• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilfer99

Frank Row (1)
At Willoughby. A place where Knox tends to struggle. Though I think this year may be a little different: I believe Aloy's injury toll is mounting. Uncontested scrums may be seen in the 2nds at the very least.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All injured players from last week should be back aside from prop injured against barker, with Danton set to play. Aloys will be close to full strength but I agree they will struggle against a strong Knox outfit, despite the lift of playing at home

Kilgore Trout

Herbert Moran (7)
All injured players from last week should be back aside from prop injured against barker, with Danton set to play. Aloys will be close to full strength but I agree they will struggle against a strong Knox outfit, despite the lift of playing at home

Is there any archive of results over recent years that is accessible via the Internet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I did hear of someone who was compiling detailed results going way back - but it's a bit like the Loch Ness monster; people have heard of it, but it never surfaced.

Incidentally, Searl, Stewart and one of the Burstons are out for Cranbrook this week, making Trinity warm favourites at Summer Hill.

Jarryd Hayne

Stan Wickham (3)
I thought this was interesting; Top try scorers first 4 rounds:

Mohi (W) 4 Tries
Basson (K) 5 Tries
Kane (K) 4 Tries
Carr (W)
Stenmark (C)
Stewart (C)
Armstrong (K) 3 Tries
Woodcock (K)
Stocks (K)

S

sidelineview

I thought this was interesting; Top try scorers first 4 rounds:

Mohi (W) 4 Tries ------8 tries
Carr (W) -------------6 tries
Basson (K) 5 Tries
Kane (K) 4 Tries
Stenmark (C) ------- 4 tries
Stewart (C) ---------- 4 tries
Armstrong (K) 3 Tries
Woodcock (K) --------- 3 tries
Stocks (K)
--- ?

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Thanks for fact checking SV. Yes, I got Mohi wrong. Apologies. However, the CAS Rugby site only has Mr Carr for 1 x try in round 1, and 3 x tries in round 4. Please advise if this is incorrect?
I believe the with the rest we are consistent. Cheers

Carr scored two in round 1. Do the maths it doesn't add up as it currently stands for the score.

And I count 8 on the site for Mohi.

1- 4 tries
2- 2 tries
3- 1 try
4- 1 try

So Carr 6, Mohi 8.

S

sidelineview

Thanks for fact checking SV. Yes, I got Mohi wrong. Apologies. However, the CAS Rugby site only has Mr Carr for 1 x try in round 1, and 3 x tries in round 4. Please advise if this is incorrect?
I believe the with the rest we are consistent. Cheers

Mohi - 8 tries
Carr - 6 tries

Round 1 - Mohi 4 & Carr 2
Round 2 - Mohi 2
Round 3 - Mohi 1 & Carr 1 (but credit was given to Yoannidis incorrectly in the Match report)
Round 4 - Mohi 1 & Carr 3

GGRFollower

Bob McCowan (2)

This is a fair reflection of the various team's attacking abilities.
Also, probably not a bad CAS backline:
Halfback - TBC
Woodcock
Armstrong
Stenmark
Mohi
Carr/ Kane
Stocks

Sure, people will criticise for being Knox heavy. However the stats speak for themselves.

CAS_RumourMill

Bob McCowan (2)
LATE MAIL:

CAS Rumour Mill goes through the latest Knox fixture.

Knox vs Aloys: The high flying top of the table vs the cellar dwellers. It's hard to see Aloys pulling off the upset of the century in this fixture particularly with the injury toll mounting, taking arguably it most important scalp, Aaron Jeffery. However, having 63 points put on them by a Waverley side that Knox rolled over in the 2nd half at home can only do good for the Aloys side who will have to turn up with their heads screwed on if they are to remain competitive in this one. Overall, this could end up being a bloodbath if Knox turn up and smell the blood in he water. But that has rarely happened this season. We all sensed it when they destroyed Waverley's game plan in the 2nd half of their fixture 2 weeks ago. In saying that, this was a half in which the game plan worked. Aloys are an awkward side and often don't play with a set structure but rather target certain players. Alas, nothing can save the blue and gold, it should be a good weekend for the black and blue. Knox by 60+.

Once again this weekend Zac Tilley will start on the wing as Tom Cameron (who has been playing excellent rugby) still struggles with an ankle complaint. However, you get the sense this is merely precautionary. Zac Tilley was much improved last week but the pressure is certainly on this week to back up and play a similarly strong game. James Armstrong continues his champagne form in a back-line that has had deceptive strength. Harry Stocks was understated in his role last year but has shone in his recent games and will be unlucky not to score a treble this weekend.

CAS Rumour Mill was unable to analyse this weekend's Aloysius lineup however rumours have circulated that names such as Hrdina, Slaven and Dainton are still on the string of casualties. This has been Aloys downfall. They came heartbreakingly close to beating a lacklustre Barker last week (and in fact should have won the game on several occasions.)

More late mail to come tomorrow.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Round 5 predictions.

It's likely to be a dire weekend weather wise so the football gods will be shining upon the teams with an adequate plan B.

