• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bulls vs Cheetahs - Super Rugby R9 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Bulls:
15 Jürgen Visser, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jan Serfontein, 11 Lionel Mapoe, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Jano Vermaak, 8 Pierre Spies (captain), 7 Dewald Potgieter, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Juandré Kruger, 4 Flip van der Merwe, 3 Frik Kirsten, 2 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 1 Morné Mellet

Substitutes: 16 Callie Visagie, 17 Werner Kruger, 18 Paul Willemse, 19 Arno Botha, 20 Rudy Paige, 21 Louis Fouché, 22 Ulrich Beyers

Cheetahs:
15 Hennie Daniller, 14 Willie le Roux, 13 Johan Sadie, 12 Robert Ebersohn, 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Burton Francis, 9 Piet van Zyl, 8 Philip van der Walt, 7 Pieter Labuschagne, 6 Heinrich Brüssow, 5 Francois Uys, 4 Lodewyk De Jager, 3 Lourens Adriaanse, 2 Adriaan Strauss (captain), 1 Trevor Nyakane.

Substitutes: 16 Ryno Barnes, 17 Coenie Oosthuizen, 18 Rynhard Landman, 19 Frans Viljoen, 20 Tewis de Bruyn, 21 Francois Brummer, 22 Ryno Benjamin
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Naka-Drotske-opts-for-continuity-20130410

Can the Cheetahs continue their incredible winning streak and maintain their position as finals contenders? Or will they fade away towards the end of the season as they did last year?

The Bulls will be looking to put their disappointing tour behind them and get back to winning ways at 'Fortress Loftus'.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You have to think Cheetahs would sneak this one, they syre playing a good brand of rugby.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
As much as I love what the Cheetahs are doing right now, and as much as I would like to see the back on the Bulls coaching team, I cannot see the Cheetahs get up for this. The bulls alwasy grow a leg when they get back home. They have had the bye and will be fresh.

The defense has been very good and will be better at home.

Bulls will take it. Hope Serfontein gets a license to show what he has. He is the future at 12. No doubt about that.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Is it me or do Ludeke have too much talent at his disposal and are just throwing combinations togather and hope for the best? How about some continuity.

For this game the Bulls are juiced up at Loftus and year in and year out the Steam role the Cheetahs to end the contest inside the first 30 minutes normally. If the Cheetahs can stay close for the first 30 or so they might have a chance. Otherwise once they get in that groove with 40000 people all juiced up on Klippies lifting them its like a Blue Juggernaut for 70 minutes normally giving you the last 10 to score a try or two.

Also Highveldt so anything from 60 meters is 3 point range and you can boot it from 22 to 22 easily. So that go run the length of the field to lose it inside that 22 you will have your hopes kicked out of you with one boot upfield.

Also watch out for referees struggling to keep up with play. From the best to worse make blunders there as you need to be super fit to keep up in the Highveldt air

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I'd love for the cheetahs to sneak this, but can't see it happening. Then again I tipped the bulls so there is a better than 50% chance the cheetahs will win, given my tipping form this year

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I have tipped the Bulls. Would love to see the Cheetahs get up but they have had the tour of AUS/NZ and the Stormers without a break. Not sure how much longer they can stay up but success does strange things to players so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.