• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmBrickWall

Frank Row (1)
After watching a few games this season I think Reimer (B) is a stand out in the back row. He is looking good and a definite contender for the 7 spot in the CAS team

bigboy

Stan Wickham (3)
After watching a few games this season I think Reimer (B) is a stand out in the back row. He is looking good and a definite contender for the 7 spot in the CAS team

Reimer is certainly a class player, but because he is in yr10, he would probably play in the CAS 16s team

S

sidelineview

Knox had a minor aberration v Joeys. Over worked the week of that game and have returned to their true abilities and will assert their supreme dominance over this competition. On the back of awesome set piece they will create huge time and space for their backs to run riot. I'm expecting their back 3 to show that they deserve to be in CAS 1's contention. Honestly Waves will struggle to contain the Warrawee juggernaut!

Supreme dominance .. ? .... powerful words.
The Waves backs will be in for a real test this week, but then again so will the Knox backs.
Defence might be the key factor rather than attack, although there are some talented attacking backs from both teams who can turn a game in the blink of an eye.
If the Waves forwards can win their fair share of the ball and control it, it should be a competitive game.
O'Sullivan is extremely fit . he'll go all day. and he's strong as well with good ball skills. He might not shine as much as some other players but the team loses a helluva lot when he isn't there because he's such a workhorse.
Kemeny from Cranbrook played well last season, so it will be interesting to see how he fires this year.
Stewart from Brook is another one to watch; he played 15 in the 2nds last year but looked to have all the skills as well as pace. I'm not sure how he is defensively.

oldandslow

Herbert Moran (7)
Yet to see Knox play, but Waverley's strength is definitely the backs.

The forwards don't have any stand-outs, but perhaps that's because they're just doing their job and getting clean ball to the backs? The key for Waverley is Tyzac Jordan (9). I expect if you'd swapped him for Trinity's scrum-half last weekend it would have changed the result. He's got a great pass, he tells his fowards what to do, his is accurate, clever and bossy. Best CAS scrum-half I've seen for a while.

oldandslow

Herbert Moran (7)
Having been on the receiving end of some "minor aberrations against Joeys" (albeit a long time ago), I'm comfortable with the description!

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Having been on the receiving end of some "minor aberrations against Joeys" (albeit a long time ago), I'm comfortable with the description!
Getting flogged by joeys wasn't an aberration for me back in my playing days but part of the norm.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Knox had a minor aberration v Joeys. Over worked the week of that game and have returned to their true abilities and will assert their supreme dominance over this competition. On the back of awesome set piece they will create huge time and space for their backs to run riot. I'm expecting their back 3 to show that they deserve to be in CAS 1's contention. Honestly Waves will struggle to contain the Warrawee juggernaut!

I'm still trying to work out whether this post is serious or an attempt at sarcasm.:confused:

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
I'm still trying to work out whether this post is serious or an attempt at sarcasm.:confused:
It's pretty simple. Knox have not lost to Waverley in this age group ever. They have 5 NSW u/16s from 2014 & have won every premiership on the way up. Throw in their elite summer rugby program & the aerial mastery of tall timber Frost whose a great athlete by the way & any kick or lineout will be dealt with ease. A noted weakness of Waverleys. Then there's possibly the best back to ever represent Knox in his third year at this level & an Aussie 7s 18s rep in Armstrong. Freakishly good ball skills & breakdown work. Their back 3 are all very quick over 20 working with the best speed coach in Australia. It should be 35-17.

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
I forgot to add that when Aloysius got some ball against Waverley they were on top for long periods. Now Alos got done by Cranbrook who were sparked by the Warrawee juggernaut. Catch the drift now " Quick hands"? Love the name by the way. Hopefully we'll see plenty of that come Saturday:)- from both teams - good referee permitting.

Tahs247

Allen Oxlade (6)
Couple of big clashes on the weekend at Knox. Not only in the 1's with both teams being undefeated but also the 2nd's, the 16's should be a great game again both 2 from 2. Bring it on!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It's pretty simple. Knox have not lost to Waverley in this age group ever. They have 5 NSW u/16s from 2014 & have won every premiership on the way up. Throw in their elite summer rugby program & the aerial mastery of tall timber Frost whose a great athlete by the way & any kick or lineout will be dealt with ease. A noted weakness of Waverleys. Then there's possibly the best back to ever represent Knox in his third year at this level & an Aussie 7s 18s rep in Armstrong. Freakishly good ball skills & breakdown work. Their back 3 are all very quick over 20 working with the best speed coach in Australia. It should be 35-17.

I was thinking more of the Joeys aberation and the supreme dominance part.;)

As you say, with all the resources that have gone into the Knox programme recently, a win against Waverley would be expected.

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
Couple of big clashes on the weekend at Knox. Not only in the 1's with both teams being undefeated but also the 2nd's, the 16's should be a great game again both 2 from 2. Bring it on!
Mouth-watering stuff. Always good when these two old foes of very different styles go head to head. Regardless of form though & history Waverley always " turn up". Surely they will be keen to avenge for the humiliation at Death Valley in round 1 in 2015. 41-0 wasn't it? And 8 returning from Knox in 2016. A golden age for them right now.

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
If they can't win this they'll never win. They're as well resourced as the RFU. They've got size, scale & dosh. A true powerhouse of school rugby which was their goal I believe. That's why the Joeys game came as very surprising.

Tahs247

Allen Oxlade (6)
When was the last time Waverley won the comp? Would've been at least 5 years. I can definitely see the shield heading there way in the next 2 to 3 years

S

sidelineview

It's pretty simple. Knox have not lost to Waverley in this age group ever.

Lost a game you mean? this is the Opens. Waverley 1st XV defeated Knox at Death Valley in 2014 in the biggest upset in years. I recall the Knox camp was spruiking their supreme dominance and invincibility previous to that game as well. Waverley, being the underdogs, had nothing to lose before that game as well, but Knox on the other hand ...........

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah sorry you can't write off the boys, each year the resources, training and experience grows from the last and I think this year and the next are do or die for the fellas. But, this is Waves biggest game of the season no doubt, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd XV are all undefeated and I think this proves to be the deciding game of the CAS premeirship (I'd be flabbergasted if you thought otherwise - other than the reverse fixture at DV). I thought I heard the boys may be putting buses on from the College to get people out there I am not sure. Just a little bit of history, this Knox juggernaut you speak of, until last year had not won at Death Valley since 2008, and if anything this juggernaut status is new-founded, as I remember the good old days of Waverley putting 40 on them home and away in 2009, 2011 and 2012. Can't beat that feeling, anyway win or lose, if Waverley do not lose again until the reverse fixture, I gaurentee you it will be the biggest crowd I've possibly ever seen down there in all my years. And it's not called Death Valley for a reason. Waverley by single digits this weekend.

Kilgore Trout

Herbert Moran (7)
How do Waverley score 17 against the team of Titans you describe? I am a strong devotee of not counting chickens and it isn't over until the fat lady sings. The fact that they have never lost in this age group is somewhat irrelevant with both teams having lads from other age groups in them now. May the best team prevail and rugby be the real winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.