Knox Vs Aloysius

Knox to win comfortably 47-10 in a pick and drive/driving maul Masterclass in the wet. The Knox plan B is actually their plan A. They play wet weather footy in dry weather conditions and this weekend will definitely suit their style of play. It will be a hard week for Aloysius with 7 of their first XV currently out injured. Man of the match will be Basson with 2 tries. Rahme will be the best for Aloysius, he is proving to be one of the players of the season so far for Alos, and they will be excited to see how he grows over the rest of this season and the next.

Cranbrook Vs Trinity.

The loss of Searle with have a massive impact on the game. His kicking game would have made a huge difference in the wet. Stenmark will need to step up with big shoes to fill to direct the game around the paddock. A wet game will suit trinity who have the forward pack to overpower most sides with the inconsistent backline struggling so far this season. Kemmeny will cement his spot in the CAS 1st XV with a dominant display in a losing team.

Trinity to win 12-7 with Wayland from Trinity man of the match.

Waverley Vs Barker

The toughest game of the round to call with Barker building solidly after their win against Aloysius last week. Expect a big game from Coghill to push his claim for CAS 2nds. Anstey is returning this week for Barker as well which will
Make a huge difference in their pack. The team is still very raw and may find an experienced Waverley side difficult to topple. Waverley's brand of football is very flairy, unless they have set up a different plan for the weekend, it may be difficult for them to put on the points they have previously. The difference between the two teams will be the kicking game of Donaldson and Jordan who will direct their team around around the paddock and cement their positions in CAS teams.

Waverley to win 28-15. Patrick Clifton to be man of the match with a hat trick of tries In a game played in the forwards.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
verse (verses. Plural)
noun
1. (not in technical use) a stanza.
2. a succession of metrical feet written, printed, or orally composed as one line; one of the lines of a poem.
3.a particular type of metrical line: a hexameter verse.
4. a poem, or piece of poetry.
5. metrical composition; poetry, especially as involving metrical form.
6. metrical writing distinguished from poetry because of its inferior quality:
a writer of verse, not poetry.
7.a particular type of metrical composition: elegiac verse.
8. the collective poetry of an author, period, nation, etc.: Miltonian verse; American verse.
9. one of the short conventional divisions of a chapter of the Bible.
10. Music. that part of a song following the introduction and preceding the chorus.
a part of a song designed to be sung by a solo voice.
11. Rare. a line of prose, especially a sentence, or part of a sentence, written as one line.
12. Rare. a subdivision in any literary work.

adjective
13. of, relating to, or written in verse:
a verse play.

verb (used without object), versed, versing.
14. versify.

verb (used with object), versed, versing.
15. to express in verse.

Can be confused:
verses, versus
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/verse

versus
preposition
1. against (used especially to indicate an action brought by one party against another in a court of law, or to denote competing teams or players in a sports contest): Smith versus Jones; Army versus Navy.
2. as compared to or as one of two choices; in contrast with: traveling by plane versus traveling by train.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/versus

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
verse (verses. Plural)
noun
1. (not in technical use) a stanza.
2. a succession of metrical feet written, printed, or orally composed as one line; one of the lines of a poem.
3.a particular type of metrical line: a hexameter verse.
4. a poem, or piece of poetry.
5. metrical composition; poetry, especially as involving metrical form.
6. metrical writing distinguished from poetry because of its inferior quality:
a writer of verse, not poetry.
7.a particular type of metrical composition: elegiac verse.
8. the collective poetry of an author, period, nation, etc.: Miltonian verse; American verse.
9. one of the short conventional divisions of a chapter of the Bible.
10. Music. that part of a song following the introduction and preceding the chorus.
a part of a song designed to be sung by a solo voice.
11. Rare. a line of prose, especially a sentence, or part of a sentence, written as one line.
12. Rare. a subdivision in any literary work.

adjective
13. of, relating to, or written in verse:
a verse play.

verb (used without object), versed, versing.
14. versify.

verb (used with object), versed, versing.
15. to express in verse.

Can be confused:
verses, versus
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/verse

versus
preposition
1. against (used especially to indicate an action brought by one party against another in a court of law, or to denote competing teams or players in a sports contest): Smith versus Jones; Army versus Navy.
2. as compared to or as one of two choices; in contrast with: traveling by plane versus traveling by train.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/versus

Great feedback. Thanks.

I suppose now I know why you are called Hugh Jarse.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Does anyone know how 'secure' the locations will be for tomorrow. That is, if the weather is going to be as bad as expected, will any games be called of or relocated. Though it may be too early to worry about that right now.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
CAS late mail. Barker's Anstey unlikely to start against Waves. He wants to be 100% for Trinity, despite being keen to play tomorrow.

At the Brook. Burston could be out for the season. Doyle (9) is in the 2nds while Reynolds gets promoted to the 1sts. Harrison and Searle are out. Stenmark playing at 10 while Renton comes in at 15. Given what I have seen of Renton, he needs to bee closer to the ruck.

Stenmark was targeted last week by the Waves ball carriers with a good degree of success.

Renton on the other hand is very sound at tackling and has been playing rep footy at 10/12 most of his life. He is a big fast kid too with great hands. Given the wholesale change at 9/10/12 for Cranbrook, giving Renton a go on the inside seems low risk.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Does anyone know how 'secure' the locations will be for tomorrow. That is, if the weather is going to be as bad as expected, will any games be called of or relocated. Though it may be too early to worry about that right now.

Barker No 1 will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.