• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
As good as the footy has been over this CAS Season. I don't think you can underestimate the quality of the sausage sizzles provided by these schools. Absolutely first class.
Most Valuable Sausage Sizzle - Trinity Grammar School
Best Value Snag - Knox Grammar School
Best Cooks - Barker College
Best Sauce Variety - Waverley College
Most Improved Snag w/bacon - Cranbrook School
Sadly, St. Aloys College has been well below the standard of snags not picking up an award this year.

B

Backline_Move

As good as the footy has been over this CAS Season. I don't think you can underestimate the quality of the sausage sizzles provided by these schools. Absolutely first class.
Sadly, St. Aloys College has been well below the standard of snags not picking up an award this year.

The highlight for me has been the Cranbrook sausage sandwich this year and it all comes down to the quality of the bread.

They have a top notch Baker down there producing some fine products.

Knox always uses two pieces of Coles variety bread. Time to up their game!

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
The highlight for me has been the Cranbrook sausage sandwich this year and it all comes down to the quality of the bread.

They have a top notch Baker down there producing some fine products.

Knox always uses two pieces of Coles variety bread. Time to up their game!

Look forward to seeing you volunteer your efforts to improve things with the Black and Blue committee next year..

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
Look forward to seeing you volunteer your efforts to improve things with the Black and Blue committee next year..

I've heard rumours that the Green and White Rugby Committee have found space within their budget to fund Wonder White bread. This should enhance their snags and will most likely result in retaining their Most Valuable Sausage Sizzle Award.

Barker and Knox both have chefs in training. Maybe a contender for 'Most Improved w/bacon' for next season.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
"reports are circling out of Cranbrook that young Oscar May in yr10 will make his 1XV debut this weekend"

Yes, May has been picked to start at 6. But Cranbrook has a huge injury list. But for injury, the starting line-up this week might have included Kemeny, Stewart, Stenmark, Crammond, Burston, Pilton, Broekhuisen and maybe others who are out. It's hard to see them getting up over Trinity tomorrow, especially if Wayland will be back.

diggerz donald

Bob McCowan (2)
Dr Diggerz Tips for the weekend:

Knox to win convincingly over st aloys, which will be a shame for the yr12 aloys boys going down in a tough loss

Waverley to win with convivtion over the Barker boys, and just to add to it i hear the hooker coghill is out as well

For the upset of the week i'm going to go with Cranbrook over Trinity in a tight contest that will see d.searl and e.renton have their best games of the season and will ultimately be the difference between the two teams

Good luck to the boys in their last round of rugby for their school this weekend

Good Footy 5

Frank Row (1)

I have heard the rumours and can confirm that Wonder White Bread has "a natural high flour secret ingredient to increase natural taste whilst maintaining it's soft texture" and that's why school kids around Australia manage to extract all the high fibre, great tasting goodness. It will be interesting to see which schools can utilise this going into the 2017 season.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
I've said it once and I'll say it again.. Cranbrook BBQ is the best in CAS. Fresh rocket, beetroot and tomato with excellent rolls and the choice of thick or thin sausages and I had no less than 3 last week over the day. Knox is stable in mid table with the useless white bread that falls apart in your hand. Waverley most improved, they brought out the rocket and even relish last week and the boys cooking look like they know what there doing. Aloys Barker and Trinity remain stable aswell.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
Saw a really entertaining game of schoolboy rugby today between Knox and Trinity. Trinity were really 'up' for the game and acquitted themselves well on Knox's home ground. Rasch and Morris were standouts and make the impact that helps Trinity to be current ranked 3rd in the CAS competition. Trinity scored some great tries - particularly in the 2nd half when they threw the ball around more. There was no doubt that Knox were the dominant team, however I really admired the fight shown by Trinity. Knox lost many lineouts on their own throw. They box kicked too much and turned the ball over at the breakdown.

I was surprised that Trinity played possibly their best player, Longville out of position at No. 10. In this position, he doesn't have enough room to move and his speed in broken play cant be utilised. The Knox backs were very slick and the Woodcock, Armstrong, Stocks combinations made very good metres and looked dangerous at all times.

The Knox forwards struggled today. I would say that Trinity had their measure. Knox gave away a lot of turnover ball at the lineouts and through ruck/ maul penalties. However, despite this, having watched all teams in the comp now, Knox and Waverley are definitely both the benchmark teams for the competition, and any suggestion otherwise would be ungracious.
"Currently ranked 3rd..."??? There are only 6 teams in the comp, so coming 3rd is nothing too flash.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
2nds Barker lead 17/13... Two tries a piece... Barker won 15As 19/12.... Waverly won 16As 36 nil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
With Stead on a yellow and a player down injured, Cranbrook scores against 13-man Trinity. Trinity up 17-15 at half time.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
At halftime Knox up comfortably. Though according to the score board the score is VW Australia or DI Jones real estate.
(But it is around 6 tries to nil )

Status
Not open for further replies.