• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeedok

Allen Oxlade (6)
All the talk of excessive rolling mauls and Northern hemisphere play is over blown IMHO. I was there and I thought it was a cracking match, with willingness from both sides to play with ball in hand. Knox scored 6 tries; if 2 came from the rolling maul, that means 4 came from elsewhere -- not a bad haul if you ask me. You could add at least 2 other try opportunities bombed by backs too.

As mentioned, the Knox boys stuck in towards the end of the first half and stood up in the second with some big defensive hits getting them back on the front foot.

These comments about 'schools not giving back to others' -- WTF? How does a rugby match give you any clue for what a school stands for??

Up the Bunnies

Frank Row (1)
Knox vs Waverley great game!

Knox held in and stepped up in the 2nd half!

Player of the day would have to go to (5) Lachlan Ireland, had a great game overall and was a key contributor to knox's great win!

S

sidelineview

Knox vs Waverley great game!

Knox held in and stepped up in the 2nd half!

Player of the day would have to go to (5) Lachlan Ireland, had a great game overall and was a key contributor to knox's great win!

Wasn't that Nicholas Frost?

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
There's some pretty decent sour grapes being shown on here.

If Knox or any other school decide to spend their fees in a certain way, that is a matter for that school. Moralising doesn't wash - ie "you only won because you have a professional coach".

If one school wants to stick by older amateuristic morals fine, but you will have to cop your losses to the more professional outfit, without the moralising. Look at the GPS comp - it will only get more pro over time.

And there is also nothing wrong with having a coach who can teach boys to form a dominant forward pack. It's something we sorely lack in Australia.

TheOracle83

Stan Wickham (3)
Great game by Waves & congrats to Knox for turning it round. If Waves had Captain Drew-Morris to settle things would have been interesting. The 2nd Round will be a cracker and with it all to play for but ONLY if both regroup as they will be vulnerable after this ferocious encounter.
Waves must TCB on Cranbrook and that won't b easy.
Knox have shown they can be rattled & Trinity will give it to them on their home ground under their talented young coach.

TheOracle83

Stan Wickham (3)
Great game by Waves & congrats to Knox for turning it round. If Waves had Captain Drew-Morris to settle things would have been interesting. The 2nd Round will be a cracker and with it all to play for but ONLY if both regroup as they will be vulnerable after this ferocious encounter.
Knox have shown they can be rattled & Trinity will give it to them on their home ground under their talented young coach.
Yet it was a shame to see so few Waverley people there. They are very exciting to watch and could have done with some more moral support when things turned in the second half

TheOracle83

Stan Wickham (3)
Finally! A team to compete with GPS. I'd name 7 fresh reserves for this one to avoid and absolute pantsing and actually have a chance.
1-Wav
2-Upton K
3-Wayland -T
4- Frost K
5- Drew Morris W
6- Rasch T ( captain)
7- Kemeny C
8- Basson K
9 Jordan W
10 Dainton A
11 Mohi W
12 Fuller W
13 Joannidis W
14 Armstrong K
15 Stocks K
16 Bosch K
17 Morris T
18 Tuitavake T or Waverley 8
19 Stenmark C or Searl C
20 Margin ( K )
21 GRINDAL ( K)
22 Alos hooker
Simple structures- let the Waves backs combine with Dainton & have Knoxs exciting Armstrong & Stocks have space. Forwards could use the Knox lineout and maul combined with the 3 captains Rasch Kemeny & Drew Morris. We could match if substitute shrewdly as game gets on. Having a fresh Margin,Tuitavake or the Waverley 8, Grindal could give us something at the collision in the last 20.

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
I'd go with

1. ?
2. Upton (K)
3. Wayland (T)
4. Frost (K)
5. Clifton (W)
6. Rasch (T)
7. Kemeny (C)
8. Basson (K)
9. Jordan (W)
10. Dainton (A)
11. Mohi (W)
12. Morris (T)
13. Armstrong (K)
14. Stocks (K)
15. Longville (T)

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)

"Talented young coach? Do you mean Hugo Engele? The guy has hardly won a game in the 3 years he's been there.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
Correct me if I'm wrong ... with all this talk about a professional coach vs a Maths teacher coach, but don't both Knox and Waverley (and every other team for that matter), have TWO coaches - a forward coach and a backs coach? Or is it 'Head Coach' and 'Assistant Coach'?

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Correct me if I'm wrong . with all this talk about a professional coach vs a Maths teacher coach, but don't both Knox and Waverley (and every other team for that matter), have TWO coaches - a forward coach and a backs coach? Or is it 'Head Coach' and 'Assistant Coach'?
Along with an awful lot of club rugby teams from about U12s on. Therefore..........?

Up the Bunnies

Frank Row (1)
I believe this is a strong team (CAS) that I've put together after the weekend to match GPS! Big and strong forward pack, with a quick and dynamic backline. Unsure for who the number 1 jersey goes to as M. Cutrone (K) and T. Anstey (B) are unavailable.

1. ?
2. M. Coghill (B)
3. J. Wayland (T)
4. L. Ireland (K)
5. N. Frost (K)
6. L. Rasch (T)
7. J. Kemeny
8. M. Basson (K) (Captain)
9. L. Bosch (K)
10. M. Dainton
11. J. Mohi (W)
12. Morris (T)
13. J. Armstrong (K)
14. J. Joannidis (W)
15. H. Stocks (K)

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Doesn't look far off, Up The Bunnies, but I wonder whether Jordan (W) might not pinch the 9 jersey and it will be hard to keep Longville (T) from the 15 spot. Woodcock (K) will be a contender for 10.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
I believe this is a strong team (CAS) that I've put together after the weekend to match GPS! Big and strong forward pack, with a quick and dynamic backline. Unsure for who the number 1 jersey goes to as M. Cutrone (K) and T. Anstey (B) are unavailable.

1. ?
2. M. Coghill (B)
3. J. Wayland (T)
4. L. Ireland (K)
5. N. Frost (K)
6. L. Rasch (T)
7. J. Kemeny
8. M. Basson (K) (Captain)
9. L. Bosch (K)
10. M. Dainton
11. J. Mohi (W)
12. Morris (T)
13. J. Armstrong (K)
14. J. Joannidis (W)
15. H. Stocks (K)
Wayland plays 1 though doesn't he? Or are you suggesting he might be a better 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.