• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

I get your point and good comments but meaningless? that's maybe not the right word. Its the only rugby Comp the 5 schools play in, so it is important for obvious reasons but relative as far as its standard is concerned compared to other Associations.
But come Rep time it's different, then the comparisons can be seen.
And from memory the 2014 Knox team was beaten by Cranbrook in the first round? and beaten by Waverley in their second clash so no they didn't thrash every team by 50.
And the 2014 CAS U16s defeated GPS in the Final as well.
I get your point but hardly meaningless.

TheOracle83

Stan Wickham (3)
And Cornish is an ex Wallaby and one of the shrewdest coaches going around.
CAS has produced a multitude of rep players from the likes of Finegan Shephard Gleeson Charles Alexander Foley Stirzaker Sio Debrezni
CAS beat GPS every 3 - 4 years on average until the CAS stopped using Aths to lead into Rugby season and adopted the 2 round system which has seen standards drop from beating GPS and ISA to being popped by 40+ by both last year.

TheOracle83

Stan Wickham (3)
Nonetheless the tradition remains. Knox have all the gear and chat and resources and Waverley - a nursery of countless Wallabies over the years remains their biggest thorn in their side & have an edge in mental toughness. Game on!

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
It wouldn't
It would . CAS and GPS would have 1 round of each( NZ Ranfurly shield style) and then play each other in between to then have a final at the end of the season to see who is the best ISA GPS or CAS team. Obviously GPS schools would be the favourites but every now and then an Augustine's/Waverley/Oakhill/Knox would challenge. Otherwise Rugby will continue to die ....

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
And that is why Knox Waverley games as a tradition are important ! The likes of Charles Alexander Carter Mitchell Stirzaker duelling with Turinui Hoiles Finegan Freir Cross.....been a while between good rep players though Waves ...apart from Talakai. Cmon Waves lift your game

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
CAS will always be second/third/fourth to GPS as all the rugby obsessed parents send their kids to GPS schools for an "education"............at the end of the day the kids who go onto colts and grade are the ones who have a passion for rugby and the school boy "heros" live in their bygone years...any person who describes themselves as a great school boy rugby player is sadly living in the past.

Troy Dickson

Herbert Moran (7)
CAS will always be second/third/fourth to GPS as all the rugby obsessed parents send their kids to GPS schools for an "education"....at the end of the day the kids who go onto colts and grade are the ones who have a passion for rugby and the school boy "heros" live in their bygone years.any person who describes themselves as a great school boy rugby player is sadly living in the past.

Parents can send their kids to whatever school they choose, it is their money and their life. No different to a swimmer or rower or even a parent who into academics, rugby no different. None of your business what school another chooses to send their child. It is apparent you support a non-GPS school.

"any person who describes themselves as a great school boy rugby player is sadly living in the past." - are you talking from experience ?? bahaha

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
It is the parents money and the kids life.

Yes am talking from experience played with a lot of schoolboy heros and after a couple of years when I was playing first grade they were all gone. But I was from a lowly GPS school.

TheOracle83

Stan Wickham (3)
Personally I like the feel to this match. Good weather. Good build up. And this Knox team when on show against some real pressure buckled v the Joeys boys. And Waves always turn up! Leaguies always do! I think Waves will have a real crack at the tackle as this is an area where Knox could be weak. Also I think Knox will rue the loss of that super star they had who now runs around for Newington. What was his name? Bailey? A great team player who sets up tries. They used to be 30 points worse off without him in the day. I think Knox are going to feel some pressure. And the expectation of winning in what is meant to be their GOLDEN year could be too great. Imagine if they lost. At home. In their final year. Believe! Carn Waves. Just give it your best shot! You've nothing to lose !

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
Personally I like the feel to this match. Good weather. Good build up. And this Knox team when on show against some real pressure buckled v the Joeys boys. And Waves always turn up! Leaguies always do! I think Waves will have a real crack at the tackle as this is an area where Knox could be weak. Also I think Knox will rue the loss of that super star they had who now runs around for Newington. What was his name? Bailey? A great team player who sets up tries. They used to be 30 points worse off without him in the day. I think Knox are going to feel some pressure. And the expectation of winning in what is meant to be their GOLDEN year could be too great. Imagine if they lost. At home. In their final year. Believe! Carn Waves. Just give it your best shot! You've nothing to lose !
I doubt it! Knox lost to Joeys because they wanted to peak for this game! They will prove to be the best CAS Knox team ever!

TheOracle83

Stan Wickham (3)
Enough Des Hasleresque talking up the opposition & down our team. Knox trained with clinical precision today. The talk was about exerting physical domination over the Gold V. And to do it for our HM who is such an inspiration to our team. We respect Waverley who are a pretty tidy outfit. But Knoxy Knoxy Power Rangers will lead us to triumphant jubilation. Just too much class. Everyone should come and watch a master class on Saturday at Warrawee at the greatest schoolboy venue for watching & playing Rugby !
. This sounds like one of the players from their team. Game on !

Status
Not open for further replies.