• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cancer scare for Kurtis Haiu

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Very sad news, the name rung a bell because I've heard his name so much this year via commentators. Best of luck for the recovery.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Kurtis has been a mainstay at lock for the Blues and Auckland for a number of years now. He's a really nice guy who has stepped up this year in my opinion. I really pray everything goes well for him.

As a useless bit of trivia - his brother is an amazing dancer/performer who came 2nd in the NZ 'Think You Can Dance' competition.

Both really humble guys.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/ne...cancer-stricken-blues-star-on-assault-charge/

WELLINGTON, May 14, 2011 (AFP) - - Cancer-stricken Auckland Blues rugby player Kurtis Haiu was reported Saturday to be facing a serious charge of assaulting a female.

The powerfully built Haiu, a lock who has played more than 50 Super games, stepped away from rugby three weeks ago when he was diagnosed with a cancerous tumour on a rib.

The New Zealand Herald newspaper said Haiu had been arrested in South Auckland and charged with assault on a female, assault with intent to use a weapon, and common assault.

He is to appear in court next Wednesday.

Haiu refused to comment to the news media but his manager Bruce Sharrock confirmed there had been an incident and the charges did not involve Haiu's wife.

"We're still gathering information. It would be inappropriate for us to make any further comment until we do," he said.

When news of Haiu's cancer was made public, the Blues' team doctor, Stephen Kara said the prognosis was uncertain but he believed it was treatable.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I always like to hear both sides of the story. Women these days aren't all sugar & spice.

Status
Not open for further replies.