• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Do I need to say that the kickoff went out on the full? Truly it would save time if Cranbrook just restarted with a scrum.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Nice 40 yard move from Trinity ends with a try in the corner to De Domeneghi. Edmed misses (he’s 3 from 6). 32-8

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Barker win 31 to 29. Took lead with try 2 mins to go. Waves had chance to steal win with penalty kick on full time but wasn't to be.

S

sidelineview

An exciting win for Barker and a heartbreaking loss for Waverley.
Barker only led in the first 5 minutes and the last 2 minutes.
The problem with playing a side like Barker is you only need to give them a sniff of an opportunity and they can convert it into points from anywhere on the field.
Waverley had the ascendency with a few minutes to go 29 - 26 and were controlling the ball about 30 out from Barkers line but a kick didnt find touch in general play and Bryden beat defenders. They scored soon after 31-29.
A courageous effort from Waverley against a bigger and stronger Barker team. A better team on paper.
Their defence was tremendous under fatigue and pressure but Barker had the individuals to just win.
The underdogs went within a whisker of winning. The penalty kick from Lathan H-W on the bell just screwed off to the right

A great game to watch. The big crowd got their money's worth but frustrating for Waves supporters. So close against the odds...

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
An exciting win for Barker and a heartbreaking loss for Waverley.
Barker only led in the first 5 minutes and the last 2 minutes.
The problem with playing a side like Barker is you only need to give them a sniff of an opportunity and they can convert it into points from anywhere on the field.
Waverley had the ascendency with a few minutes to go 29 - 26 and were controlling the ball about 30 out from Barkers line but a kick didnt find touch in general play and Bryden beat defenders. They scored soon after 31-29.
A courageous effort from Waverley against a bigger and stronger Barker team. A better team on paper.
Their defence was tremendous under fatigue and pressure but Barker had the individuals to just win.
The underdogs went within a whisker of winning. The penalty kick from Lathan H-W on the bell just screwed off to the right

A great game to watch. The big crowd got their money's worth but frustrating for Waves supporters. So close against the odds.

Thats how Barker felt last year losing at home by a point to Waves. So close but no cigar.

Congrats to both teams.. Everyone played their hearts out and it was a pleasure to watch. Be still my beating heart.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wow wow ... that's the game they play in heaven. Barker deserved winners

Although ... to Waverley ... as they say... you can hold your heads high

They left everything out there ... and really felt for them

How big was that barker forward pack?! Would like to know stats ...heights and weight ... as rod mentioned the 6 ... Cameron...huge ... 5 ... that dring? All monsters and skilled too

And nothing wrong with backs either ... how good is Galloway (14)

Only grizzle ... minor ...why pretend pollard and Reimer not there

Program is part of the history

Anyways rugby was the winner ... and barker deserved champions for 2018

What_the...

Peter Burge (5)
Was an epic game at QP this afternoon. Lots of cheers and lots of tears. Waverley gave it their all and must have thought they were in but the fitter and stronger Barker pack managed to create a few opportunities in the final 10 minutes. Moretti looked ominous in the first half but a bit quiet in the second half ( apart from a great run up the middle).

I think Barker managed to win one line out all day, the wind and Waves pressure telling, however Barker’s scrum was monstering Waves on their feed.

Bryden and Galloway managed to make metres where they had no right to do so.

Just an amazing game to be at.

I was told that Pollard and Reiner were lucky to play due to injury or sickness this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Hutchinson Walters 24 has had his best game of the year by far. He was my man of the match in a losing side.

Moretti 8 was dominant and passionate as well and opened Barker up on a number of occasions.

Nercessian 12 for Barker was huge getting the Reds on the front foot while Flaherty 4 was monstrous in defence, playing himself to a standstill.

Malloy 7 was brilliant at the breakdown for Waves but he was matched by Weymouth7 and Cameron 6.

Barkers wingers Galloway (year 11) and Bryden 14 were very strong today, both on the offence and defence.

I thought Matt Graham 13 for Barker had a fine game scoring the opening try and really testing Waves outside defence.

I was not happy with the wind gods. It was a 10 to 14 point wind in the first half that died down in the second half to barely noticeable.

Anyway bring on Knox and the penultimate match for the Reverend Henry Plume Shield.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
24 for Waves in my view was outstanding. Best on the field. What a game. One word sums it up- awesome. As good as it gets.

S

sidelineview

Thats how Barker felt last year losing at home by a point to Waves. So close but no cigar.

Congrats to both teams.. Everyone played their hearts out and it was a pleasure to watch. Be still my beating heart.

And both games will be talked about for a long time.
Reminders that Schoolboy Rugby is the best form of the game to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.