• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Waratahs, Sat 1st April, GIO

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Ripping the bandaid off as a Tahs fan - unfortunately no high profile returns from the injury ward I don't think, suspect we will field a largely similar 23 to that v the Chiefs. Brumbies will no doubt look a fair bit different to the side they sent out against the 'Saders.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hooper to play this week, in spite of that whole mandated "no more than five matches in a row" directive from Rugby Australia that forced the Brumbies rest their players last Friday...

No one forced the Brumbies to rest players last week, they could've done it the week before.

Hooper is playing because Gamble is injured.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Nic Frost and Kadeyrn Neville have both played 5 games in a row. Is it all right with our Tahs fans and team to continue to play them this week?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Seems a shame Hooper's situation didn't come up a week or two earlier. Would probably have seen the dismantling of the resting policy once and for all.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Seems a shame Hooper's situation didn't come up a week or two earlier. Would probably have seen the dismantling of the resting policy once and for all.
I don't think it's Hooper's situation per se, they said in the broadcast on Friday there was only one squad member either not selected or not injured. So unless he's a 7 then it's pretty understandable, I'm sure Hoops will sit out the required number of games.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Seems it is back to break glass in emergency again at Hooker. Bringing back John Ulugia for Connal McInerney.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I don't think it's Hooper's situation per se, they said in the broadcast on Friday there was only one squad member either not selected or not injured. So unless he's a 7 then it's pretty understandable, I'm sure Hoops will sit out the required number of games.
Just a couple of observations KOB and then I'll leave it. Vailanu has played 7 in SS and iirc some time in the Tahs as well. With two other hookers in the squad the Tahs are not without options. And if the Brumbies can bring in a couple of players from outside the squad (Jack Wright at lock and a 33yo debutante 9 in Pedro Rolando) surely the Tahs could find cover for the 7 spot from outside as well?