• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
all those Knox kids, where they going to sit ... and then you have the one dunny ... with sandpaper toilet paper :mad:

welcome to Death Valley ... leave your boater hats at come, bring your own quilted toilet paper, and don't forget your mouthguard

in all seriousness going to be a great day ... I think some of the big games should be 13As, 14As, 2nds and 1sts

and it will be a contrast in playing styles ... Knox are going to try the rolling maul (yawn), and they will definitely try and keep it tight ...and use their 2 metre man ... they will try to put Waverley's backs to sleep, before judiciously allowing their backs a crack

and Waverley are going to the exact opposite, playing that high risk free-wheeling running rugby, reminding the silver tails that sons of tradies hit that little bit harder, and love a sneaky inside pass, and won't play to a blue-print

ironically I think the only way Knox can win is if they bait Waverley, and manage to get a few yellow or red cards from recklessness .... otherwise I just don't think Knox have the cattle this year

then again it is schoolboy rugby and I remember that Tom Cameron being fanastic as a junior ... and sounds like he has been quiet (in 2017) and might be leaving his best to last

only shame is ... I won't be able to see the Kings v Scots match ... so I hope sidesteppa is filming that one, and that the Waverley v Knox lives up to it's promise

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
all those Knox kids, where they going to sit . and then you have the one dunny . with sandpaper toilet paper :mad:

welcome to Death Valley . leave your boater hats at come, bring your own quilted toilet paper, and don't forget your mouthguard

in all seriousness going to be a great day . I think some of the big games should be 13As, 14As, 2nds and 1sts

and it will be a contrast in playing styles . Knox are going to try the rolling maul (yawn), and they will definitely try and keep it tight .and use their 2 metre man . they will try to put Waverley's backs to sleep, before judiciously allowing their backs a crack

and Waverley are going to the exact opposite, playing that high risk free-wheeling running rugby, reminding the silver tails that sons of tradies hit that little bit harder, and love a sneaky inside pass, and won't play to a blue-print

ironically I think the only way Knox can win is if they bait Waverley, and manage to get a few yellow or red cards from reckless .. otherwise I just don't think Knox have the cattle this year

then again it is schoolboy rugby and I remember that Tom Cameron being fanastic as a junior . and sounds like he has been quiet and might be leaving his best to last

only shame is won't be able to see the Kings v Scots match . hope sidesteppa is filming that one

Haha. Im hoping sidesteppa goes to death valley instead.

S

sidelineview

It is Waverley's flair in attack that I think will get them the win, but I agree about any wet weather advantaging Knox, even muddy conditions will obviously restrict WC. QP used to sit in a pool of water after rain - maybe not so these days?

Yeah, it gets muddy easy .. in patches on the field.
A bit muddy's OK, wont be a problem.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I wish I was going to a Death Valley too. Can't believe I have to barrack for a Knox win.I hope you GnG posters have tapatalk activated next Sat for us min attendees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rod,

The weather prediction is rain on Thursday, then fine on Friday and Saturday, so the grounds should all be ok by kick off time.

I did pick Barker to win last week, and my last throw of the dice will see the Waves win by 20-30 in a blowout!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Two teams with contrasting styles. I doubt a blowout will occur but no doubt Waves should be favourites. Knox have the cattle to win this. They just need to be coached to within a inch of their potential and then execute accordingly. That's what Barker did. Can Knox do the same?

S

sidelineview

Two teams with contrasting styles. I doubt a blowout will occur but no doubt Waves should be favourites. Knox have the cattle to win this. They just need to be coached to within a inch of their potential and then execute accordingly. That's what Barker did. Can Knox do the same?

You certainly hope so

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
When my day of reckoning arrives I will have confess to Rev Plume (Barkers first Headmaster) that I have sinned in actually barracking for Knox this weekend.

Great stuff Rod.

I think it will be a tough day for Knox. Waverley with all 3 schoolboys playing, will be powerful.

If they can win at least half of their lineouts, it will be a long day for Knox who rely on the set piece to play their game.

Will be interested to see if Knox play the same style Barker played two weeks ago as well. You can't play that sort of game against Wright and Moretti.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
BM,

I really quite enjoy talking to fellow rugby enthusiasts on this forum. Everyone is very passionate about their schools which is fantastic. But you actually do Knox rugby a disservice with your comments.

Now you definitely don't speak for anyone at Knox but yourself, because Knox players are respectful and hard working men that are passionate about their school like every other 1st XV player. But you do your best every time you comment to make Knox look anything but humble and gracious- big components of the schools rugby program.

The Knox boys I know are outstanding young men, I hope you can take a lead from there book this week and demonstrate the passion, but ensure you show that respect as well.

B

Backline_Move

BM,

I really quite enjoy talking to fellow rugby enthusiasts on this forum. Everyone is very passionate about their schools which is fantastic. But you actually do Knox rugby a disservice with your comments.

Now you definitely don't speak for anyone at Knox but yourself, because Knox players are respectful and hard working men that are passionate about their school like every other 1st XV player. But you do your best every time you comment to make Knox look anything but humble and gracious- big components of the schools rugby program.

The Knox boys I know are outstanding young men, I hope you can take a lead from there book this week and demonstrate the passion, but ensure you have show that respect as well.

I'm a parent, not a kid. I can speak how I like when I think it's true.

Don't be so pretentious next time. Knox will not be beaten this week and will rightfully take their place as 2017 premiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.