• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Cheetahs Prelim 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
If they win, Ponies go to Safferland to play Bulls (2 vs 3)
and

Saders go to Hamilton to play Chiefs (1 vs 4)

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
Some bloke clearly audible with Lilo taking his fifth penalty shot:

"SCORE SOME TRIES"

"ENTERTAIN US"

"THAT'S WHAT WE PAY FOR"

Can't say I feel for him with his team on their way to winning their first finals game in a decade. Maybe he's a Canberra Raiders fan.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

"SCORE SOME TRIES"

"ENTERTAIN US"

"THAT'S WHAT WE PAY FOR"

Can't say I feel for him with his team on their way to winning their first finals game in a decade. Maybe he's a Canberra Raiders fan.

I heard that! I like entertainment too with tries but surely with a finals game you'd just want the win right?

I think the best "anti-kicking" statement I've heard from a Rugby crowd was at a local game in Newcastle where every time a team was going for a shot at goal they yelled out "YOU'RE KILLING RUGBY!".

mech4bg

Allen Oxlade (6)

"SCORE SOME TRIES"

"ENTERTAIN US"

"THAT'S WHAT WE PAY FOR"

Ugh, yeah, watching this with headphones is the worst. 'Where's the fucken running rugby?'

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

"SCORE SOME TRIES"

"ENTERTAIN US"

"THAT'S WHAT WE PAY FOR"

I hate people like that, why doesn't he go to a Raiders game instead? Or some 7s?

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
I wish that kick went over. I don't know about the Brumbies. The Bulls in Pretoria are always a scary prospect, and to me they are just a better version of what the Brumbies do. I think it will end up like the Reds in Christchurch.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It kind of looked like the wind took that kick a bit at the end.

Anyway, the way I think the Brumbies will look at this is that they've had 1 extra game than the Bulls to practice their knock-out game strategy. It really is a different playing style and Jake White definitely has it nailed down.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cheetahs defence is just incredible....... Put up a really good fight........

Both Scott's for the Brumbies were brilliant.........

I think I had a few minor hear attacks in those dying minutes..........

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mrs Doug has bitten off her finger nails, Miss Doug (watching in BC, Canada) is in a similar situation! It's painful being a Rugby supporter!!

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
I wish that kick went over. I don't know about the Brumbies. The Bulls in Pretoria are always a scary prospect, and to me they are just a better version of what the Brumbies do. I think it will end up like the Reds in Christchurch.

The Bulls are a better version of the Brumbies? Not at all.

The Cheetahs and Bulls play polar opposite rugby.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
A Win is a win, it seems by reading some of your posts that you want running attractive rugby, then if you lose its OK, well i'd rather win ugly that lose playing super pretty rugby.
I didn't see all the game, but what I saw of the second half most things were rushed, the last pass was just let go to anyone there seemed to be a want in lets run the ball no matter what. I can only give you my insight to Wales which in recent years have played some pretty good rugby but, lost.
The turning point for us was this years 6Nations against England where we earned the right to go wide and scored some very good tries, we I believe have learnt how to win, Again in the last lions test where there was 10 Welshmen starting it was shown again. If the Brumbies go to SA and play the same way there will only be one out-come, I want to win first, if we win pretty then OK, if we win ugly that will do.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well, I pleased with that result, I would rather one of Kiwi teams got knocked out next week, don't need 2 of them killing each other in a final. If Saders win next saturday, could Brumbies please bowl the Bulls?? Rather they travelled only to Canberra:p

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Cheetahs goal kicking lost them the game.

I still pick the Brums to beat the Bulls but can't see them get over the Chiefs or especially Crusaders although the latter would be a final in Coldberra so that would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.