• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Stannies have any big kahunas like last year CB? That (no 4 or 5) was a unit.
No mate not this year, the boy your referring to Tom Hooper down in Canberra playing for Brumbies academy and Vikings in 2019
Stannies will be solid again and will give a good account of themselves.
Just completed 1st XV trials yesterday squads should be out soon.

AAaron

Bob McCowan (2)
Knox will be a powerhouse this year. Rumours are gun forwards Collins and Garing could be making a comeback through new eligibility laws and the need to repeat year 12. Due to underperformance in HSC.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Knox will be a powerhouse this year. Rumours are gun forwards Collins and Garing could be making a comeback through new eligibility laws and the need to repeat year 12. Due to underperformance in HSC.
Not sure where you are getting your information from, but there are no CAS laws that would allow 2 men who completed school in 2017 to participate in the CAS comp.

I'd also suggest you remove the reference to the HSC as it is totally inappropriate to make such commentary in a public forum. Failure to do so might result in a lawyer knocking on your classroom door.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker v St Edmunds was a good hit out for both teams apparently. 3 x 20min periods of play with both coaches rotating players. Dayne Wilson was the Barker capt for 2 periods and Hugo Weymouth for the final period. St Edmunds have a big Bopper in the front row who takes some stopping ball in hand but reports were that the Barker scrum had the edge. Barker played without Pollard (Aust Schools Hooker) and he will be away for the game against Stannies in Bathurst this weekend. Barkers back line was pretty slick apparently with Ovendon playing 10 having a good game and Galloway at 13 providing some starch in defence.

J Dog Fenton

Peter Burge (5)
any other news on what games teams have played/will be playing. potentially some updated prospected teams?

I made a trip over to Knox on the weekend to check out the old stomping grounds and scope out any prospects for the upcoming season and I have one word... WOW... I'm not sure what they've been putting in the chicken @ Chargrille Charlies, but the men I saw running around on the weekend aren't the kids that they were last season. From what I saw, this years team resembles a Knox '14 backline, with a Barker '18 forward pack. Scary.

Their website says Oakhill this weekend @ Oakhill, this being a nice way to ease into the comp I would think before heading to Japan this coming holidays.

Anyone got news on how Waves and Barker are looking? @SDW?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Waverley this time of year is always depleted care of rugby league commitments

However I think Waverley are going to be very strong

Great depth and a real hard edge.

Their backline is going to be very hard to out-
muscle

I want to see how the forwards come together, as if they can get enough possession, I think they could even rattle some of the gps heavyweights .

Matches against auggies on 11 May and against joeys on May 18 will be the litmus test

However I am changing my tipping ... Waverley team to beat ... particularly under the tutelage of Coleman/ Cornish

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Here is Knox's 1st XV for tomorrows trial v Oakhill

1. McDonald
2.Grobler
3. Kablau
4. Pratt
5. Hughes
6. Gratwicke
7. Breden
8. Cheal
9. Constable
10. Fitzgerald
11. Evans
12. Rechner. S
13. Stewart
14. Addis
15. Griffiths
16. Bowen
17. Chamen
18. Sammut
19. Rechner. M

J Dog Fenton

Peter Burge (5)
How did Knox fare? When do they play joeys?

Knox came away with a 76-0 win @ Oakhill today. It was good, clean footy with next to no niggle and the Knox side just purely outclassing Oakhill. Knox had the bigger pack with Oakhill lacking structure and discipline which really showed through the Knox forwards rolling over the advantage line phase after phase. While the piggies were doing the hard yards, the slick hands of the whole Knox backline, (In particular Sammut [21], Fitzgerald [10], Griffiths [15] and Evans [11]) made easy work of the Oakhill backline and dominated out wide. With this being said, the Oakhill boys really stuck it to Knox until the final whistle. The score really didn't do the game justice as it was a great game to watch with both teams giving it their all. It was beautiful to watch the Knox team finally find their feet after last seasons shaky results and to see them gel as a team to play fast, hard, flowing rugby which was a class act to for the spectators.

Round 2 of trials I believe (11th May) @ Joeys

noeyeddear

Allen Oxlade (6)
Stannies Facebook page has yesterday's game vs Barker with some commentary by a few of their students thrown in. Great stuff from the stannies boys!

Barker gave away a massive penalty count and had no conversions but scored 5 tries to 3 for a narrow win. There's a corker of a try in there started by a kick/pass across field.

Last year's returners playing were Brown 1, Pollard 2, Wilson 3, Weymouth 4, Cameron 5, Ovenden 10, and Galloway 14. Two new students played - Jones 13 and Bowen 15. Back row were all from last year's 16As.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting re Barker! They might fancy their chances of going back to back

However if both backrowers are young...that might be a factor

How they fare against joeys will be interesting

And while I don’t like their chances, they will be better for the experience