• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Burgess may be on the move to Oz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
With Locks, you have AWH, Big Kev, Timani, Douglass, Dennis, Fardy, Carter, Neville and Pyle.
Do we agree that Pyle is the best at provincial level?

There definite potential in our lock stocks but alot don't seem to convert it to the big stage douglas showed promise and kev is proven. With timani let's all stop beign hopeful and call a spade a spade and say he was there as no one else was available.

dennis = good blindside and very average lock

and hopefully the later 4 can improve and carry on from their wonderful 2012 form so deans takes notice as they are good players but still not quite the calibre that demands selection or makes them undisputed choices

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
alot don't seem to convert it to the big stage ... they are good players but still not quite the calibre that demands selection or makes them undisputed choices

I agree completely, they aren't ready for test level yet. It doesn't help that AWH, Timani and Douglas had either a season on the bench or an average-at-best one.

But back to Burgess: his passing might not be as good as White or Genia, but his ability to get straight to the breakdown, read the run of play and his pace make him a great halfback. I hope someone picks him up, the Tahs or the Rebels would be my bet.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
With White, Phipps and I believe also McKibbin and Hart off contract next year, Burgess could end up anywhere.

With the strong chance that the Tahs will lose at least one or two big names overseas, the salary cap shouldn't be an issue

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would be surprised if White didn't re-sign with the Brumbies..........

For someone who grew up supporting the Brumbies I doubt he'd move unless someone offers a significantly larger contract........

And I don't expect to see Burgess return to Canberra........

But we'll see I guess.........

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I would be surprised if White didn't re-sign with the Brumbies....

For someone who grew up supporting the Brumbies I doubt he'd move unless someone offers a significantly larger contract....

And I don't expect to see Burgess return to Canberra....

But we'll see I guess...
Do you ever have a finite sentence?

P

Paradox

Go back and watch replay of World Cup when he replaced Genia.outstanding. He is stand out number 2 ,will push Genia and is a massive plus in defence especially around scrum base. Cmon Tahs don't let him slip past.

Genia is world class and Burgo is not. Go back and watch a full replay of his (Burgos) career. He was a fairly limited in a number of areas. Speed to break down, attitude, defense were all very good. It'd be nice to have him back for Ozzie rugby though.

T

TOCC

For the record, Burgess did play better then Genia during the RWC when he came on the field, Genia was out of form and Burgess was playing some of his best footy...

In saying that Genia is still a class above Burgess, but when the stars align Burgess can definitely outplay Genia.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was criminal that Burgess wasn't given more minutes during the RWC considering how burned out Genia appeared to be........

Deans seems to have forgotten the impact he made the year before when brought on in the last 10-15 minutes......

It's the same foolishness that left White with 0 test caps following the Welsh series.........

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It was criminal that Burgess wasn't given more minutes during the RWC considering how burned out Genia appeared to be....

Deans seems to have forgotten the impact he made the year before when brought on in the last 10-15 minutes..

It's the same foolishness that left White with 0 test caps following the Welsh series...

No it's not the same. In the RWC we were knocked out before we should have been (although it is very doubtful Burgo would have changed that). Against Wales we won 3-0, with a couple of those wins secured in the final minutes.

I am not doubting White is a good player, just that Deans made a bad call in those cases, when the proof is in the pudding for mine- we won the games.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow, they would pay the money Burgess would command for him to sit on the bench behind White - according to Slim logic...

Gosh, I would hate to think he was commanding a lot, as previously stated.........

He was a fairly limited in a number of areas. Speed to break down, attitude, defense were all very good. It'd be nice to have him back for Ozzie rugby though.

Also.........

Would be surprising if he came back to the Brumbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.