• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Team,

Some points of interest re 13's and the younger teams these days.
This may go somewhat to addressing SDW's comments.

These days many of these young boys from Waverley, and from a lot of schools, not only play for their school on sat but also play club footy on Sunday.
In the Waverley 13's there are plenty of these boys, and many play union for school on sat, and league on Sunday and some union on Sunday.

What I have noticed is that those who also play league have arguably more skills than those who play union alone. By that I mean they tackle better, hit the line more directly and have great ball skills eg off loading.

Last sat. we saw a great game between the waves and a strong knox 13a's team. Waverley held off knox for some time at the end, on the Waverley line, simply due to great defence. Some of the head on tackles saved certain tries, and in the end the game, which the waves won 15-12.

In relation to wash outs, fitness etc, I believe playing on sat and Sunday and training for school and club each week certainly makes up for the odd lost match.

I think it's fair to say that today's boys are bigger, stronger and have more developed skills that in years gone by for all these reasons.
If you saw the Knox v Waverley 1sts game last weekend ALL of that was on show.

Show and go22

Bob McCowan (2)
Although Cranbrook possess a dominant 10,12,13 there forward pack will be dominated by a much more physical Waverley pack
Waverley will have no problems with the scrums although Cranbrooks line out is very solid
Will be a good contest although Waverley should get the win
Aloys vs Barker will be a close encounter but aloys home advantage for their double header should get them over the line

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Early cranbrook results

W def C in 16A's, score unknown
W def C in 3rds 66-0
W def C in 2nds 29-0
Early in the firsts 7-0 Waverley through Drew-Morris pick and drive

B

Backline_Move

Well done to Trinity. Showed great tenacity today. They were very unlucky to have the points scored against them.

Knox scored off a blatant obstruction (plus their driving mail which is also an obstruction) and their halfback should not have been playing this weekend.

The Knox juggernaught is truly crumbling.

The Knox juggernaught is no longer showing signs of good sportsmanship.

Hopefully this is the end of Matt Williams career at Knox.

B

Backline_Move

@Backline_move. Do you mean Bosch?

Yes speaking to the Trinity headmaster today he was very surprised that Bosch was playing.

I'm not sure of the reason, but he said he was going to take it to the CAS committee to have it questioned.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Really just shows the Knox way - to win at all cost, no respect for opposition and no respect for Waverley. From what I've heard after watching the games video from last week of Waverleys victory, Knox saw T.Jordan (Wav 9) stomp or use his foot in some way or form inappropriately in a ruck, but Waverley also saw Bosch throw a close fisted punch which went without punishment. Both schools agreed they would internally suspend both players for the next weeks round as to not make a massive fuss about it. T.Jordan did not play today, Bosch did. Knox true colours of mental weaknesses are shining through, from what I here, played terribly and conceded 22 from Trinity at home. If this title was on differential it would be in Waverleys hand. Scummy move if we're honest, Bosch is a good player, could have been the difference playing a back-up scrum half and losing.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Really just shows the Knox way - to win at all cost, no respect for opposition and no respect for Waverley. From what I've heard after watching the games video from last week of Waverleys victory, Knox saw T.Jordan (Wav 9) stomp or use his foot in some way or form inappropriately in a ruck, but Waverley also saw Bosch throw a close fisted punch which went without punishment. Both schools agreed they would internally suspend both players for the next weeks round as to not make a massive fuss about it. T.Jordan did not play today, Bosch did. Knox true colours of mental weaknesses are shining through, from what I here, played terribly and conceded 22 from Trinity at home. If this title was on differential it would be in Waverleys hand. Scummy move if we're honest, Bosch is a good player, could have been the difference playing a back-up scrum half and losing.

If that's the truth, Knox come out of that looking truly decieptful and unsportsmanlike.

Plus what does it teach it's player. Tyzac Jordan will likely have a career in rugby and would have learnt a lot by Waverleys stand.

Bosch learnt all that matters is winning. Do anything you can to make sure that happens.

I would go with the Waverley option everytime.

B

Backline_Move

^^^^

My sons in the team and I just spoke with him. Apparently the school did say he was dropped but Matt Williams refused to listen to them.

What does that teach the boys!

It's time for Williams to go!

S

sidelineview

Lets not go into detail about what happened in last weeks game. The schools have dealt with it and the moderators on this thread dont allow discussion on foul play or alleged foul play. It can lead to all sorts of false accusations etc.
But @ WavesToWin i think you're right about the agreement that both players should miss this weeks game but only one did.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
@sidelineview, doesn't seem like 'false' allegations when you have parents hearing the same thing from their son who is in the offending team. Frustrating because had Waverley lost today, Jordan's absence would 100% have been a massive influence on that. The funny thing today when another parent told me what had happened, we joked that they would disregard the agreement, and when I read this the evening, I wasn't surprised at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.