• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Mmm I dunno WLF. I dont think Knox can ever be underestimated. The matches between these two are gritty.

I love Knox

Stan Wickham (3)
This weekend should ensure a good hit out for all CAS schools.

Does anyone have a predicted ladder after seeing some pre season this year? Also would love to see a predicted CAS Opens team put together.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
As much as I want to agree with your sentiment, chickens are best counted in October.

I think Barker beat Knox by plenty this year, with Waverley being Barker's only real opposition for 2018, but I'll also say that I think it will be the last time for a LONG time that Barker beat Knox in the 1st's.

B

Backline_Move

This weekend should ensure a good hit out for all CAS schools.

Does anyone have a predicted ladder after seeing some pre season this year? Also would love to see a predicted CAS Opens team put together.

Based on pre season results, players returning and my own thoughts:

Barker are easily favourites,(it’s their comp to lose), Aloys will be the strongest since diamond was playing, Knox will have a young team, but will likely beat everyone but Barker and Aloys.

Trinity and Cranbrook will fight it out for the wooden spoon.

1. Barker
2. Aloys
3. Knox
4. Waverley
5. Cranbrook
6. Trinity

B

Backline_Move

I think Barker beat Knox by plenty this year, with Waverley being Barker's only real opposition for 2018, but I'll also say that I think it will be the last time for a LONG time that Barker beat Knox in the 1st's.

Waverley will be strong, but they have us at home first game- Waverley haven’t beaten Knox at Knox for at least four years. A tough gig for them. Plus after the break they will be tired with rep players usually.

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
Based on pre season results, players returning and my own thoughts:

Barker are easily favourites,(it’s their comp to lose), Aloys will be the strongest since diamond was playing, Knox will have a young team, but will likely beat everyone but Barker and Aloys.

Trinity and Cranbrook will fight it out for the wooden spoon.

1. Barker
2. Aloys
3. Knox
4. Waverley
5. Cranbrook
6. Trinity

what do you know about trinity to have them at 6th?

B

Backline_Move

what do you know about trinity to have them at 6th?

They won’t beat Barker, Aloys, Knox or Waverley.. it’s a toss up game for the wooden spoon. I had to go one of the other. They are interchangeable really.

B

Backline_Move

Cause Barker nearly won the competition and have 10 players back. Can the Cranbrook 16a’s from last year beat the Barker 1st XV 2nd XV squad from last year? That’s why who they beat last year matters.

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
16yr old boys turn into 17yr old boys, Barker is a good team no doubt, last years form has no real baring on this year comp

B

Backline_Move

Yeah if you think anyone in the Cranbrook pack can compete with Reimer, Pollard, Flaherty, Dring and Weymouth you have another thing coming.

The same pack that nearly beat a pack that included Cornish, Moretti, Wright, Whiteman a year younger will be pretty good.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
From what i saw of the Trinity players at the Scots 7s, i think they may be a better side, in 15s, this year than many are expecting. Sure 7s is very different to 15s. But still. It looked like they had quite a few good players regardless of the game format.

B

Backline_Move

From what i saw of the Trinity players at the Scots 7s, i think they may be a better side, in 15s, this year than many are expecting. Sure 7s is very different to 15s. But still. It looked like they had quite a few good players regardless of the game format.

And they were missing Edmed and Ilias.

So it’s likely they will be quite good. Like I said I think Cranbrook or Trinity will likely be 5th and 6th.

B

Backline_Move

Players returning:

Barker
Pollard
Dring (injured but would have been there)
Flaherty
Weymouth
Tejcek
Reimer
Nercessian
Galloway
Was Weymouth there?
Pretty sure I’m missing some too.

Trinity:
Chambers
Ginis
Edmed
White
Ilias
Chambers
The second rower
K something?

Aloys:
Pollack
Rahme
Spalding
Ryan
Di Sano
Branagan
Westbury
Ienco
Fogarty
Brennan
Isn’t there two Rahmes?

Waverly:
Moretti
Andrews
Whiteman
Murphy
Baldwin
Molloy
Rice
McGuiggan?
Plus their seconds won the comp and were mostly 11’s.

Cranbrook:

No one.

That’s the difference.

B

Backline_Move

Predictions for this weekend:

Barker to beat Kings in a nailbiter.
Knox to thrash Shore.
Cranbrook to beat St Pius.
Trinity to win in a tight one to SPC.

A good weekend for CAS depending on other teams.

Not sure who other teams are playing.

I think Aloys have Grammar and Waverly have Augustine’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.