• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Under 16's performance is always a good guide for the next seasons opens grade.

On that basis Cranbrook must be looking to do better in season 2013 and 2014, than they achieved this year.

Oakhill may not achieve the same success they had this year against CAS opponents.

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)
Looking at back at the next results of the upcoming age group, this competition should be very close with every school fielding competitive teams. However, trinity have received a number of new players and keep in mind it is there centenary next year so there could be a few more.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Looking at back at the next results of the upcoming age group, this competition should be very close with every school fielding competitive teams. However, trinity have received a number of new players and keep in mind it is there centenary next year so there could be a few more.
Who are the number of new players that you know of ?

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
i don't know of any, i was just saying that due to the fact that it is Trinity's centenary next year, i would be surprised if we see some new players arrive
So in fact as far as you know they haven't " received a number of new players ", which is the opposite of your first statement.

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
i don't know of any, i was just saying that due to the fact that it is Trinity's centenary next year, i would be surprised if we see some new players arrive
Trinity did get a lot of new players into the 1st XV last year (2011) who were then under 16s and 2 more under 17s joined in this year (2012) (prop and centre) with the short term target of the Plume shield in 2013.
Given the team's performance this year they need some fast backrowers and another couple of backs to feel confident of repeating their overwhelming superiority in 2011.

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)
So in fact as far as you know they haven't " received a number of new players ", which is the opposite of your first statement.
No, "Trinity did get a lot of new players into the 1st XV 2 years ago who were then under 16s and 2 more under 17s joined in last year (prop and centre) with the long term target of the Plume shield in 2013."

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
No, "Trinity did get a lot of new players into the 1st XV 2 years ago who were then under 16s and 2 more under 17s joined in last year (prop and centre) with the long term target of the Plume shield in 2013."
They are not "new players" if they have been attending Trinity & playing Rugby for them for the last 1-2 years.
Your post suggested you knew of players who have recently enrolled at the school & would be seen for the first time next year , which is why I enquired who they were.
It's apparent that you don't know of any, & they are therefore relying on the players that we all know about ,for 2013.

ytb

Frank Row (1)
Aloys with half a chance, a side that has been very poor through the ages but has been complimented with some solid new players and player coming through from the 16s age group. (15s also are very strong).

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Pardon my ignorance, but where do Trinity 'get' these players from exactly? Do other schools in the CAS 'get' players as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.