• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
I am cross-posting this on GPS/CSA and ISA Forums. I am trying to put together a full preseason results list for the eight schools playing in the GPS Thirds Comp. These are the results as I have them at the moment. There are gaps and i'm sure errors. All help in rectifying them gratefully received :)

GPS Thirds Eight Schools Competing

St Joseph’s Thirds Results
W 26-7 Riverview Thirds
W 24-21 Scots Thirds
L 24-14 St Aloysius Firsts
W 24-14 St Pats Firsts
W 33-22 Oakhill Firsts
W 24-14 Joeys

Scots Thirds Results
L 24-21 Joey’s Thirds
W 33-5 Newington Thirds
W 44-12 St Pius Firsts
W 19-5 High Firsts

Grammar Firsts Results
L 43-3 St Pats Firsts
L 41-10 St Aloysius Firsts
L 24-6 TAS Firsts
L 50-5 St Gregs Firsts
L 46-11 Cranbrook

TAS Firsts Results
L 41-10 Kinross Firsts
W 24- 6 Grammar Firsts
L 46-14 Cranbrook Firsts
L 39-24 St Gregs Firsts

Kings Thirds Results
W by 50 points Barker Thirds

Shore Thirds Results
W 17-5 Knox Thirds
L 33-12 Joey’s Fourths
W 69-0 Trinity Thirds
W 46-0 Barker Thirds

High Firsts Results
W 41-17 St Pius Firsts
L 19-5 Scots Firsts

Riverview Thirds
W 48-0 Knox Third
L 26-7 Joeys Thirds

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Barker got lucky on Saturday. They held most of the possession thanks to the forward work but main differences between the teams where the back line handling errors. The Joey's passes were fast and simple and handling errors were rare. That coupled with the running skill of their 15 and 11 saw a competitive and close game. Watch out for the 15. A few metres and he is away. Very elusive.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Barker got lucky on Saturday. They held most of the possession thanks to the forward work but main differences between the teams where the back line handling errors. The Joey's passes were fast and simple and handling errors were rare. That coupled with the running skill of their 15 and 11 saw a competitive and close game. Watch out for the 15. A few metres and he is away. Very elusive.
I think a testament to the quality of a side is often not just the players in the team, but those who can't crack a spot. With Chan, Eveleigh and Carey (all players with 2017 1sts experience) all currently playing in the 2nds for Joeys, its clear Joeys have a gun backline and plenty of depth.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
For all Barker followers and those not offended at watching a totally Red view of a Saturdays game between Barker and Joey's, young Nick Berkley, a year 12 student at Barker, has put a nice 4 minute clip up on Youtube. This is the link.

For all those without anything positive to say, (remembering this is a student's work we are commenting on) rather than say anything negative, please go and get your favoured school to put up their version.

To Nick. Well edited. Keep up the great work.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Trinity have it in them to upset Barker and Waverley for sure. That was no fluke against Joeys - they flat out played better than them. Aloys a real dark horse - have racked up some big wins against weak teams so far, but they are a genuine banana skin for those two top teams. Cranbrook and Knox no chance for this year I think, but both will be much better next.

I saw Shore was crowing about winning all but 4 games across the grades. Is there depth in the Trinity programme or was it just the random D grade game that they got up in? Shore did also win 15 out of 24 against Knox.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
For all Barker followers and those not offended at watching a totally Red view of a Saturdays game between Barker and Joey's, young Nick Berkley, a year 12 student at Barker, has put a nice 4 minute clip up on Youtube. This is the link.

For all those without anything positive to say, (remembering this is a student's work we are commenting on) rather than say anything negative, please go and get your favoured school to put up their version.

Not a good look for Joeys No 7. at 26 seconds in - tries to trip the Barker No 6 using his foot. Pretty clear intent there.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Not a good look for Joeys No 7. at 26 seconds in - tries to trip the Barker No 6 using his foot. Pretty clear intent there.

Are you seriously kidding??? I wouldnt be casting stones in regards to citable offences! Congrats to Barker on a fine day and congrats to Nick for making the effort to put this together

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Are you seriously kidding??? I wouldnt be casting stones in regards to citable offences! Congrats to Barker on a fine day and congrats to Nick for making the effort to put this together

Not at all, there was a very poorly timed tackle while a Joeys player was in the air a little further on - definitely goes both ways.

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)

Excellent work!

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I’m wondering who is going to beat William88’s “Scots won’t be beaten this year” as Prediction of the Season?

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Can we send out a search party for Father Jim of the 3rds?

We are a mere 62 hours (or thereabouts) from kick-off of the 2018 Hon. Jim Belshaw Plate/Cup, and we are all travelling ‘blind’ here without the benefit of Jim’s entomological xls. analysis of all the 3’s Season’s prospects!

As Lleyton might say, Jim, “C’mon!!” :)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well after demolishing Joeys and Kings , I don't think anyone needs to question Barker's 2018 title hopes

so only question is whether View will be more road-kill

or if last weeks drubbing of Knox is a sign that View might put up a battle, and are turning their season around?!

can anyone tell me if View's backs are back to full strength? Easy? Bell?

As if they are I might consider a trip to Waitara ... otherwise will assume it is a foregone conclusion

What_the...

Peter Burge (5)
Well after demolishing Joeys and Kings , I don't think anyone needs to question Barker's 2018 title hopes

so only question is whether View will be more road-kill

or if last weeks drubbing of Knox is a sign that View might put up a battle, and are turning their season around?!

can anyone tell me if View's backs are back to full strength? Easy? Bell?

As if they are I might consider a trip to Waitara . otherwise will assume it is a foregone conclusion

Not sure if I would agree on the “demolishing” terminology SDW. Barker scored a try in the 80th minute to beat Kings. Whilst Barker was clearly the better team against Joey’s they made it interesting with 5 to go.

View will be tough too I think as will Waves and maybe Trinity after their result two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.