• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bucket List

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Have been thinking about this a bit lately, and am starting to construct my own. Here is what I have so far- sorry about the format, I've copied it from my excel file 'Bucket list.xls':

Kick a drop goal
Learn to play guitar
Skydive
Bungee jump
Climb a mountain
Scuba dive
Have a boxing match
Play Pebble Beach
Play Augusta
Attend the Masters
Attend the British Open
Put $1000 on black in Las Vegas
Do a triathlon
Represent Australia
Go on a TV game show
Survive in the wilderness for a week
Do standup comedy
Camp on a mountain and watch the Tour de France
Go in a car race
Fly first class
First day of a Boxing Day Ashes test
Go to the darts in the UK
Watch cricket in India
Watch soccer in Spain
Drive a convertible across a country
Hit a hole in one
Go on a wildlife safari in Africa

I have already done a couple of these things (mountain climb, bungee jump, scuba dive). What have I missed? What is on yours?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Have been thinking about this a bit lately, and am starting to construct my own. Here is what I have so far- sorry about the format, I've copied it from my excel file 'Bucket list.xls':

On black? If you want a real thrill it the grand should be on 00, that would be a serious rush.

One occasion that every sports fans should have is the first day of the English test summer at Lords, still by far and away the best sporting venue I've been to and the atmosphere has to be experienced.

A few from me that aren't on your list:

See Ireland playing test cricket
Sail around the Caribbean
See Ireland win World Cup (rugby, soccer, cricket, tiddlywinks I'm not bothered)
See Antrim win an All Ireland Championship
Go to Antartica
Drive from Dublin to Sydney
Go to Iran (had the opportunity a few years ago and I'm kicking myself I didn't go)
Go to North Korea
Be my own boss

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Survive in the wilderness for a week

Are you taking about a situation where you have prepared your equipment to do it, or Bear Grylls style? I'd love to hike somewhere like Flinders Ranges (Heusen Trail) in winter.

I've done Kosciusko a couple of times in summer, but it's hardly wilderness with all the other arseholes out there. Though in winter the challenge would be enormous.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Are you taking about a situation where you have prepared your equipment to do it, or Bear Grylls style? I'd love to hike somewhere like Flinders Ranges (Heusen Trail) in winter.

I've done Kosciusko a couple of times in summer, but it's hardly wilderness with all the other arseholes out there. Though in winter the challenge would be enormous.

Yeah I think a modified Bear Grylls structure. Walking in somewhere, build a shelter/hut, just survive. Take some food, water maybe a fishing rod if there is a lake around. And a sat phone. And a flint.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah I think a modified Bear Grylls structure. Walking in somewhere, build a shelter/hut, just survive. Take some food, water maybe a fishing rod if there is a lake around. And a sat phone. And a flint.
And a camera crew?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I've got a Bear Grylls survival knife that would do the trick. No camera on it though

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'll be at day 1 of the Boxing Day test and it's been on my bucket list for a while. Barbs, I would add watching test matches in the West Indies and South Africa to your list. I've done both and enjoyed the experience immensely.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)

Kick a drop goal
Learn to play guitar
Skydive
Bungee jump
Climb a mountain
Scuba dive
Have a boxing match - pre or post Wallaby test will be easy
Play Pebble Beach
Play Augusta
Attend the Masters
Attend the British Open
Do a triathlon
Represent Australia - drinking
Go on a TV game show - Africa's Most Wanted
Survive in the wilderness for a weekEND
Do standup comedy - Challenge Springbok Fans
Camp on a mountain and watch the Tour de France
Go in a car race - Police chase
Fly first class
First day of a Boxing Day Ashes test
Go to the darts in the UK
Watch cricket in India
Watch soccer in Spain
Drive a convertible across a country - careful in game parks!!!
Hit a hole in one - easy
Go on a wildlife safari in Africa - too easy

I have already done a couple of these things (mountain climb, bungee jump, scuba dive). What have I missed? What is on yours?
I reckon one wild weekend in Cape Town and you could tick a lot of them off.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
I see watching the Wallabies win the Bledisloe doesn't make your list barbarian. I hope you have'nt given up on that happening in your lifetime:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.