• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Force - S15 Round 11 - 27 April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
This match could prove to be the classic banana skin for the Brums, the Force have been playing with good form lately, putting the Red and Crusaders away and taking the Canes to the wire.
A serious test for the Brumbies in terms of maintaining the undefeated status in Australia in 2013.
For the Brums, injury concerns ATM seem to be only Fardy, and Toumua should be good to go.
The intensity showed in Brisbane will be needed to win this match.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fardy is such a good player......... I think the Brumbies really miss him at the moment.

The workrate between him, Carter and Kimlin is phenomenal, and he's like another backrower at the breakdown.........

Coleman should probably come back onto the bench. He knows how to score tries.........

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If To'omua can't play due to his concussion it will be interesting to see how the Lilo/McCabe 10/12 combo goes on its second attempt at a full game.

The Brumbies can expect a similar aggressive defensive effort from the Force that they received from the Kings. If To'omua is out and the attack lacks variety it could be tricky for them.

On the contrary, if that combination clicks and McCabe has a strong game, we might be getting back towards the territory of McCabe being a real chance to play 12 for the Wallabies again and the forum collectively going grey(er) and pulling their hair out.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Really hope lilo is at 12 would love to see him and Godwin go head to head.

If McCabe is at 12 it will give kyle a chance to show deans what he can do against a wallabie

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Think J White said after the match on Saturday that Toumua was OK and would play vs the Force.
That keeps McCabe on the bench, at least at the start.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
It never gets any easier for the force. It feels like the brumbies reds and tahs have barely travelled compared. For the force it started in Melbourne and then went Southern cape, Pretoria, bye, Queensland, home, Sydney, home, home, Wellington, Canberra and then its home, Hamilton followed by 5 strait home games. Back and forth all over the show. I do think they can win this game. It will be a cracker that's for sure.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It never gets any easier for the force. It feels like the brumbies reds and tahs have barely travelled compared. For the force it started in Melbourne and then went Southern cape, Pretoria, bye, Queensland, home, Sydney, home, home, Wellington, Canberra and then its home, Hamilton followed by 5 strait home games. Back and forth all over the show. I do think they can win this game. It will be a cracker that's for sure.

The Force travel schedule is far worse in 2013 than it normally is because they couldn't play at home for the first five games.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Force travel schedule is far worse in 2013 than it normally is because they couldn't play at home for the first five games.
True however 2 trips to NZ in 4 weeks doesnt help and that wasnt at the request of the Force its a tough gig

Perth-Wellington-Sydney-Canberra-Perth-Hamilton-Perth

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
It actually isn't that far off from what they normally have. Aren't the force known as one of the most travelled teams in sport?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
It actually isn't that far off from what they normally have. Aren't the force known as one of the most travelled teams in sport?
The most travelled!

They did the stats. They even beat the European soccer teams who play in the champions league.

Though beat is probably the wrong adjective. Lose might be more apt.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thats what happens when you live in the most remote 'state capital' city in the world, I love Perth but just to far from anything :)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Anyway back to the game, Does anyone know if Fardy is back.. I think the Brumbies have missed the big man

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Force have been lifting for the big games this season after everyone has written them off.

They could catch the Ponies unaware in this game.

Surprised that To'omua is fit to play, because from this unqualified doctors assessment he seemed to suffer a fairly heavy concussion.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
True however 2 trips to NZ in 4 weeks doesnt help and that wasnt at the request of the Force its a tough gig

Perth-Wellington-Sydney-Canberra-Perth-Hamilton-Perth
It would almost make sense for the Force to do a tour of NZ and ask for their games there to be back to back. would save the players a lot of time on planes. I guess the down side is more time in NZ though so there's no win in this situation. ;)

I think the Ponies will have too much for the Force but like others have said you can't take any team lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.