• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
From what I've heard the fixtures are changing for next year. I believe its Waves vs Aloys first round for 2016 - not sure who's hosting. Has anyone heard anything along the same lines?

CASrugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Contemplating the CAS fixtures occurring in 2016, one would assume that Waverley and Knox would be the dominant two teams. Barker lacks depth in their year 12 age group, due to this i personally believe that they will struggle to win a game. Trinity has a strong age group for next year, they will also be competing with the dominance of Knox and Waverley. I believe that Aloys will struggle to win games, also due to their lack of depth. Cranbrook seems to have quite a great chance to succeed in the 2016 competition, but too early to tell.
2016 will surely be a tough competition

S

sidelineview

Contemplating the CAS fixtures occurring in 2016, one would assume that Waverley and Knox would be the dominant two teams. Barker lacks depth in their year 12 age group, due to this i personally believe that they will struggle to win a game. Trinity has a strong age group for next year, they will also be competing with the dominance of Knox and Waverley. I believe that Aloys will struggle to win games, also due to their lack of depth. Cranbrook seems to have quite a great chance to succeed in the 2016 competition, but too early to tell.
2016 will surely be a tough competition

You're right, it's too early to tell.
Also, some players will prepare well for the season; getting on the weights and train hard. Others wont.
Some players will grow and naturally develop physically, others won't.
It will be interesting to see the teams run out for the first game.

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
That will depend on who leaves and who joins the school.
Stay tuned.

Waves will have one of there strongest teams in years although they have always have good teams. Possible line up would be something like this
1. F.Wright
2. L.Molloy/A.Hassan
3. ?
4. L. Drew-Morris
5. P. Clifton
6. ?
7. B. O'Sullivan
8. ?
9. M.Bell
10. T.Jordan
11. J.Yoandias
12. T. Fuller
13.?
14.L. Wallace
15.J.Mohi

Looking pretty strong and will only improve with possibly a few new kids coming and younger boys stepping up

S

sidelineview

Waves will have one of there strongest teams in years although they have always have good teams. Possible line up would be something like this
1. F.Wright
2. L.Molloy/A.Hassan
3. ?
4. L. Drew-Morris
5. P. Clifton
6. ?
7. B. O'Sullivan
8. ?
9. M.Bell
10. T.Jordan
11. J.Yoandias
12. T. Fuller
13.?
14.L. Wallace
15.J.Mohi

Looking pretty strong and will only improve with possibly a few new kids coming and younger boys stepping up

You can add some names to that list of possibles: Paea, Cornish, Smith, Carr, Towns, Donaldson, Small, Murphy

Up and under

Stan Wickham (3)
RugbyHd said:
Waves will have one of there strongest teams in years although they have always have good teams. Possible line up would be something like this​
1. F.Wright​
2. L.Molloy/A.Hassan​
3. ?​
4. L. Drew-Morris​
5. P. Clifton​
6. ?​
7. B. O'Sullivan​
8. ?​
9. M.Bell​
10. T.Jordan​
11. J.Yoandias​
12. T. Fuller​
13.?​
14.L. Wallace​
15.J.Mohi​
Looking pretty strong and will only improve with possibly a few new kids coming and younger boys stepping up​

Possible team:

1. L.Smith/F.Wright
2 .F.Wright/A.Hassan
3. J.Paea
4. L.Drew-Morris
5. P.Clifton
6. L.Small/D.Szabo/T.Murphy
7. B.O'Sullivan
8. L.Cornish
9. T.Jordan/M.Bell
10. B.Donaldson/Z.Carr
11. J.Mohi
12. T.Fuller
13. J.Yoandias
14. M.Towns/B.Hardaker/L.Wallace
15. Z.Carr/T.Jordan/J.Mohi

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
RugbyHd said:
Waves will have one of there strongest teams in years although they have always have good teams. Possible line up would be something like this​
1. F.Wright​
2. L.Molloy/A.Hassan​
3. ?​
4. L. Drew-Morris​
5. P. Clifton​
6. ?​
7. B. O'Sullivan​
8. ?​
9. M.Bell​
10. T.Jordan​
11. J.Yoandias​
12. T. Fuller​
13.?​
14.L. Wallace​
15.J.Mohi​
Looking pretty strong and will only improve with possibly a few new kids coming and younger boys stepping up​

Possible team:

1. L.Smith/F.Wright
2 .F.Wright/A.Hassan
3. J.Paea
4. L.Drew-Morris
5. P.Clifton
7. B.O'Sullivan
8. L.Cornish
9. T.Jordan/M.Bell
10. B.Donaldson/Z.Carr
11. J.Mohi
12. T.Fuller
13. J.Yoandias

Who is this paea kid? is he new

S

sidelineview

Possible team:
1. L.Smith/F.Wright
2 .F.Wright/A.Hassan
3. J.Paea
4. L.Drew-Morris
5. P.Clifton
7. B.O'Sullivan
8. L.Cornish
9. T.Jordan/M.Bell
10. B.Donaldson/Z.Carr
11. J.Mohi
12. T.Fuller
13. J.Yoandias
Levi Smith is in the running for a spot on the wing. He went well for the 2nds last season. Zac Carr performed well when given an opportunity on the wing for the 1sts.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who is this paea kid? is he new
<snip>A newcomer to the College is big Jordan Paea - probably starting front row for the first XV next year, I think he may have spent some time at Newington and may also have come via Marist Brothers at Pagewood.<snip>

BTW don't use the "reply to" button for a large post when it is obvious which post you are replying to. If you feel you must make it obvious, then refer to the post number or use something like "^^^" to point to the previous post.

