• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Lions @ Canberra - 2011R13

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
i really can't wait for this year to be over. I don't weather i can be bothered watching this

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Woo Hoo, Chizz is dropped! I really, really hope thats where he stays in the lead up to the WC. He and Mumm are two players I hope don't make the cut

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Butch James from the bench
Sport24
Rugby World Cup winning flyhalf Butch James could make his debut for the Lions on Saturday after he was called up to the match 22 in the last hour.

Coach John Mitchell announced on Friday that James will replace Jannie Boshoff on the team’s bench for Saturday’s clash against the Brumbies in Canberra.

This means the Johannesburg squad will have three flyhalves at their disposal for this match with Elton Jantjies in the starting role, backed-up by James and Burton Francis.

Kick-off is at 11:40 SA time.

Teams:

Brumbies:
15 Pat McCabe, 14 Andrew Smith, 13 Tyrone Smith, 12 Christian Lealiifano, 11 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 10 Matt Giteau (captain), 9 Josh Valentine, 8 Ita Vaea, 7 Colby Fainga'a, 6 Mitch Chapman, 5 Ben Hand, 4 Peter Kimlin, 3 Jono Owen/Dan Palmer, 2 Stephen Moore, 1 Ben Alexander

Substitutes: 16 Huia Edmonds, 17 Salesi Ma'afu/Jono Owen, 18 Mark Chisholm, 19 Michael Hooper, 20 Patrick Phibbs, 21 Robbie Coleman, 22 Henry Speight

Lions:
15 Jaco Taute, 14 Lionel Mapoe, 13 Dylan des Fountain, 12 Alwyn Hollenbach, 11 Deon van Rensburg, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Jano Vermaak, 8 Josh Strauss, 7 Michael Rhodes, 6 Derick Minnie, 5 Franco van der Merwe, 4 Wikus van Heerden, 3 Patric Cilliers, 2 Bandise Maku, 1 JC Janse van Rensburg

Substitutes: 16 Edgar Marutlulle, 17 Kevin Buys, 18 Warren Whiteley, 19 Cobus Grobbelaar, 20 Rory Kockott, 21 Burton Francis, 22 Butch James

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Giteau takes the worst haircut of Super Rugby title in a canter!!
But congrats on 100 Super games, Monsieur Le Crustacean.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Wow, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) threw a long cut out pass to his right. Move over QC (Quade Cooper).

Nice to see Moore bullocking forward.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Kafe says the Ponies have good shape at the moment (7-0 up, 12mins) and he's right though the Lions are not exactly punishing them. But they do look well balanced tonight.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Kafe says the Ponies have good shape at the moment (7-0 up, 12mins) and he's right though the Lions are not exactly punishing them. But they do look well balanced tonight.
Except Valentine who obviously doesn't know what Giteau looks like or sounds like, and what "quick ball" means. Liked a stoned meercat.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Early Arse Ref involvement...and he got it a bit wrong, lifted then dropped on his side from about a foot. Obviously hit Valentine pretty hard, who ironically had just started to look better!!

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Nice to see Moore and Chapman, the back row working, and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)/McCabe have real intent. Is Jake White watching in the stands?

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Really wish the brumbies would give it to the backs when 10m. Forwards always kill.

That wasn't a yellow in the whole world. Refs against the lions

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Ahh Mahfood (gives away a penalty). Had forgotten you were out there. Thats more like it.

Makes Kepu look like a joke. Oh, wait a minute.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ma'afu gets pinged for a high shot now - unusual for him to give away a silly penalty.
Lions should score here...having a look, few handbags from piggies.
And the TMO says... no probably.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Deserved try to Lions after some good graft close to the line. Next to posts - should be 7 pointer

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
So, 10-7 Brumbies over the Lions. This is where they have to build back into their game, with good options and no errors. I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.