• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)
So Barker are playing Reimer, Kitchener and Tjeck who are all in the 16's in the 1sts? Anyone know if any other players are stepping up?

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Waverley had another internal trial yesterday to determine the teams vs. Newington and their Canberra tour in two weeks time. I think the teams are out already

Rugbytragic2015

Bob McCowan (2)
Unfortunately Knox too strong today beating Auggies 31-15. It was a good competition with both sides making good yards up the middle. Knox line out wasn't working and Auggies centres were a handful. However Jnox were very well drilled and had a great rolling maul.

Players of the game included:

Knox 10 who scored a try and converted 3
No. 3 prop - very fast
15 - fantastic first half but went off injured,
And man of the match was number 8 who scored twice and dominated

Auggies 18 had a great game and was a handful
12 and 13 also played well with searching runs.
My post from the ISA thread

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
looks like Knox are firming as favorites . unless St Augustines is having a rare weak year?

Either way the Joeys v Knox fixture on April 30 will be interesting!

Was Matt Williams still the Knox coach . as I was thinking that posts re his departure might have been BS?

Who was the knox 8? Someone stepping up to fill Swinton's big boots ..

Re the Under 16s . I wouldn't take too much from that result . St Augustines have always been ridiculously strong in that age group

and good to see Cameron still playing in his right age group as the Waverley v Knox 16As should be a full strength affair
Williams is officially coaching the u16s with Tai Glassie the 1sts, but I think williams stays pretty heavily involved with the Opens.

Basson is the 8 and was there last year as a year 11 lad. He has a strong Gotdon reps background.

Agree re 16s Knox v Waves shaping as a ripper.

If there is an U16 school boys team in any of the various associations who can knock over a full strength Augs I've not seen them. The u16s all schools tournament in July should be a cracker if a large no. Of the Augs boys make the ISA team as they deserve to do.

S

sidelineview

Information received from the 7's forum .... Waverley are the only CAS team competing in the Scots 7's

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
People - if you want to criticise a post by a certain person that is fair game so long as you don't make it personal.

Sometimes the borderline is blurry but rest assured - if you mention the name of a schoolboy in such a response - you are on the wrong side of the border.

No more.

S

sidelineview

Sideline, how do you think they will go ?

I really have no idea. I think the competition will be very stiff.
Three Scots teams, Kings NZ, The Kings School, Riverview, Canberra Grammar .......
It sounds like it will be worth a look at least .... will be interesting.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
I really have no idea. I think the competition will be very stiff.
Three Scots teams, Kings NZ, The Kings School, Riverview, Canberra Grammar ...
It sounds like it will be worth a look at least .. will be interesting.

With murphy and Cornish injured this year will be a big loss but still think they have the right cattle to go all the way this year and I do think they will be extremely competive in the the scots 7's comp.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
With murphy and Cornish injured this year will be a big loss but still think they have the right cattle to go all the way this year and I do think they will be extremely competive in the the scots 7's comp.
Are these serious injuries or just out for the 7s? Would be a huge blow to Waves if longer term

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
yes it will be interesting to see the Waverley team ... as while there are some that are 100% definites, seems like a few spots up for grabs

I'd like to see tyzac at 9 myself ... although he is one that obviously will be there, just question of where

plus they are coming up against a Newington team that might not be as red hot as 2014, but certainly it has some high profile names ... Kearns, Poidevin and the son of the All Black.

Interesting info elsewhere on Aloys pre-season form ... who was the 12 that showed up Sheldon?

VB and Koalas

Frank Row (1)
i believe the Aloys 12 was Pat Flaherty in year 11

Yes Aloys 12 was Flaherty in year 11. A great versatile player who plays well in the backrow aswell, but chosen as 12 due to no real other choice

- Hes one of those danger players that can dominate his oppositions 12 even if they're much bigger in size

Very deceivingly powerful in contact and skilful with ball in hand if he has a good season this year and a big off season for next year i think he could go far in his schoolboy rugby.

Who will he be marking from the other CAS teams?
Trinity - Murphy?
Brook - Searl?

Onside

Frank Nicholson (4)
Okay on Sat we have Barker v Oakhill @ Oakhill, Waverley v Newington @ Newington and Trinity play half a game v Shore @ Northbridge. Any knowledge of Knox, Cranbrook and Alos games? Their websites don't seem to allow access to sport details.

Status
Not open for further replies.