Some folks view the forums on their mobile devices, and it gets very frustrating for them to have to download and scroll through long posts just to get to your one line contribution.

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
Possible team:
1. L.Smith/F.Wright
2 .F.Wright/A.Hassan
3. J.Paea
4. L.Drew-Morris
5. P.Clifton
7. B.O'Sullivan
8. L.Cornish
9. T.Jordan/M.Bell
10. B.Donaldson/Z.Carr
11. J.Mohi
12. T.Fuller
13. J.Yoandias
Levi Smith is in the running for a spot on the wing. He went well for the 2nds last season. Zac Carr performed well when given an opportunity on the wing for the 1sts.

Looking like Waves will be very strong in 2016. Good mix between older boys and some young ones coming through, plenty of depth and some size.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Possible team:
1. L.Smith/F.Wright
2 .F.Wright/A.Hassan
3. J.Paea
4. L.Drew-Morris
5. P.Clifton
7. B.O'Sullivan
8. L.Cornish
9. T.Jordan/M.Bell
10. B.Donaldson/Z.Carr
11. J.Mohi
12. T.Fuller
13. J.Yoandias

Levi Smith has returned to residency in New Zealand, short stint.

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
To early to tell this year, I got to disagree with RugbyHd, I think Barker have got some great youngsters and narrowly went down in the all four games (home/away) against Waves 2nds and 3rds (year 11 depth I assume), not sure how many are returning from the first XV. I also then think Trinity won't be up for it this coming season - once again not sure off the top of my head who's backing up from last year but both went down in cricket scores at Death Valley and 30+ margins at Trinity in 2nds and 3rds.

I think it will be between Waves and Knox and Cranbrook could challenge. But at this point - I hate to say it, my money would be on Knox as a try-to-be non-bias supporter of Waverley, but the boys will train hard and give their all. As usual, can't wait to watch.

When do Waves commence pre season?

KNOX2Win

Bob McCowan (2)
predicted team and reasoning

1 J peia
2 F Wright
3 L Smith
4 P Clifton
5 L Drew Morris
6 L Small/T Murphy
7 Ben O'sullivan (needs to prove himself after a disapointing start, however showed a lot of promise in the 2s and short stints in the 1s in the backend of the 2015 season)
8 L Cornish
9 T Jordan (born to play 9 out of place last 2 years)
10 B Donaldson
11 J Mohi (out of place at 15, needs to just run the ball)
12 T Fuller
13 J Yoannidis
14 M Towns
15 Z carr

This team provides the most depth with people like M Bell, B Hardaker, dzabo, D Cartmer, N gregory and L Wallace all good quality players in the 2s Mohi on the wing will do great things as well as Jordan at 9 will play higher honours is he finds his feet in that role

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
predicted team and reasoning

1 J peia
2 F Wright
3 L Smith
4 P Clifton
5 L Drew Morris
6 L Small/T Murphy
7 Ben O'sullivan (needs to prove himself after a disapointing start, however showed a lot of promise in the 2s and short stints in the 1s in the backend of the 2015 season)
8 L Cornish
9 T Jordan (born to play 9 out of place last 2 years)
10 B Donaldson
11 J Mohi (out of place at 15, needs to just run the ball)
12 T Fuller
13 J Yoannidis
14 M Towns
15 Z carr

This team provides the most depth with people like M Bell, B Hardaker, dzabo, D Cartmer, N gregory and L Wallace all good quality players in the 2s Mohi on the wing will do great things as well as Jordan at 9 will play higher honours is he finds his feet in that role

Strong side Waves should be competitors for the 1sts and ends next year

S

sidelineview

Strong side Waves should be competitors for the 1sts and ends next year

There's a lot of good players to fit into 15 spots. That's a good problem for Waverley to have. It will be interesting to see the combinations the coaches experiment with in the trial matches.

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)
After watching waves play over the past couple of seasons I would say next year would have to be it's strongest.

Predicted 1st XV

1. Jordan Paea
2. Finn Wright 1st
3. Liam Smith 1st/2nd
4. Lachlan Drew-Morris 1st/2nd
5. Pat Clifton 1st
6. Daniel Zsabo 16a/ Tadge Murphey
7. Ben O'Sullivan 1st
8. Liam Cornish
9. Tyzac Jordan 1st
10. Zac Carr 2nd
11. Ben Donaldson 16a
12. Tom Fuller 1st
13. Jaya Yoandias 1st
14. Max Towns 15a
15. Jackson Mohi 1st

Guys like Bell, Hardaker, Wallace and Molloy will all be pushing for spots and and are all capable of doing so. Very experienced team with only four of them yet to taste 1st level. Anyway the coaches at Waverley have good big decisions to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.