• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Barkers front row was all class too. But the motor behind them in the 2nd and back row is huge. Dring and Flaherty were immense today and Cameron, Weymouth and that man Reimer were unstoppable.

Murphy, Molloy and Moretti are a pretty fine back row for Waverly. The clash of the packs between Barker and Waverly will be one to savour. Luca Martin up the back for Waverly is also pretty elusive in attack.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I actually thought Moretti was in a class of his own.
His defence and attack was pretty special.

Yes, he is definitely a class above. I was probably expecting that sort of performance from him unfortunately and didn't quite give him the credit he deserved.

B

Backline_Move

Any players to return for both teams or both at full strength?

Interesting to see how they juggle the rep honours for the players from all teams considering that aloys are obviously going well this year, and Knox will always have strong players too.

Hopefully the Cranbrook 16’s boys can add some depth and trinity have those returning CAS players.

If you compare the barker and Waverly packs Backrow and second rows, Waverleys team has the extra rep experience and players returning that were in the team last year- will be a battle when they meet.

But they aren’t the only teams in the Comp boys! We will let you two schools have your pissing comp while we work hard behind the scenes to knock everyone off.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Any players to return for both teams or both at full strength?

Interesting to see how they juggle the rep honours for the players from all teams considering that aloys are obviously going well this year, and Knox will always have strong players too.

Hopefully the Cranbrook 16’s boys can add some depth and trinity have those returning CAS players.

If you compare the barker and Waverly packs Backrow and second rows, Waverleys team has the extra rep experience and players returning that were in the team last year- will be a battle when they meet.

But they aren’t the only teams in the Comp boys! We will let you two schools have your pissing comp while we work hard behind the scenes to knock everyone off.

Barker never underestimates Knox. It is why the rivalry is so intense. And Waves are always competitive. This year it will most likely come down to the bounce of the ball or that occasional piece of brilliance that will determine each games outcome. And Aloys are clearly competitive this year. Augers well for the CAS squads

ruckman7

Peter Burge (5)
Barker never underestimates Knox. It is why the rivalry is so intense. And Waves are always competitive. This year it will most likely come down to the bounce of the ball or that occasional piece of brilliance that will determine each games outcome. And Aloys are clearly competitive this year. Augers well for the CAS squads

Waverley vs barker will definitely be the biggest game of the season for both as we all know what to expect from barker, waverleys additions to last years teams should replace some of the dynamic play that they lost with the class of 2017 leaving, Knox seems quite disorganised in the lead up to this year with from what looks like many players out of normal positions but will definitely adjust as the season comes full swing and . Aloys will definitely come nowhere near the size of Knox Waverley barker and even trinity, especially in the 2nd row but should have the skills to make up for it. Not sure on cranbrook but they should have some serious pace in the backline as three out of the four boys who smashed the relay record at CAS Athletics in their age group most likely playing 1sts this year. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about Trinity but from what I saw at the 7's which was a big group of lads that despite their size couldn't utilise it very effectively, but I'm sure like all teams come round 1 they will be prepared for CAS. Overall its gonna be a good season I reckon with a table at the end looking like.

1: Barker
2:Aloys
3:Waverley
4:Knox
5:Trinity
6:Cranbrook

Edit: Put Aloys in at 2nd now above Knox because after two dreadful years I'm sure everyone would like to see Aloys have some luck come their way, who knows they might even win it all

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker played Palmerston North High School today in their first game of their NZ tour. They won 70/7...No injuries to report

B

Backline_Move

Barker played Palmerston North High School today in their first game of their NZ tour. They won 70/7.No injuries to report

Great result- wish you played Christchurch boys like we did last year or something like that though to see how your actually travelling instead of a 3rd division school struggling for numbers in 2018z

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
I don’t make up the itinerary. I am just reporting the result of the first game. Any results from other school tours????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm out of town this year but i assume Cranbrook are sticking to their Coffs Harbour Training week rather than touring.

CarnTheBrumbies

Frank Nicholson (4)
Please note Steve, It was a combined Marist 2nd and 3rds side given that 35 odd players are currently in New Zealand. So given the score of 76-5, I don’t think much can be taken from the game!

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Looking forward to the 5th May when hopefully Barker will convert Kings to perkins paste. Travelling out there with a young bloke I employ who played Kings seconds a few years ago. Heh heh.

Mr Touch Finder

Peter Burge (5)
Came across this recently (wasn't sure where to post), wonder how the big fella is going over in NZ. Definitely a talent that RA should keep their eyes on.

S

sidelineview

Waverley Opens & 16As players have been in camp at Narrabeen for a week. The 1st XV squad trained with the Randwick Colts 1sts team on return.

B

Backline_Move

I don’t make up the itinerary. I am just reporting the result of the first game. Any results from other school tours????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barker must not of won their final tour game? You didn’t post the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.