• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Moana 7.35pm 18/3/23

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Problem we have is that only a few players have taken certain positions by the scruff of the neck and clearly demanded occupancy (from coaches / selectors, not punters online). Many positions have 2-4 candidates who are not the finished product, so we see chopping and changing, which is not ideal. then there is the crippling injury situation last year. If you buy into Ben Darwin's stuff, lack of / changing combos is a killer (I'm not entirely convinced by everything he says).
It's a clean slate this year so who knows, maybe Eddie will get it Wright (whom, I agree, is going well).
This is indeed a problem.

Most of the likely candidates have done some really good things. At the same time the same guys have had poor moments too. For the second week in a row the Team of the week will be tough to pick as there will be a lack of worth contenders in a few spots.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
This is indeed a problem.

Most of the likely candidates have done some really good things. At the same time the same guys have had poor moments too. For the second week in a row the Team of the week will be tough to pick as there will be a lack of worth contenders in a few spots.
I've avoided this problem by not watching all games. :p

Reactions: TSR

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rugby is cooked here, the public servants are onboard the Raiders train and think the Brums are losing (per broader narratives around kiwi dominance.
Is there any chance to work together with Raiders? I mean, there are not many sports options in Canberra. Maybe a promotion like, with your Raiders ticket you get a discount in your Super Rugby ticket or something like that could work over there.

And Brumbies is consistently the best Aussie side in recent seasons and Raiders don't win the title every year..

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
Is there any chance to work together with Raiders? I mean, there are not many sports options in Canberra. Maybe a promotion like, with your Raiders ticket you get a discount in your Super Rugby ticket or something like that could work over there.

And Brumbies is consistently the best Aussie side in recent seasons and Raiders don't win the title every year..
14k at the Raiders last night. Not bad for the 6:15pm Sunday timeslot coming off back to back losses.

Don't think there is any incentive for them to work with the Brumbies

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
It
14k at the Raiders last night. Not bad for the 6:15pm Sunday timeslot coming off back to back losses.

It's a especial market. Too many people from everywhere living there, many public servants. Only 1 NRL team and 1 Super Rugby team. It's not like NSW and their thousands of NRL teams who hate rugby

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)

yesterday was a stinker too. It would have been about 35degrees at kick off