• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
I could not agree more with Brumbiejack. Watching Waverley this year is a pleasure. Hard clean rugby. Maybe the Wallabies and Waratahs should watch a game or two and see if some magic can rub off.

Waves have always had good rugby players and they obviously are pretty aggressive this year which helps them.

That's what makes them a good team this year.

Iamaprop

Frank Row (1)
Barker is playing some of their best rugby out of the last the couple years and am very intrigued to see whether or not the barker v Knox darby will be a bit more contested this year, although waverly is a worrying sight

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
A Waverley kings re match would be interesting. I wouldn't mind watching Kings get bitch slapped figuratively speaking. Might even pay for it.

S

sidelineview

Waves have always had good rugby players. The coaching group changed a couple of years ago and that's when this style of rugby become a part of Waverley. That's what's makes them so dangerous. They are a well coached team.

Hopefully waves do everything they can to keep their coaching group at the school.

So true. The Waverley coaching staff deserve a lot of credit.
Watching schoolboy rugby teams playing a confident running style of play is a pleasure.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I beg to disagree Backline Move.if you venture over to the GPS blog you will read my more balanced and accurate appraisal. Grubby they were not. They infringed, they got penalised. Childish accusations of underhand play are unwarranted.

Wristman,

Ignore him he is just a stirrer, since Knox has now been defeated several times, he has gone quiet.

Given the New/Waves result today, I wonder how confident he is now.

The other Knox supporters like catchnpass are very balanced!

Knoxoldboy

Frank Row (1)
My 2 cents is Waverly / Knox / Barker joint premierships! Each team losing one game with a couple of upsets with some tired Waverley and Knox bodies after playing tough rugby against the top GPS schools, barker to sneak under the radar.

S

sidelineview

My 2 cents is Waverly / Knox / Barker joint premierships! Each team losing one game with a couple of upsets with some tired Waverley and Knox bodies after playing tough rugby against the top GPS schools, barker to sneak under the radar.

Anything can happen in a one-round comp but Waverley and Knox look to have the goods and just as importantly, the depth.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think it will be a very hard comp to win for every team this year.

Knox and Waverley will always be strong. Barker are rapidly improving, Trinity is flying under the radar.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
This season I think is about as good as it gets.

Agree. Very excited to see the strength of the CAS teams represented higher as well. The likes of Frost representing at the highest level is great for CAS rugby.

I do have concerns about Cranbrook and their future involvement though, especially after speaking to a mixture of people today.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
I saw the comment but can't understand if it is correct why they would not compete at some level even if their firsts play waves or Knox seconds. Some participation is better than a withdrawal.

S

sidelineview

Agree. Very excited to see the strength of the CAS teams represented higher as well. The likes of Frost representing at the highest level is great for CAS rugby.

I do have concerns about Cranbrook and their future involvement though, especially after speaking to a mixture of people today.

That is a worry, especially as Cranbrook were 2014 CAS Premiers.

However, it looks like CAS will field a very strong 1st XV team.

Status
Not open for further replies.