• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry247

Allen Oxlade (6)
Knox will be strong, as well as waverley. i am biased towards knox but to be honest waverley are due i think, as well as the knox team not having as much depth as this year.
what about you?

I think it will be between Waves, Knox and Trinity

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Cranbrook are in with a shot ... Mark my words

Generally the schoolboy rugby teams with good fly halfs are a real chance

And I can think of some other good cranbrook players that will be back in 2016 ... That Kemeny being the first to come to mind

Then you have the mat street scholarship kid ... Searle

And as I have previously said ... Good coaches at brook

KNOX2Win

Bob McCowan (2)
Cranbrook are in with a shot . Mark my words

Generally the schoolboy rugby teams with good fly halfs are a real chance

And I can think of some other good cranbrook players that will be back in 2016 . That Kemeny being the first to come to mind

Then you have the mat street scholarship kid . Searle

And as I have previously said . Good coaches at brook

mate you wrap this stenmark like hes a god i dont see it i have watched him play both 16as and 1st XV and have not seen him run the ball once of make a dominant tackle

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
barker will have a decent team with Anstey and a couple of guys from this year, they have a great 9 coming through dave somthing
Dave Tejcek, from this year's Barker, Gordon, Syd and NSW U15s. Will be yr 10, so Barker will get several years of excellent service from him.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
There's a lot of players I don't know across the different schools, esp South Harbour, but heres a few possibles to get the ball rolling:

1. James Frear (K)
4. Alex Trobec (K)
5. Harry ? (B)
6. Tadgh Murphy (W)
9. Dave Tejcek (B)
10. Josh McInerney (K)
11. Max Towns (W)
13. Tom Cameron (K)
14. Ben Shariat (K)
15. Jamie Basheer (B)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
There's a lot of players I don't know across the different schools, esp South Harbour, but heres a few possibles to get the ball rolling:

1. James Frear (K)
4. Alex Trobec (K)
5. Harry ? (B)
6. Tadgh Murphy (W)
8. L moretti (w)
9. Dave Tejcek (B)
10. Josh McInerney (K) d Andrews (w)
11. Max Towns (W)
13. Tom Cameron (K)
14. Ben Shariat (K)
15. Jamie Basheer (B)

Added a few waverley possibles. Above
One of the trinity backs is good too ... I forget his name

Mr Goyu Goodthing

Frank Nicholson (4)
Cas 1st XV predictions

1. T Anstey (barker)
2. unsure
3. C Grindal (knox)/F Wright (Waverley)
4. L Drew Morris (Waverley)
5. H Margine (Knox)
6. M Basson (knox)
7. N Hardina (Aloys)
8. J Wayland (trinity)
9. T jordan (waverley)/P Slaven Aloys
10. M Dainton (Aloys)/ F Stenmark (Cranny)/ T Jordan (Waverley)
11. J Mohi (waverley)
12. J morris (Trinity)/ T Fuller (Waverley)
13. P Slaven (Aloys)/ J Yoannidis (waverley)
14. H Stenning? is he back (Knox)/ L Bosch (Knox)
15. R Longville (Trinity)/J Mohi (Waverley)
Not sure about a couple and im wont be hurt by suggestions, just want to get things going, i like a chat.

Not sure how Knox only get 4-5 players selected in this team after winning 1st, 2nds and 16a's this year? Based in this seasons form alone, the team should have a heavier Knox weighting:
My edits to address this selection bias are:

3. Cutrone - Knox, NSW 15's prop unfortunately injured this year at trials
9. Bosch - Knox, NSW 16's
10. Woodcock - Knox, NSW 16's
12. Armstrong - Knox, NSW 16's
11. Stocks - Knox - lots of tries for Knox this year.

The Trinity 16a's No. 13 is also one to watch.

KNOX2Win

Bob McCowan (2)
Not sure how Knox only get 4-5 players selected in this team after winning 1st, 2nds and 16a's this year? Based in this seasons form alone, the team should have a heavier Knox weighting:
My edits to address this selection bias are:

3. Cutrone - Knox, NSW 15's prop unfortunately injured this year at trials
9. Bosch - Knox, NSW 16's
10. Woodcock - Knox, NSW 16's
12. Armstrong - Knox, NSW 16's
11. Stocks - Knox - lots of tries for Knox this year.

The Trinity 16a's No. 13 is also one to watch.

i am a knox parent myself and Grindal was the CAS 2nds prop this year and is also from knox...
Stocks is a good five eighth and an average outside back in my opinion.
Armstrong i forgot and is a genuine shoe in if he can return to his early season form.
Woodcock is a decent player but is not as good as the 10's listed.
Bosch is listed as a possible winger and could also play fullback.

Good teams are not always full of superstars, and most of the 'superstars' of knox are either graduating (Chapman, Swinton, Williams, Butler, Begg) or listed in the team so im not sure who else you would rather in the team?

S

sidelineview

It sounds like Slaven, Bosch and Jordan are genuine utility backs who can play several different positions. Are they the only ones? It will be interesting if they all play scrum half next season, although I can't see Slaven playing in that position for Aloys. He's too dangerous as an outside back.
They will be handy players for the CAS coaches to have in their squad.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mostly backs in our nominations aren't they ??

Didn't know Longville and Slaven were back - they can play.
Lee,

Slaven and Longville both back which is good news. The forwards mentioned will all be a year older and stronger, barring injury will lay a strong foundation for any team which they play in. Morris , Dainton and Armstrong all missed the rep season this year looking forward to how the season shapes up next year.

S

sidelineview

Towns is a centre isn't he? and Barker have a few more possibles

I think he played mostly outside centre but as an outside back he could play wing and even fullback. He's fast and skillful.

GGRFollower

Bob McCowan (2)
i am a knox parent myself and Grindal was the CAS 2nds prop this year and is also from knox.
Stocks is a good five eighth and an average outside back in my opinion.
Armstrong i forgot and is a genuine shoe in if he can return to his early season form.
Woodcock is a decent player but is not as good as the 10's listed.
Bosch is listed as a possible winger and could also play fullback.

Good teams are not always full of superstars, and most of the 'superstars' of knox are either graduating (Chapman, Swinton, Williams, Butler, Begg) or listed in the team so im not sure who else you would rather in the team?

Sorry Mr "Knox2Win" - I couldn't disagree more. I reckon that each of those proposed players is very capable of making CAS 1st XV next year.

S

sidelineview

Sorry Mr "Knox2Win" - I couldn't disagree more. I reckon that each of those proposed players is very capable of making CAS 1st XV next year.

They're all good players. Deciding who to select will be a good problem for the CAS coaches to have next year. The back lines for the CAS 1sts and 2nds will be very strong.

BargingBarnes03

Frank Row (1)
Waverleys upcoming (predicted) 4 and 5 looking to be filled with Clifton and Drew- Morris, these two are 2 of the quickest locks i have seen in Schoolboy Rugby. Morris heavily featured in Waverleys latest 2nd XV highlights, this is shaping up and looking to be a very mobile pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.