :cool:

Other than that the team is full of ex-Brumbies… mmmm No Shep again! he makes less appearances than the Pope at a Jewish bris ceremonies...

Just some tier 2 Wallabies and star Pocock… and old Sharpie…

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Force has just as many green guys as the Brumbies... no playmaker, and a Fijian winger who isn't match fit... I doubt he'll see the ball as Standard will kicking all day out of his 22... :cool:

Other than that the team is full of ex-Brumbies… mmmm No Shep again! he makes less appearances than the Pope at a Jewish bris ceremony...

We shall see come friday night

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

Other than that the team is full of ex-Brumbies… mmmm No Shep again! he makes less appearances than the Pope at a Jewish bris ceremony...

One-eyed ranting I can cope with, but this? Fucking terrible metaphor there. Lift your game MS.

M

Moono75

There is no such thing as a weak Force bench. I see a bench full of guys with the opportunity to come out and make a name for themselves. Pony supporters you've got 80 minutes of tough rugby coming your way Friday. Go the Force!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm pretty certain mudskipper is a Queenslander whose goal is to troll Brumbies threads...

At least, that's what I'm going to believe...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe mudskipper and Moono should have their own thread?

It would be pretty entertaining...

M

Moono75

Maybe mudskipper and Moono should have their own thread?

It would be pretty entertaining...
If I get near a computer Friday evening after watching the two opening games at the pub.....that could be entertaining :)

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
There is no such thing as a weak Force bench. I see a bench full of guys with the opportunity to come out and make a name for themselves. Pony supporters you've got 80 minutes of tough rugby coming your way Friday. Go the Force!

Moono... I like your positive outlook, give the young guys a shot, I think the same for the Brumbies...

M

Moono75

Moono... I like your positive outlook, give the young guys a shot, I think the same for the Brumbies...
Yeah gotta strike a balance between experience and bringing on the new guys. No point having squad full of a bunch of 'coulda been, shoulda been, woulda beens'. Play them and find out.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Yeah gotta strike a balance between experience and bringing on the new guys. No point having squad full of a bunch of 'coulda been, shoulda been, woulda beens'. Play them and find out.

Yep I hear you we've had a few in Brumbyland in recent years... I note you have a couple of these guys now. I was always a fan of Alfie Mafi but he never really got a shot at the Brumbies injuries ,poor timing etc... He looked good for the Force in trials... He'll be dangerous...

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
People are being a bit harsh on MS. His match preview is nothing but level headed, in fact I'd go as fair to say he is being overly fair to the Force in an attempt to not seem bias.

The Force has just as many green guys as the Brumbies... no playmaker, and a Fijian winger who isn't match fit... I doubt he'll see the ball as Standard will kicking all day out of his 22...

Personally I think you give them too much credit here, 'Standard' (or "Chucker" as we call him) will be kicking out of his own in-goal by the 2nd half. The pressure will just be too much.

Other than that the team is full of ex-Brumbies… mmmm No Shep again! he makes less appearances than the Pope at a Jewish bris ceremonies...
Not just the team, but the bench as well. In fact the whole squad are x-Brumbies IIRC. And I think you are giving the Pope too much credit by comparing him to Sheps' appearance rate.

Actually I'd say most are about teir 3. In fact I think we'd need to make a new category just for Force players trying to break into the national team. Maybe we can call it "waterboy" tier. It is more reflective of their ability.

I for one, would like to see more match previews from MS throughout the season. I'd even recommend him for the front page blog if the opportunity comes up. Barbarian will have some competition soon if he doesn't watch out!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I agree Bru.

I don't know why the ARU don't just disband the Force and have two teams in the ACT.

I hear Robbie Deans has already pencilled Dylan Sigg in at 6 for the first of the June tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.